RemedySpot.com

Re: Tabitha

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

, so sorry to hear of Tab's set back , Donna has been having similar problems with one of her hips. Hers has actually popped out twice i think since January and I think she had several other close calls. Orthopedist is not real sure what's going on with her either other than ankle and knee problems may be causing a domino effect. Hopefully Tab has just pulled or strained a muscle or tendon and with rest it will resolve itself. Best of Luck and keep on a smile Tab, we're all cheerin for ya hun !!!!!!!:):):)Tree:):):) will you guys make it to AJAO conference this year ???? Tabitha Okay..i sent a message to this site..at 11:57 pm..monday night..neverreached here..lol.m Anyways..We had to go get Tab from school monday.She had been sitting in her desk and her left hip(which yallknow..she has had both replaced)was bothering..so she said she likedmoved to re-adjust herself and all of a sudden..she got a real badpain and at the same time heard a pop in her hip(said it sounded likea cork on a champagne bottle). So her aide helped her stand..Tabtried walking with her aides help..but the pain was to severe. Sothen the nurse called me..i then called her rheumy..which he and iwas afraid that it might have popped out of place or becamedislocated..all i could think of..was maybe it was a malfunctionhip..and she would need a new one..Well he said instead of taking herto the local er for xrays and waiting for hours..just give her sometylenol w/codeine and make her comfortable and bring her in the nextday. If the pain got worse..then call.So we went yesterday and thenew orthopedic surgeon was there..who also looked at her xrays..saidhip replacement is fine. They pushed on her left side..trying tofigure out where the pain was..she was crying.Of course..even then icried and she is now 17..and i hate this disease. But i have learnedit is apart of Tabitha and her life..Anyways..they took herblood..since it was the 4th wk. of this month..to see if her livercount is still up or has went down..This morning she went to thelocal hospital for a bone scan...the rheumy said this will helppinpoint if it is a hairline fracture..or where the painis...hopefully it will be able to tell us something. Now we play thewaiting game. Hopefully it isn't anything to bad..she needs helpwalking and help to the bathroom again..she was in her wheelchairyesterday for the first time since her hips were replaced. Butmaybe..just a pulled muscle..The rheumy gave her the rest of the weekoff..no biggie..she only has till tomorrow before Easter break..justhopefully they don't find something that will not let her enjoyit...he prescibed her percocets for the pain...the tylenol w/codeinewon't help..Also..i don't remember if anyone remembers me statingabout the rheumy upping tabs mtx..from 5 pills to 6 but it now comesin one pill..well he couldn't give her the 6 in 1 pill(good way todescribe it..lol)her access card which is through the state won'tcover it..something about money..anyways..so it will be 6 pillsinstead.Okay..Sorry to ramble..lol! Still am puzzled about the otherpost..must be floating around on the internet..lol!karen(tab17..poly)

Guest guest

Well sometimes we are suppose to know everything and just like the socks that disappear in the washer .....we may never know!!!!! LOLOLOLOL:):):):)Tree:):):):) Tabitha Okay..i sent a message to this site..at 11:57 pm..monday night..neverreached here..lol.m Anyways..We had to go get Tab from school monday.She had been sitting in her desk and her left hip(which yallknow..she has had both replaced)was bothering..so she said she likedmoved to re-adjust herself and all of a sudden..she got a real badpain and at the same time heard a pop in her hip(said it sounded likea cork on a champagne bottle). So her aide helped her stand..Tabtried walking with her aides help..but the pain was to severe. Sothen the nurse called me..i then called her rheumy..which he and iwas afraid that it might have popped out of place or becamedislocated..all i could think of..was maybe it was a malfunctionhip..and she would need a new one..Well he said instead of taking herto the local er for xrays and waiting for hours..just give her sometylenol w/codeine and make her comfortable and bring her in the nextday. If the pain got worse..then call.So we went yesterday and thenew orthopedic surgeon was there..who also looked at her xrays..saidhip replacement is fine. They pushed on her left side..trying tofigure out where the pain was..she was crying.Of course..even then icried and she is now 17..and i hate this disease. But i have learnedit is apart of Tabitha and her life..Anyways..they took herblood..since it was the 4th wk. of this month..to see if her livercount is still up or has went down..This morning she went to thelocal hospital for a bone scan...the rheumy said this will helppinpoint if it is a hairline fracture..or where the painis...hopefully it will be able to tell us something. Now we play thewaiting game. Hopefully it isn't anything to bad..she needs helpwalking and help to the bathroom again..she was in her wheelchairyesterday for the first time since her hips were replaced. Butmaybe..just a pulled muscle..The rheumy gave her the rest of the weekoff..no biggie..she only has till tomorrow before Easter break..justhopefully they don't find something that will not let her enjoyit...he prescibed her percocets for the pain...the tylenol w/codeinewon't help..Also..i don't remember if anyone remembers me statingabout the rheumy upping tabs mtx..from 5 pills to 6 but it now comesin one pill..well he couldn't give her the 6 in 1 pill(good way todescribe it..lol)her access card which is through the state won'tcover it..something about money..anyways..so it will be 6 pillsinstead.Okay..Sorry to ramble..lol! Still am puzzled about the otherpost..must be floating around on the internet..lol!karen(tab17..poly)

