RemedySpot.com

Toxic Mold - Real or Psychosomatic

Rate this topic

Guest guest

No one really believes that chronic exposure to high levels of such toxic molds as Stachybotrys, Aspergillus flavus, A. fumigatus, A. niger, etc. do not cause serious health effects. Some people may say mold is every where and has been around for centuries and helps recycle living materials ie a fallen tree, etc, ( all true ), but they are not talking about the extremely high buildups of some toxic molds inside homes where there is water intrusion, sometimes at 75 million or 85 million spores per gram of dust. Until they have suffered as some of you have, they will stay ignorant.

I testify in depositions and trials about 70 times a year and sample about 120 homes a year and takes boxes of scientific articles with me. We know toxic molds can poison you, but there are some people who may not have mold poisoning who are filing lawsuits, and their problem turns out to be formaldehyde, pesticides, heavy metals, diisocyanates, etc., but the press if full of stories about "toxic mold". I am just saying that some people go around with a hammer and everything simple looks like a nail. They need a differential diagnosis or a critical tox evaluation to rule out a more probable cause of their symptoms.....and sometimes, it is mold poisoning.

DR. RICHARD L. LIPSEY

PROFESSOR AND TOXICOLOGIST

UNIV OF NORTH FLA ( OSHA CERT )

UNIV OF FLORIDA MED CENTER, JAX

POISON CONTROL CENTER BOARD

WWW.RICHARDLIPSEY.COM

Dr. L. Lipsey

Professor and Toxicologist

Univ. of North Florida-OSHA Cert.

Univ. of Florida Medical Center-Jax,

Poison Control Center

www.richardlipsey.com