RemedySpot.com

one leg shorter

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

yall

mentioned to me that one leg felt shorter than the other have yall had any experience with this?

just wondering

i looked at her while she showed me one leg is bent when the other is straight

and this is bare footed Robbin

Guest guest

Yes. Janelles arthitic leg was longer then the other leg because the

inflamation caused it to grow faster. The reason you daughter leg is not

straight in caled a contraction. They splinted Janelle leg for this.

eventually the legs did catch up SHU

Guest guest

Hi Robbin, I don't think that nas is that way but I havn't checked to see but I have read about that. I think it has something to with the jra sometimes part of their body will grow faster than the rest but I know I read that there is a surgery for it to fix it; if you wanted to fix it. Jona mom of na 2 poly

Robbin40@... wrote: yall mentioned to me that one leg felt shorter than the other have yall had any experience with this? just wondering i looked at her while she showed me one leg is bent when the other is straight and this is bare footed Robbin

Guest guest

Robbin,

Tasie is in the same situation. Her left leg is much

shorter than her right. Along with her feet turning

in dramatically this isn't helping her walk at all.

You're not alone.

Hope all is well. Wish you the best.

Love to all,

Casaria & Tasie

Guest guest

Hello everyone, My right leg is shorter than the right. The right knee also

gives me moretrouble and has been drained and injected more over the years

than the left. My rheumy suggests it is the strain on it from walking

crooked. I have had soft lifts in my right shoe to off set the difference

dince I was little. Smiles to all, :) Carolyn, 42 with JRA

Guest guest

Carolyn, 42 with JRA, Interesting to right apendages???? your right leg shorter than your right leg*****!!!!

friendly tease!!!

Rusty(full of the devil ) Limbs

Guest guest

Hi ette,

We're new here too. Welcome, you can consider Riley and I some of your new friends. I'm so thankful as a mom of a child with JRA to have this group. I hope the group helps you as much as it's helped me. I'm so glad you've found it.

You're not alone

I can't answer your one leg shorter question, we haven't had to cross that bridge. I just wanted to welcome you.

Eli and Riley 4 poly

Guest guest

ette, hi and welcome. My name is Carolyn Mullin I am 42 with JRA and my

right leg is shorter than my left. I am so sorry you must deal with this

disease however you have come to the right place! Right everyone??? :) Here

us vetern JRA members can help eachother along with all the moms and their

wonderful children who have been fighting this battle. My e-mail is

cybersis40@... if you would like to e-mail me. Please feel free too.

Guest guest

Hi I am ette and new here. I have been standing back and just reading, and I must say i wish my Mother had this when i was diagnosed with JRA. I got it when I was three and am now 47. what made me write is I have a left leg shorter then my right leg. Is this a common thing with JRA?

I am on nothing right now and hope to be soon. Been having pains in my hip, knee and elbow. I have deformities all over my body and am short because of JRA and all the medicines they tried.

I was married for 25 years but he left for some women he met on the Internet. I have three wonderful children. I use crutches to get around. I go through spirts. For thirteen years i needed only my legs to get around then I had a bad flair, and high fevers for about three months and haven't been off the crutches since.

I needed a group like this because I get so tired all the time and am in pain and no one seems to understand.

Thank you for reading this letter, I hope to make new friends here.

ette

<:)))><

-- Re: one leg shorter

Carolyn, 42 with JRA, Interesting to right apendages???? your right leg shorter than your right leg*****!!!!

friendly tease!!!

Guest guest

Funny thing, after I wrote about Tasie's leg last

night I went and took a good look at them. I was

wrong, it is the left leg is substantially longer than

the right. As is her arm. The left side gives her

the most trouble.

Love to all,

Casaria and Tasie

Guest guest

Yes Carolynn and all thumbs to boot!

Rusty L

On Sat, 18 May 2002 19:33:19 EDT cybersis40@... writes:

Dear Rusty, Haven't you have heard of people with two left feet, well I guess I have two right ones!!! LOL!!! :) Carolyn

Guest guest

Hello ette, and welcome to the group or glad to see you join in, yes

the people on this group really do understand. For those who have been

livin with this diecease and the parents whom watch their children

dealing with the daily pain and challenges of jra really do understand.

And they are here for you for any questions you have and strong shoulders

to lean on.

So if you feel like crying a bucket of sorrows, then give em up, we got

plenty of tissues!!! for all those teary eyes.

