RemedySpot.com

Emotional Eating

Rate this topic

Guest guest

... Give it time. I think you will find with time your thinking about food changes. I know it has for me. When I am bored, I find something else to do such as my treadmill. When I just want flavor I give it five minutes and the thinking is gone. I don't even WANT burgers, cheese, eggs, chicken, meat of any kind, candy... I don't want it anymore. I can watch others eating and it doesn't trigger anything in me. I just don't care. Food is no longer a big deal. I think when I was first banded I made more of an issue of it than it really was. I'm the kind of person that if I see a "WET PAINT" sign, I have to go touch the wall to see if it is really wet. Yeah, I know. But the point is that just knowing I couldn't have food like I did before made me want it. Tell me I can't do something and darn well watch me do it! Today, I don't care nearly as much about food. I want to be thin farrrrrr more than I want food. I think with time you will see your own thinking changing a great deal. You find something to replace food, hopefully something healthy like exercise. Much of that kind of thinking is something you can change at will, with a little time. I have been banded for 8 weeks. I have reached 40% of my goal. I have every intention of finishing this in record time. I can do that because food isn't a big deal for me anymore. Since you are a newbie one issue you will likely find problematic are TV commercials. Pizza, burgers, chicken, the works. You see it, you want it. Just change the channel. It's amazing how well it works. The cravings will last as long as you are watching TV. Give it time, you'll see

lots of changes within yourself. <mclain@...> wrote: Maybe you all didn't hear, but I have received the award for the past 11 years in a row for having the worst MIL available. She was a gift straight from Satan himself. Having said that, she called me this morning (first morning home) to let me know how selfish I was to take my husband to Mexico and leave my children home for the weekend for a surgery that could wait (I decided this was a very

personal and private decision, so everyone thinks I went to Mexico for dental surgery). BTW, my children are 4,7 and 15, and we hired a college girl to come stay with them for the weekend and paid her $300.00. As she continued to berate me my mind started to wander off (as it usually does when dealing with her) and I started thinking about..... FOOD!!! I quickly thanked her for her concern (don't ask, if I tell her to mind her own business it gets so much worse), assured her that the children were fine, and hung up. I don't need the lapband, I need a hit man. Totally kidding, I completely take responsibility for my eating, and I believe that even mean people deserve to live. i guess. Anyways, to respond to the "why are people fat?" thread, I had a

total epiphiny today. I always knew I was an emotional eater, but I did not realize until I was LITERALLY UNABLE to eat just how bad it was, and I am quite surprised how often my mind wanders to food. I had to shut the pantry door all day today... and watch the caller id. To me food is like heroine. It makes me feel good. Just for awhile. Then I need more later. But unlike heroine it's legal and available EVERYWHERE. I'm very happy I got my band. '

Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels in 45,000 destinations on Travel to find your fit.

Did your MIL have a sister in Mobile, Alabama??? I swore she was also the spawn of Satan! You are so right about being addicted to food. Food is a horrible drug to have to give up simply because of the availability just like you said. It is everywhere. We reward ourselves and everyone else around with it. It becomes the driving force behind much of our activities, out social outings, everything we do. I am reading a book right now about running and one of the things it talks about in it is how we have to start focusing on the fact that our bodies are basically machines. All machines need fuel and the food is the fuel of choice for our bodies. That is all....it is FUEL. We shouldn't focus so much on the desire and the temptation, just focus on the fuel our body needs, provide just that amount, and move on. We wouldn't constantly overflow the gas we put in our cars so why

are we so insistent on overfilling our own bodies, which, in reality, are just machines! Good point. I haven't gotten to that point yet. I still eat because of the taste. I want to eat just because my body requires it. That is how my husband eats. I lived to eat and he eats just to live. Food does not control him. Food is simply his fuel. Oh, one day....one day! Jenni <mclain@...> wrote: Maybe you all didn't hear, but I have received the award for the past 11 years in a row for having the worst MIL available. She was a gift straight from Satan himself. Having said that, she called me this morning (first morning home) to let me know how selfish I was to take my husband to Mexico and leave my children home for the weekend for a surgery that could wait (I decided this was a very personal and private decision, so everyone thinks I went to Mexico for dental surgery). BTW, my children are 4,7 and 15, and we hired a college girl to come stay with them for the weekend and paid her $300.00. As she continued to berate me my mind started to wander off (as it usually does when dealing with her) and I started thinking about..... FOOD!!! I quickly thanked her for her concern (don't ask, if I tell her to mind her own business it gets so much worse), assured her that