Guest guest

hi karen and tabs, im so sorry to hear this! i have a weird bone thing now too, one thing right after another isnt it? sometimes, i wish we could just have one whole week with just normal! is that really asking that much? i hope all goes for tab, i know the mystery pain in the hip replacement, i have it in my left one. they say mine is nerve damage from a bad fall, they removed a clamp i had in there cuz it looked damaged on x ray, but it still hurts the same. now, my jaw is killing me, im about like tabs on this one, i have held the tears so far. did my x rays today but wont know they said until tomorrow. i cant eat anything but noodle soup, i am not a happy person,lol. i wish the best for u guys, tell tabs i said hello! i havent spoken to her in a long time cuz my aol messed up and i had to uninstall it, so tell her if she still likes to chat to send me a or msn name if she has one. goodluck, brandy Tabitha Okay..i sent a message to this site..at 11:57 pm..monday night..never reached here..lol.m Anyways..We had to go get Tab from school monday.She had been sitting in her desk and her left hip(which yall know..she has had both replaced)was bothering..so she said she liked moved to re-adjust herself and all of a sudden..she got a real bad pain and at the same time heard a pop in her hip(said it sounded like a cork on a champagne bottle). So her aide helped her stand..Tab tried walking with her aides help..but the pain was to severe. So then the nurse called me..i then called her rheumy..which he and i was afraid that it might have popped out of place or became dislocated..all i could think of..was maybe it was a malfunction hip..and she would need a new one..Well he said instead of taking her to the local er for xrays and waiting for hours..just give her some tylenol w/codeine and make her comfortable and bring her in the next day. If the pain got worse..then call.So we went yesterday and the new orthopedic surgeon was there..who also looked at her xrays..said hip replacement is fine. They pushed on her left side..trying to figure out where the pain was..she was crying.Of course..even then i cried and she is now 17..and i hate this disease. But i have learned it is apart of Tabitha and her life..Anyways..they took her blood..since it was the 4th wk. of this month..to see if her liver count is still up or has went down..This morning she went to the local hospital for a bone scan...the rheumy said this will help pinpoint if it is a hairline fracture..or where the pain is...hopefully it will be able to tell us something. Now we play the waiting game. Hopefully it isn't anything to bad..she needs help walking and help to the bathroom again..she was in her wheelchair yesterday for the first time since her hips were replaced. But maybe..just a pulled muscle..The rheumy gave her the rest of the week off..no biggie..she only has till tomorrow before Easter break..just hopefully they don't find something that will not let her enjoy it...he prescibed her percocets for the pain...the tylenol w/codeine won't help..Also..i don't remember if anyone remembers me stating about the rheumy upping tabs mtx..from 5 pills to 6 but it now comes in one pill..well he couldn't give her the 6 in 1 pill(good way to describe it..lol)her access card which is through the state won't cover it..something about money..anyways..so it will be 6 pills instead.Okay..Sorry to ramble..lol! Still am puzzled about the other post..must be floating around on the internet..lol!karen(tab17..poly)

Guest guest

thanks..sorry to hear about your troubles..your right one thing after

another. You know..we have been having trouble with our main aol.it is the

provider i have..anyways..i am still under this one..the problem is..Tabitha

never opens msn messenger when she is on aol..i will tell her to send you

her one though..

take care and good luck..let us know about the jaw!

karen(tab17..poly)

Reply-

" jra list " < >

Subject: Re: Tabitha

Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 00:43:27 -0500

hi karen and tabs, im so sorry to hear this! i have a weird bone thing now

too, one thing right after another isnt it? sometimes, i wish we could just

have one whole week with just normal! is that really asking that much? i

hope all goes for tab, i know the mystery pain in the hip replacement, i

have it in my left one. they say mine is nerve damage from a bad fall, they

removed a clamp i had in there cuz it looked damaged on x ray, but it still

hurts the same. now, my jaw is killing me, im about like tabs on this one,

i have held the tears so far. did my x rays today but wont know they said

until tomorrow. i cant eat anything but noodle soup, i am not a happy

person,lol. i wish the best for u guys, tell tabs i said hello! i havent

spoken to her in a long time cuz my aol messed up and i had to uninstall it,

so tell her if she still likes to chat to send me a or msn name if she

has one. goodluck, brandy

Tabitha

Okay..i sent a message to this site..at 11:57 pm..monday night..never

reached here..lol.m Anyways..We had to go get Tab from school monday.