And lots of arms, really to offer hugs of comfort and support.

Rusty Limbs 34 years jra A S

Guest guest

lette,

Welcome. We are all glad that you have joined, just

sorry to meet you under these circumstances. You

sound like a very strong woman with wonderful children

to help light the way.

I am sure you will make many friends here. This is a

great family.

Love to all,

Casaria and Tasie

Guest guest

Hi ette,

You'll make a lot of friends on here everyone is so nice and supportive. My little girl was diagnosed with polyarticular jra at 10 months old and she 2 now. She has arthritis in almost every joint. Can I ask you what type you have? I don't know if having the shorter leg is common or not but I read about it in a few different books and I know that they do give that as one of the symptoms of jra. Sorry I couldn't help more. And the guy that left for another woman; I would have been glad cause if he was that mean then you didn't need him anyway. Hope you get some releif soon and Ill be praying for you Jona mom of na 2 poly

Ginger Sunshine <sweetpea777@...> wrote:

Hi I am ette and new here. I have been standing back and just reading, and I must say i wish my Mother had this when i was diagnosed with JRA. I got it when I was three and am now 47. what made me write is I have a left leg shorter then my right leg. Is this a common thing with JRA?

I am on nothing right now and hope to be soon. Been having pains in my hip, knee and elbow. I have deformities all over my body and am short because of JRA and all the medicines they tried.

I was married for 25 years but he left for some women he met on the Internet. I have three wonderful children. I use crutches to get around. I go through spirts. For thirteen years i needed only my legs to get around then I had a bad flair, and high fevers for about three months and haven't been off the crutches since.

I needed a group like this because I get so tired all the time and am in pain and no one seems to understand.

Thank you for reading this letter, I hope to make new friends here.

ette

friendly tease!!!

Guest guest

I didn't have one leg shorter than the other until I had hip replacement then one wound up only 1/4" shorter because the surgeon found out that when he went in the left leg was a petite bone and the right leg was more for a husky person. He said I should probably have had the bones of a husky person all over but my left side seems to be smaller because of the JRA. Same with my hands He said that to look at my palm he thought that my fingers all of them should have been larger. My left side always bothered me more as a child than my right, If my feet hurt it was the left that hurt worse and needed more therapy always, same with the hip ..the left was the first to go. I can't turn my neck to the left at all but can turn a small amount to the right :):)Tree:):) one leg shorter yall mentioned to me that one leg felt shorter than the other have yall had any experience with this? just wondering i looked at her while she showed me one leg is bent when the other is straight and this is bare footed Robbin

Guest guest

Hi ette I'm 40 and was diagnosed with JRA at 8 after years of knowing something was wrong but not what was wrong. I'm married and have one son soon to be fifteen. I am the Co-Leader for and childrens and young Adults support group here in KY called FACES. In fact we had a big find raiser this weekend , Sat. and Sun. and I think I'm well not in pain ..just past it to the numb all over stage lol. I'm sure your no new to that one , with kids things don't just stop when your pain starts. I'm glad you found this group , Your right we had no support as children and I don't know about you but I never really knew anyone else with my type of arthritis until I was 36 and met the Leader of our FACES group and we started FACES together ! You will be and are understood in this group, that I can guarantee with no problems, there are lots of young adults on her that have grow up just like you have and we are shy about sharing what we have to deal with and have dealt with in the past. This group is the best and if nothing else its just a great place to seethat your never alone as much as it feels like you are. omg I'm so tired I can't even form my sentences right so I need to jump (lol Just a figure of speech mind you lol) Keep Smilin' :):):):):)Tree:):):):):):):) Re: one leg shorter Carolyn, 42 with JRA, Interesting to right apendages???? your right leg shorter than your right leg*****!!!! friendly tease!!! Rusty(full of the devil ) Limbs

Guest guest

Hi and thank you. I was and still am going through so much. I was married for 25 years with all the deformities and I am so sure that's why he left me and the kids. I have three. Two are retarded and one is normal and 21. I love them they are the reason I am still here. I wanted to kill myself because of the shortness and the deformities but the kids are what's keeping me going.