the children were fine, and hung up. I don't need the lapband, I need a hit man. Totally kidding, I completely take responsibility for my eating, and I believe that even mean people deserve to live. i guess. Anyways, to respond to the "why are people fat?" thread, I had a total epiphiny today. I always knew I was an emotional eater, but I did not realize until I was LITERALLY UNABLE to eat just how bad it was, and I am quite surprised how often my mind wanders to food. I had to shut the pantry door all day today... and watch the caller id. To me food is like heroine. It makes me feel good. Just for awhile. Then I need more later. But unlike heroine it's legal and available EVERYWHERE. I'm very happy I got my

band. '

Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta.

'

Does your MIL have a daughter, I swear my SIL is her daughter. I was

thinking of getting a hit man for her, but it was either get the hit

man or be selfish and pay for my surgery.

Oh well, I did the surgery

FL

RNY 10 Jan 07

, I can totally indentify with you with your MIL. My own mother

can be pretty unsupportive and insensitive about my weight. and I

didnt even tell her until a few days before I left for Mexico. and

she was really upset and she played that whole guilt trip " why

wouldnt you tell me I am your mother " . But when she responded

with " I dont know why you need surgery, I always knew you were a food

addict, why dont you just pull yourself away from the table " speach,

I knew exactly why I didnt tell her in the first place! So, I

totally get your feelings on that. But I will tell you something

that you will soon find out to be true, those people that were

unsupportive about your decision will being singing a different tune

when you loose this weight! My mother is one of the first people to

tell me how great I look now, and I how she didnt agree with my

decision, but now she does see why I did this. And then her

husband " my step-dad " , actually walked up behind me the other day and

said he didnt recognize me from behind! So, your MIL will eat her

own words believe me! You go and do what you need to do for

yourself, because in the long run it is for your family too. Your

kids and husband (especially your husband), will enjoy the new you!

They will enjoy you for longer, because by taking charge of your life

you are adding years to it. They will love how happy you become with

yourself once you feel better about yourself. It is a great thing

you are doing, dont doubt it for second! :-)

And the food addiction thing. Oh I totally was in denial of that

until after I got this band! I never relized how much food had a

hold on me until I couldnt have it anymore. I have grieved food

since the day my band went on. But my relationship is slowly

changing with it,a nd it is so empowering!!! :-) The other night I

had my sister and her family over and I Made them Chili-verde and

brownies for dinner and then the next morning I got up and made them

all a huge breakfast with ham and eggs and pancakes. and I so

enjoyed feeding them without really eating much myself. I enjoyed

the cooking and the company and the food seemed to take a back seat

to all the other stuff for me. It was so great!!! :-) and it really

makes people stop and notice how strong you become. my sister was

like in awwwe of how much control I had. and I didnt even really

think about it. She also was in awe of how different I looked when

she walked in the door (and she saw me three weeks ago). I had my

hair fixed really cute and I colored it darker and I was wearing some

cute jeans and a sweat shirt, and she was like " oh my gosh you look

like you are 20 years old!!!! " . lol lol I just giggled. Not to toot

my own horn, but this whole process is a blast!!!! :-) I just take

it all in, because we deserve it, we work hard for it! the band is

not a easy road, but the rewards along the way make it worth the

journey!!! :-) so just enjoy it girl! :-)

hugs,

(342)322/282/160

dob 10/6/06

> Maybe you all didn't hear, but I have received the

award for the past 11 years in a row for having the worst MIL

available. She was a gift straight from Satan himself. Having said

that, she called me this morning (first morning home) to let me know

how selfish I was to take my husband to Mexico and leave my children

home for the weekend for a surgery that could wait (I decided this

was a very personal and private decision, so everyone thinks I went

to Mexico for dental surgery). BTW, my children are 4,7 and 15, and

we hired a college girl to come stay with them for the weekend and

paid her $300.00. As she continued to berate me my mind started to

wander off (as it usually does when dealing with her) and I started

thinking about..... FOOD!!!

> I quickly thanked her for her concern (don't ask, if I tell her

to mind her own business it gets so much worse), assured her that the

children were fine, and hung up.

> I don't need the lapband, I need a hit man.

> Totally kidding, I completely take responsibility for my eating,

and I believe that even mean people deserve to live. i guess.