She had been sitting in her desk and her left hip(which yall

know..she has had both replaced)was bothering..so she said she liked

moved to re-adjust herself and all of a sudden..she got a real bad

pain and at the same time heard a pop in her hip(said it sounded like

a cork on a champagne bottle). So her aide helped her stand..Tab

tried walking with her aides help..but the pain was to severe. So

then the nurse called me..i then called her rheumy..which he and i

was afraid that it might have popped out of place or became

dislocated..all i could think of..was maybe it was a malfunction

hip..and she would need a new one..Well he said instead of taking her

to the local er for xrays and waiting for hours..just give her some

tylenol w/codeine and make her comfortable and bring her in the next

day. If the pain got worse..then call.So we went yesterday and the

new orthopedic surgeon was there..who also looked at her xrays..said

hip replacement is fine. They pushed on her left side..trying to

figure out where the pain was..she was crying.Of course..even then i

cried and she is now 17..and i hate this disease. But i have learned

it is apart of Tabitha and her life..Anyways..they took her

blood..since it was the 4th wk. of this month..to see if her liver

count is still up or has went down..This morning she went to the

local hospital for a bone scan...the rheumy said this will help

pinpoint if it is a hairline fracture..or where the pain

is...hopefully it will be able to tell us something. Now we play the

waiting game. Hopefully it isn't anything to bad..she needs help

walking and help to the bathroom again..she was in her wheelchair

yesterday for the first time since her hips were replaced. But

maybe..just a pulled muscle..The rheumy gave her the rest of the week

off..no biggie..she only has till tomorrow before Easter break..just

hopefully they don't find something that will not let her enjoy

it...he prescibed her percocets for the pain...the tylenol w/codeine

won't help..Also..i don't remember if anyone remembers me stating

about the rheumy upping tabs mtx..from 5 pills to 6 but it now comes

in one pill..well he couldn't give her the 6 in 1 pill(good way to

describe it..lol)her access card which is through the state won't

cover it..something about money..anyways..so it will be 6 pills

instead.

Okay..Sorry to ramble..lol! Still am puzzled about the other

post..must be floating around on the internet..lol!

karen(tab17..poly)

Guest guest

hows tab doing today? i feel so bad that this happened but its good the

doctor had someone there to assist him

this is part of this disease and i really dont like it for these kids

its hard on the kids and parents

hope everything goes good

Robbin

Guest guest

Hi ,

Warm, gentle hugs for Tabitha. I do hope she's doing okay. Not hurting so much. Did the bone scan give the doctors any clues as to what's going on in that hip? Please let her know that she is in our thoughts. I hope she still manages to have some fun and enjoy her vacation from school.

Take Care,

Georgina

We had to go get Tab from school monday.She had been sitting in her desk and her left hip(which yall know..she has had both replaced)was bothering..so she said she liked moved to re-adjust herself and all of a sudden..she got a real bad pain and at the same time heard a pop in her hip(said it sounded like a cork on a champagne bottle). So her aide helped her stand..Tab tried walking with her aides help..but the pain was to severe.........

Guest guest

This was the original posting about Tabs hip..took all week to reach

here..lol..must have really been surfing the net...oh yeah Tab said last

night her hip is feeling better since she is walking around on it..so a plus

sign..fingers crossed..

sorry about the mix up on emails...

karen(tab17..poly)

Reply-

Subject: Tabitha

Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 23:59:47 -0500

Hello Everyone..boy have i had a crazy and sorry past 2 days..

First yesterday I get an email from my Uncle in Tx.(my moms brother) letting

me know that my aunt who has been fighting pancreatic cancer since July of

99' is filling up with fluids and is to the point that she has no strength

and won't eat. Now I know from losing my dad back last May to lung cancer(he

only lived 8 days after diagnosis)..that one of the signs he had that it was

to the end..was no appetite..anyways..i have been really upset over my aunt

and her family. Plus, I love this wonderful woman.

Well then today, I get a call from the school nurse informing me that

Tabitha should be picked up early. Here she was sitting in her desk and went

to move as to situate herself better and she said she got a sharp pain in

her left hip and heard it pop(she said it sounded like when a cork is popped

off a champagne bottle). So I hung up..got my b/f out of bed(poor thing

works 3rd shift) to go get her..called her rheumy to see if I should get an

xray in case her hipped popped out of place. He told me to bring Tabitha to

Hershey tomorrow about 12..so he can see her and the orthopedic surgeon(not

the one who did her hips and right knee) a new one..that is there. Told me

to make her comfortable and give her tylenol w/codeine(which we keep on hand

for her) but if the pain gets unbearable to call. Well she is now snoring

knocked out from the med. but the pain is still there..she said it was a 5

on a scale of 1-10.

