RemedySpot.com

Recipes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sharon,

I have a cheese mold with strawberry jam in the center that is easy and is always a hit. My daughter has specifically requested it for her wedding reception. It tastes good and is pretty, too. Also, I made a small one and froze it to see how it would do. It worked wonderfully, tasted and looked just the same. So, you can either just make it the day before and put it in the fridge or make it several days early and put it in the freezer. We have hired a friend to do all the food and things that must be done the day before/day of the wedding, but I am going to do all the food that can be prepared in advance.

Here's the cheese mold recipe. I know the combination of cheese and strawberry jam sounds funky, but I promise it is wonderful. I have made this for years and my picky child refused to even try it. Finally she tried it at a bridal fair and absolutely loved it!

W

Cheese Mold

4 to 6 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese (I use medium or mild sharp)

2 8 oz blocks of cream cheese

1 cup mayonaise

1 tsp lemon juice

1 tsp garlic salt

½ tsp worchestershire sauce

½ cup grated onion

4 oz package pecan pieces

1 jar strawberry preserves or jam

I never ending using the same amount on the ingredients. I just kind of play it by ear and add until it tastes the way I think it should and is the right consistency.

Mix cheddar, cream cheese, mayonaise, lemon juice, garlic salt, worchestershire sauce, and onion together in a large bowl.

Line a jello mold or bundt pan (with a hole in the center) with saran wrap. This is VERY important because the cheese mold may stick and won’t come out looking pretty if you do not use the saran wrap. Sprinkle pecan pieces in the bottom.

Press cheese mixture into jello mold or bundt pan. Chill overnight (or you can freeze if you want to make the mold further in advance). Place large plate or round platter over the mold and turn upside down. The cheese mold should come right out. Remove the saran wrap. Put strawberry jam in the center of the mold. Place crackers around the mold.

While I'm at it. Here's a recipe for a banana pudding that is to die for!

Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding

2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies(they are in the small packages in the same area as the Pepperidge Farm goldfish crackers)

6 to 8 bananas, sliced2 cups milk1 (5-ounce) box instant French vanilla pudding1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped creamLine the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

• 5 years later...

Hello,

One the website recipe list, there are recipes that don't have the green circle

that indicates it is safe for the candida diet. The hot wing recipe appears to

have all of the ingredients on the diet list as well as the chicken stock &

bacon and tomato scramble etc but they don't have green circles. Are there

green circles that are missing?

Thank you,

>

> Hello,

>

> One the website recipe list, there are recipes that don't have the

green circle that indicates it is safe for the candida diet. The hot

wing recipe appears to have all of the ingredients on the diet list as

well as the chicken stock & bacon and tomato scramble etc but they

don't have green circles. Are there green circles that are missing?

+++Hi . I haven't had time to insert green and red circles on

all of the recipes. Most days it takes me over 6 hours just to answer

messages, and personal emails from my website, etc.

Bee