> Anyways, to respond to the " why are people fat? " thread, I had a

total epiphiny today. I always knew I was an emotional eater, but I

did not realize until I was LITERALLY UNABLE to eat just how bad it

was, and I am quite surprised how often my mind wanders to food. I

had to shut the pantry door all day today... and watch the caller

id.

> To me food is like heroine. It makes me feel good. Just for

awhile. Then I need more later. But unlike heroine it's legal and

available EVERYWHERE. I'm very happy I got my band.

> '

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.

> Try the Beta.

>

Hi, '

Sorry about the MIL problem. Sounds like she might be one of your food

triggers. She evidently is one of those controlling types who gets

enjoyment from berating others. She has probably been this way from birth

and will most likely not change. However, she is your husband's mother and

your children's grandmother--like it or not. I would suggest that you

practice some survival statements out loud, over and over. The next time

she calls, you might try:

Thanks for all your concern but we are fine.

I'm so sorry but I don't have time to listen to such negative comments.

Please call again, Good=bye for now (and then hang up--gently, of course.)

You know, Mom/Grandma (whatever you call her), I would really like to hear

something positive when you call. We all love you so much but if you must

be so negative every time you call, I would prefer not to hear from you so

often.

What good things are going on your life today? There are so many wonderful

things in my life, let me tell you about them.....then start listing

everything you can think of.

Then there is always the other response: Listen, you WEASEL (can substitute

any number of your favorite names here--one might even start with a " B " ),

all you do is gripe and complain and I'm over it. Keep in mind that such a

response may make things even worse with her personality.

I'm sure our creative bandster friends can come up with many other

alternatives. So many of our group are so creative. If nothing else, you

can get some venting out the way and receive a few laughs over the MIL

situation at the same time. Come on group, help us out here!

At least while you are laughing and venting you won't be thinking about

food.

Best of luck in your weight loss!

C

Tampa

>Reply-

>< >

>Subject: emotional eating

>Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:31:17 -0800

>

>Maybe you all didn't hear, but I have received the award for the past 11

>years in a row for having the worst MIL available. She was a gift straight

>from Satan himself. Having said that, she called me this morning (first

>morning home) to let me know how selfish I was to take my husband to Mexico

>and leave my children home for the weekend for a surgery that could wait (I

>decided this was a very personal and private decision, so everyone thinks I

>went to Mexico for dental surgery). BTW, my children are 4,7 and 15, and

>we hired a college girl to come stay with them for the weekend and paid her

>$300.00. As she continued to berate me my mind started to wander off (as

>it usually does when dealing with her) and I started thinking about.....

>FOOD!!!

>I quickly thanked her for her concern (don't ask, if I tell her to mind her

>own business it gets so much worse), assured her that the children were

>fine, and hung up.

>I don't need the lapband, I need a hit man.

>Totally kidding, I completely take responsibility for my eating, and I

>believe that even mean people deserve to live. i guess.

>Anyways, to respond to the " why are people fat? " thread, I had a total

>epiphiny today. I always knew I was an emotional eater, but I did not

>realize until I was LITERALLY UNABLE to eat just how bad it was, and I am

>quite surprised how often my mind wanders to food. I had to shut the

>pantry door all day today... and watch the caller id.

>To me food is like heroine. It makes me feel good. Just for awhile. Then

>I need more later. But unlike heroine it's legal and available EVERYWHERE.

> I'm very happy I got my band.

>'

All.... When the Phoenix Bandsters had lunch did I mention that we went to visit in jail? ;o))))))ga cr <bgaroo@...> wrote: I figured out the MIL thing along time ago you fix her just like you fix your Ford!!!! bailing wire and duct tape and if that don't work use a bigger hammer..... dont laugh it works. <ldccox@...> wrote: Hi, 'Sorry about the MIL problem. Sounds like she might be one of your food triggers. She evidently is one of those controlling types who gets enjoyment from berating others. She has probably been this way from birth and will most likely not change. However, she is your husband's mother and your children's grandmother--like it or not. I would suggest that you practice some survival statements out loud, over and over. The next time she calls, you might try:Thanks for all your concern but we are fine.I'm so sorry but I don't have time to listen to such negative comments. Please call again, Good=bye for now (and then hang up--gently, of course.)You know, Mom/Grandma (whatever you call her), I would really like to hear something positive when you call. We all love you so much but if you must be so negative every time you call, I would prefer not to hear from you so