The rheumy told me she could eat breakfast but nothing close to lunch.in

case she has to have emergency surgery..she can't walk on it..so we carry

her..her 86 lbs..is heavy..lol.

He is also going to do her bloodwork while we are there since she is due to

get it done this week to make sure her liver count isn't still high..and

also her right knee can be looked at so we can decide what can be done as

far as..straigtening(sp) it. So we don't have to go back in April.

I cried when I hung up with him..her hips have been doing well and I pray it

is nothing major. She has missed school enough..and with Easter break

coming..i just hate to see her cooped up in the hospital! She cried and told

me she is sick of having to live this way..all i could say is..i know

Tabby..and try and not cry with her.She said this on the phone..so i could

not hug her.

Anyways, I will let yall know how it goes tomorrow..i better get to

bed..since it is 11:57pm..but i don't think i will be able to sleep.

Thanks for listening!

karen(tab17..poly)

MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos:

http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx

MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos:

http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Wow that's so sweet! Funny my mom put me to work when i got those butterflies too lol ! I was 17 and I'd had several boys go through me to get to a cute and bubbly girlfriend of mine and even one was after my older sister. taught me some good lessons though so I don't regret that time. My first steady boyfriend was so sweet to me and I half the time didn't believe him and was thinking he had another agenda. We might have gone somewhere if he had n't moved out of the state in my freshman year in college. Long distance thing was hard to do. I 'm so happy that Tabitha is happy and u too mom LOL :):):)Tree:):):) Tabitha Hiya Friends..hope all is well!!! I wanted to share something that I am very happy about. Tabitha has never really got to do alot in her teen years..I mean social wise. Her brother and her go and do alot of stuff. But she don't have buddies to run around with. Anyways, when Tab was in 8th grade..a boy asker to go steady with him..Tab was so tickled that he asked her. Well about 1wk later..my other half told me that the boy dumped her. Well Tab didn't say a word to me. She knows how I am . So I asked Tab about it and she said he came up to her at lunch in front of all her friends at school and told her he wanted to break up because he couldn't go steady(whatever it is called) with someone who is in a wheelchair(which she was because it was right after her getting both hips replaced..and she could get around faster in school)he said his friends picked on him about it. Well Tab said she didn't care that if he was narrowed minded enough to listen to his friends then she didn't want him around her. Well later on there was a dance and Tab went in her wheelchair..well I guess this boy begged her to be his friend again..and Tab told him no..he was even on one knee..he left the school crying(Tab was still hurt) Well high school rolls around last year and Tab became friends again with him. They had a dance where girls asked boys..he didn't have a date so he could go..so he asked Tab..called her..wrote notes..pretended he liked her again. We picked this boy up...he was well mannered..Tab and him looked nice and Tab was walking on her own.Took them to a restraunt(must be getting tired.not sure if my spelling is right..lol)they sat alone and we sat elsewhere. Here when they got to the dance the boy ignored her and danced with all his friends..then had the nerve to come up and tell her he hoped she didn't think they were b/f, g/f because they were only friends..wanted to make sure they were on the same page..exact words he used. She told us this after we dropped him off..was I fit to be tied...So I called and talked to his father the next day..I told him I didn't like my daughter being used like that..here his father said he did the same thing to another girl at homecoming..just so he could go..lol.some people... Okay..here is my news..Tabitha has been liking this boy named Josh..before he was seeing someone..and only wanted friendship..which she was fine..I thought she only cared for him as friend after that..here he called her yesterday on the phone..told her that he has been wanting a relationship with her but didn't know how to approach her..they was on the phone so long..it went dead..lol! I wish yall could of seen Tabitha..that girl had a grin on from ear to ear..she said mom I feel all giddy inside..and full of energy..me being funny said go do dishes then..she said not that energy..i said well at least you will smile while you do the dishes..She said mom..he told me he loved my laugh and that I was beautiful. Funny how mom always tells her she is beautiful and she don't smile like she did when he told her..oh do i miss being a teen..the butterflies and all. Anyways, I think that this boy is going to be good for her..I can't wait till their first date..My baby is a young lady now..next year she will be 18..and I am glad that she will at least have this good memory of her teen years. I say this because she said next year she will be an adult and can make her own decisions.. Sorry to ramble..tend to do this lately..lol! But as happy as I was for her..you would think he wanted me to be his girlfriend..lol!!!Aren't are children terrific!!!!!! karen(tab17..poly) Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: Click Here

Guest guest

Oh , Your post made me cry tears of happiness! You're daughter I'm sure is beautiful inside and out as are you. Enjoy this time because these are the "up's" that the "down's" are there to help us appreciate. Reading Tab's latest chapter is such a nice way to start my morning. Big hugs to you two!

Eli and Riley poly 4