often.What good things are going on your life today? There are so many wonderful things in my life, let me tell you about them.....then start listing everything you can think of.Then there is always the other response: Listen, you WEASEL (can substitute any number of your favorite names here--one might even start with a "B"), all you do is gripe and complain and I'm over it. Keep in mind that such a response may make things even worse with her personality.I'm sure our creative bandster friends can come up with many other alternatives. So many of our group are so creative. If nothing else, you can get some venting out the way and receive a few laughs over the MIL situation at the same time. Come on group, help us out here!At least while you are laughing and venting you won't be thinking about food.Best of luck in your weight loss! CTampaFrom: "" <mclaincomcast (DOT) net>>Reply- >< >>Subject: emotional eating>Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:31:17 -0800>>Maybe you all didn't hear, but I have received the award for the past 11 >years in a row for having the worst MIL available. She was a gift straight >from Satan himself. Having said that, she called me this morning (first >morning home) to let me know how selfish I was to take my husband to Mexico >and leave my children home for the weekend for a surgery that could wait (I >decided this was a very personal and private decision, so everyone thinks I >went to Mexico for dental surgery). BTW, my

children are 4,7 and 15, and >we hired a college girl to come stay with them for the weekend and paid her >$300.00. As she continued to berate me my mind started to wander off (as >it usually does when dealing with her) and I started thinking about..... >FOOD!!!>I quickly thanked her for her concern (don't ask, if I tell her to mind her >own business it gets so much worse), assured her that the children were >fine, and hung up.>I don't need the lapband, I need a hit man.>Totally kidding, I completely take responsibility for my eating, and I >believe that even mean people deserve to live. i guess.>Anyways, to respond to the "why are people fat?" thread, I had a total >epiphiny today. I always knew I was an emotional eater, but I did not >realize until I was LITERALLY UNABLE to eat just how bad it was, and I am >quite surprised how often my mind wanders to food. I had to shut

the >pantry door all day today... and watch the caller id.>To me food is like heroine. It makes me feel good. Just for awhile. Then >I need more later. But unlike heroine it's legal and available EVERYWHERE. > I'm very happy I got my band.>' No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go with for Mobile. Get started.

Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels in 45,000 destinations on Travel to find your fit.

I'm so sorry to hear about all of your horrible MIL's!! I'm thinking there's a connection here... Now I'm feeling like I need to pass off that award. I must admit she's never sued me.

Now this is probably a really selfish thing for me to say, but it's very comforting knowing that other people have to deal with mean MIL's! It seems everyone I know loves their MIL, or she lives far away and they never see her. We should start a new group.

Re: emotional eating

-I can really relate to that. My MIL sued us! She is a piece of work but luckily we have not seen or spoken to her in years. But between her and my husbands ex wife... man I would get stressed and EAT. Or when my husband and I would fight- straight to the food. I can honestly say that I dont do that anymore. On my period weeks I notice I eat a lot more but otherwise I am pretty content with what I am eating and am not searching stuff out anymore. Right now though I am able to eat more then I should be able to so I cant wait to get another fill and feel some restriction.I can tell you that the best feeling was a couple weekends ago I went to a scrapbooking retreat (and gained but that is another story) but I ate the meals and enjoyed them but it was such a good feeling to eat what was on my plate and not still be starving and be embarrassed of how much I was eating or leave the table hungry b/c I didn't want people to see how much I eat.One thing I learned was to disengage from my husbands family b/c of how stressed they made me. Let your husband deal with his mom and keep yourself stress free!DOB 11/10/06>> Maybe you all didn't hear, but I have received the award for the past 11 years in a row for having the worst MIL available. She was a gift straight from Satan himself. Having said that, she called me this morning (first morning home) to let me know how selfish I was to take my husband to Mexico and leave my children home for the weekend for a surgery that could wait (I decided this was a very personal and private decision, so everyone thinks I went to Mexico for dental surgery). BTW, my children are 4,7 and 15, and we hired a college girl to come stay with them for the weekend and paid her $300.00. As she continued to berate me my mind started to wander off (as it usually does when dealing with her) and I started thinking about..... FOOD!!!> I quickly thanked her for her concern (don't ask, if I tell her to mind her own business it gets so much worse), assured her that the children were fine, and hung up. > I don't need the lapband, I need a hit man. > Totally kidding, I completely take responsibility for my eating, and I believe that even mean people deserve to live. i guess. > Anyways, to respond to the "why are people fat?" thread, I had a total epiphiny today. I always knew I was an emotional eater, but I did not realize until I was LITERALLY UNABLE to eat just how bad it was, and I am quite surprised how often my mind wanders to food. I had to shut the pantry door all day today... and watch the caller id. > To me food is like heroine. It makes me feel good. Just for awhile. Then I need more later. But unlike heroine it's legal and available EVERYWHERE. I'm very happy I got my band. > '>

Nina's pretty tough, she could get a pretty good side job here....

Re: emotional eating

' Does your MIL have a daughter, I swear my SIL is her daughter. I wasthinking of getting a hit man for her, but it was either get the hitman or be selfish and pay for my surgery.Oh well, I did the surgeryFLRNY 10 Jan 07

OH Gosh, this is one of the reason's I stay single!!! Dealing with

MIL's!!! I was dating this one guy for 3 yrs and his mother was a

real piece of work. She was so far up his business she knew what he

ate the night before. He did his best to keep her at bay but I knew

that if we ever married it would have been hell. This was not one of

the major reasons I split with him, but it was one of them. In fact,

when she first seen a picture of me, she goes don't date her she is

too fat!!! She had all these misconceptions about me without ever

meeting me once, she had already based her opinion about me using my

weight to do so...and she was no lightweight either and her son was

big as well...so I dont know where she came off talking about me!!!!

So, when I found out about it of course we never hit it off cause

she made the strain upon the relationship and when I did get a

chance to meet her, I was very distant towards her. Anywho, I hope

when I do get married that I get decent MIL. Best wishes to all of

you going through it all. Kelli

> >

> > Maybe you all didn't hear, but I have received the award for

the

> past 11 years in a row for having the worst MIL available. She

was

> a gift straight from Satan himself. Having said that, she called

me

> this morning (first morning home) to let me know how selfish I

was

> to take my husband to Mexico and leave my children home for the

> weekend for a surgery that could wait (I decided this was a very

> personal and private decision, so everyone thinks I went to

Mexico

> for dental surgery). BTW, my children are 4,7 and 15, and we

hired

> a college girl to come stay with them for the weekend and paid

her

> $300.00. As she continued to berate me my mind started to wander

> off (as it usually does when dealing with her) and I started

> thinking about..... FOOD!!!

> > I quickly thanked her for her concern (don't ask, if I tell

her to

> mind her own business it gets so much worse), assured her that

the

> children were fine, and hung up.

> > I don't need the lapband, I need a hit man.

> > Totally kidding, I completely take responsibility for my

eating,

> and I believe that even mean people deserve to live. i guess.

> > Anyways, to respond to the " why are people fat? " thread, I had

a

> total epiphiny today. I always knew I was an emotional eater,

but I

> did not realize until I was LITERALLY UNABLE to eat just how bad

it

> was, and I am quite surprised how often my mind wanders to food.

I

> had to shut the pantry door all day today... and watch the

caller

> id.

> > To me food is like heroine. It makes me feel good. Just for

> awhile. Then I need more later. But unlike heroine it's legal

and

> available EVERYWHERE. I'm very happy I got my band.

> > '

> >

>

Kelli

I can honestly say, I had a great mother in law, I wish she was still

alive, I'd have her living with us. I know we wouldn't have always

agreed, but I really liked her.

Now my brother's wife.......that chick is a witch........

FL

RNY 10 Jan 07

• 1 year later...

I tried to start Bee's Candida program at least 3 times before, but

never was able to last beyond 2 or 3 days without giving into food

cravings, comfort food, or emotional eating.

But this time is different. And I am shocked (and very pleased). I am

managing quite easily on the program without cravings and am still

enjoying the thrill of " comfort foods " . I can see some clear

differences I've made this time on the program, compared to when I've

" failed " before. Perhaps some of my revelations might be of help to

others.

And no, you don't necessarily have to be on the program for months or

years to get past the emotional eating. For me it's only been a week

and a half, and already I have a freedom from food addiction and

emotional eating that I've never experienced in my life before.

1) Decide that you will love yourself more than you will love food.

Food does not need to have a command over you. I decided this time

around that I was going to give Bee's program my best shot, once and

for all, because I'm worth it.

2) Start looking for other sources of love and comfort, other than

food. Is it really a good hug you are in need of every time you reach

for comfort food? Do you need to learn to do other things for yourself

that are comforting, other than eating? Such as luxuriating in a hot

bath, laughing with your favorite movie, getting caught up in your

favorite music, talking to and spending time with loved ones, enjoying

a new hobby, playing with your pet, planning an upcoming event or

trip, dancing your cares away, receiving a soothing massage, pampering

yourself and caring for your body, getting wrapped up in reading a

good book, making love, helping others with volunteer work, running

your fingers through the earth while gardening, indulging in some

museum or theater visits, letting yourself relax with meditation, etc.?

What do you really love to do or what activity do you really enjoy

being engaged in? Think about possibilities so that when the old urge

to reach for food sneaks up on you, you have an alternate to reach for.

If food is your stress reducer, explore other sources of relief.

If food is your reward, give yourself something that is really good

for you instead.

If food is your best friend, realize that you can love yourself and be

your own best friend.

3) Have a long term goal that you can clearly picture in your mind.

What is it you want the most to achieve with this program? Is it the

joy of seeing your skin clear and healthy, or having the energy to

play at the park with your dog (or child), or being so pain-free that

you can bend in any direction, or being able to sleep soundly and

comfortably, or having no more digestive upsets, or being able to

picture yourself on a beach slim and trim in a bikini? Establish what

the biggest motivator is for you, and imagine it several times a day.

What will you look like when you achieve this goal? What activities

will you be able to do? Where will you be able to go? Who will you

share your joy with? How much will it mean to you to achieve your goal?

It's very hard for any of us to reach a goal if we haven't been able

to get excited about it first. Think about what your primary goal is,

and start getting excited about it. So even if there are times when

life gets challenging for you while on this program, you'll be able to

focus on why you want to do this, and how much of a reward the outcome

will be.

Thanks Bee, for such an excellent program! I have so much more to look

forward to now, new doors are already opening.

Lis

• 1 year later...

THis is really tough on everyone. I'm so sorry..

Most of us are emotional eaters. I don't know a soul who became obese from eting

too much meat and veggies at meals. We've learned to use food as a medication

for stress, pain, anger, sadness, and just about every other emotion, and it's

very hard, if not impossible, to change this.

The GOOD news is that, with no fill, you really don't have much pouch to

stretch. the food is going right thru. It would be very very hard to get a

dilation.

This is also the BAD news, because we can eat til doomsday.

I personally eat extra solid protein to subdue the cravings. I also use

exercise, drinking fluids, and non-food treats. I purposely fill up with things

that are kind of a treat, but not too bad re calories - a perfect steak with

some BBQ sauce (that I usually avoid).Salad with lots of blue cheese on top.

Scalloped potatoes. ie allowing some extra treats.

I'll ight get a single large cookie at the deli (not a whole box) and eat it.

That is not the end of the world. Usually, one episode of scarfing does it, then

I can be more rational.

Be gentle on yourself. Some extra eating is not going to be unforgiveable.

Negate some of the extra calories with some extra exercise - this will also

release some pheremones (the " feel-good " hormones) that will help.

If you eat 1/2 of a half-gallon of lower-cal ice cream, that's about 800 calor,

max. Take a couple extra walks and forgive yourself!

What do others do?

Sandy

>

> One of the ladies I worked with for a long time committed suicide on Sunday,

how did I deal with it? Yep, I ate....and ate and ate and ate til I felt

crappy. Maybe I was punishing myself, I don't know. I don't have a fill right

now, so there was no problem with the food going through, however I am concerned

that I may have stretched my pouch. I have pretty much come to terms with the

death, but I need to find a better way to react to emotional stress, because I

am very sure this is not the last time I will face it. Any ideas?

>

I can't get my husband to understand that, he will use a half a bottle on every

salad then wonder why he can't lose weight.  As a new years resolution I asked

him to start measuring how many tablespoons of dressing he uses, he tried once

and never did it again.  I don't think he liked the # he got.

> I personally eat extra solid protein to subdue the cravings. I also

> use exercise, drinking fluids, and non-food treats. I purposely fill

> up with things that are kind of a treat, but not too bad re calories

> - a perfect steak with some BBQ sauce (that I usually avoid).Salad

> with lots of blue cheese on top. Scalloped potatoes. ie allowing some extra

treats.

Note that Sandy means CRUMBLED BLUE CHEESE, not Blue Cheese Dressing,

which is an evil substance.

--

" It's OK to be a little broken, everybody's broken in this life " Jon Bon Jovi

Dan Lester, St. , Utah, USA www.riverofdata. com/lapband

Banded 4/27/03, Dr. Ortiz, Tijuana

Started at 355, at goal in the 210-220 range for almost 4 years

Ultimate goal of 195 Tummytuck in Boise and SmartLipo in Tijuana

I used to have signs on fridge and on pantry saying

THE ANSWER TO YOUR PROBLEM IS NOT IN HERE.

Monday, January 18, 2010, 11:43:41 AM, you wrote:

> Emotional eating is a wagon I seem to climb on a lot - I think we

> all do - but one of the things I do is to stop and ask myself " How is his

going to help me? "

--

Dan Lester, St. , Utah, USA www.riverofdata.com/lapband

I think I will make a sign right now, great idea

> Emotional eating is a wagon I seem to climb on a lot - I think we

> all do - but one of the things I do is to stop and ask myself " How is his

going to help me? "

--

Dan Lester, St. , Utah, USA www.riverofdata. com/lapband

//One of the ladies I worked with for a long time committed suicide on Sunday,

crappy//Every single day I'm trying to figure out a way to deal with my

emotional eating. I have so many things I do to deal with it and I want to

share them with you. I taught myself how to knit. I popped in a how to knit

video and focused all my attention on learning this hobby. I am an avid knitter

now. I love it. I started cleaning my house. I recently started taping shows

such as " clean house " , " clean sweep " and " hoarders " I save all the shows for a

day on the weekend and I start out by watching them and then I'm off cleaning my

apartment. My house has never been so clean and organized and its because due to

the band...I'm bored to death...i spent so much time thinking about

food..lol.... I get rid of clutter...I go through my clothes...i get rid of

things i don't wear...i end up feeling better..my house is clean. I go to the

gym. I was pacing my apartment back and forth because I wanted to eat and

decided to go to the gym instead. I hope to make that more of a habit...i'm so

sorry your going through a hard time...i hope you consider knitting..it relaxes

your mind.

We are all emotional eaters and IMO this requires professional help to modify.

I'm a strong advocate of therapy as well as daily Guided Imagery. Both made a

huge difference for me in losing and now in maintaining. I changed my whole

relationship with food.

Sandy r

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Re: Emotional eating

//One of the ladies I worked with for a long time committed suicide on Sunday,

crappy//Every single day I'm trying to figure out a way to deal with my

such as " clean house " , " clean sweep " and " hoarders " I save all the shows for a

day on the weekend and I start out by watching them and then I'm off cleaning my

apartment. My house has never been so clean and organized and its because due to

the band...I'm bored to death...i spent so much time thinking about

food..lol.... I get rid of clutter...I go through my clothes...i get rid of

things i don't wear...i end up feeling better..my house is clean. I go to the

gym. I was pacing my apartment back and forth because I wanted to eat and

decided to go to the gym instead. I hope to make that more of a habit...i'm so

sorry your going through a hard time...i hope you consider knitting..it relaxes

your mind.

Thanks for the ideas,

I used to knit, but I have forgotten how.  I'll have to see if someone can give

me a refresher course.  I always preferred crochet, it goes faster.  I

actually joined a gym also, I love the classes, and I went back to school to get

my BSN and I upped my FTE at work and joined a bunch of committees, so I should

be busy enough that I don't think about food all the time.  However, I think I

made myself too busy, because now I am allowing enough time to plan for

nutricious meals, so I am not eating as well as I should at meal time.  This of

course leads to snacking. I am doing better though, every day is a new day! 

Thanks again for the ideas,

Subject: Re: Emotional eating

Date: Tuesday, January 19, 2010, 4:28 PM

//One of the ladies I worked with for a long time committed suicide on

Sunday, how did I deal with it? Yep, I ate....and ate and ate and ate til I

felt crappy//Every single day I'm trying to figure out a way to deal with my

the band...I'm bored to death...i spent so much time thinking about food..lol...

.. I get rid of clutter...I go through my clothes...i get rid of things i don't

wear...i end up feeling

better..my house is clean. I go to the gym. I was pacing my apartment back and

forth because I wanted to eat and decided to go to the gym instead. I hope to

make that more of a habit...i'm so sorry your going through a hard time...i hope

you consider knitting..it relaxes your mind.