Today my ex came over for 's birthday, she turned 17 but still acts 10. Anyway he took us to the mall, then to a toy store, and then to a donut shop. It was fun but i am so sure he doesn't understand that he made me so tired. I can hardly sit here and type. I have to however keep myself going for the kids but as soon as they are in bed old MaMa is going to rest and watch tv. Why is it people don't understand that we get so tired? This is why i can't work full time either. A part time job is about all I can handle. But of course they wont hire me with the way I look. That's why I was hoping I could meet some friends. Especially ones who have the same thing wrong, maybe I can face it better. Gee i think I did better at facing it when I was young. Now I know I am too old to get a boy friend yet with all my deformities who would want me. So I am making it with just me and my children.

Thank you so much for being here and being a friend. I bet it was hard for you as well. I wish you all the good things in life.

ette

Hi ette I'm 40 and was diagnosed with JRA at 8 after years of knowing something was wrong but not what was wrong. I'm married and have one son soon to be fifteen. I am the Co-Leader for and childrens and young Adults support group here in KY called FACES. In fact we had a big find raiser this weekend , Sat. and Sun. and I think I'm well not in pain ..just past it to the numb all over stage lol. I'm sure your no new to that one , with kids things don't just stop when your pain starts. I'm glad you found this group , Your right we had no support as children and I don't know about you but I never really knew anyone else with my type of arthritis until I was 36 and met the Leader of our FACES group and we started FACES together ! You will be and are understood in this group, that I can guarantee with no problems, there are lots of young adults on her that have grow up just like you have and we are shy about sharing what we have to deal with and have dealt with in the pa! st. This group is the best and if nothing else its just a great place to seethat your never alone as much as it feels like you are. omg I'm so tired I can't even form my sentences right so I need to jump (lol Just a figure of speech mind you lol)

Keep Smilin' :):):):):)Tree:):):):):):):)

Re: one leg shorter

friendly tease!!!

Rusty(full of the devil ) Limbs!

Guest guest

Hi Jona, Yes you all have been so nice. i finally get to go see my rumy tomorrow and hope she can do something for the pain. All I know is I have JRA with the fevers that last for months and the rash. I have also had a spinal fusion and had a halo and cast and trake. I have it in every joint and the looks to prove it. I am sure my one leg is shorter because of the knee not going as straight as the right and the hip not going as straight either. I am sure that's why.

I wish you all the good luck and happiness and you will all be in my prayers.

ette

friendly tease!!!

Guest guest

Hi and thank you all. I have found you all are so nice. It just breaks my heart to hear about the little ones who have this. I know what I went through and am still going through and pray for everyone.

ette

lette,Welcome. We are all glad that you have joined, justsorry to meet you under these circumstances. Yousound like a very strong woman with wonderful childrento help light the way. I am sure you will make many friends here. This is agreat family.Love to all,Casaria and Tasie__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hi Rusty and thank you so much. I truly need friends. Like today I was out with my children and a friend who well doesn't understand how tired I get and just ran me ragged.

I thank you all wonderful people and wish I knew about this place sooner.

ette

Hello ette, and welcome to the group or glad to see you join in, yesthe people on this group really do understand. For those who have beenlivin with this diecease and the parents whom watch their childrendealing with the daily pain and challenges of jra really do understand. And they are here for you for any questions you have and strong shouldersto lean on. So if you feel like crying a bucket of sorrows, then give em up, we gotplenty of tissues!!! for all those teary eyes. And lots of arms, really to offer hugs of comfort and support. Rusty Limbs 34 years jra A S

Guest guest

Hi Carolyn and thank you so much. I truly need friends. It's so funny I always thought that i was the only one dealt this horrible thing but it's so nice to know there are others who can understand what I am going through.

I am going to go see my doctor tomorrow in hopes that i can start something to take away the pain and the feeling so tired.

Thank you all!

ette

ette, hi and welcome. My name is Carolyn Mullin I am 42 with JRA and my right leg is shorter than my left. I am so sorry you must deal with this disease however you have come to the right place! Right everyone??? :) Here us vetern JRA members can help eachother along with all the moms and their wonderful children who have been fighting this battle. My e-mail is cybersis40@... if you would like to e-mail me. Please feel free too.

Guest guest

Thanks ette,

You just hang in there and hopefully the rheumy can do something to give you some releif soon. Maybe you'll find a guy friend on here And I am sure you are exagerating on how you look; I think everyone thinks that their own self don't look good, or at least that's how I feel about myself. I bet your beautiful! Warm healing powers coming your way, Jona, mom of na 2 poly

Ginger Sunshine <sweetpea777@...> wrote:

Hi Jona, Yes you all have been so nice. i finally get to go see my rumy tomorrow and hope she can do something for the pain. All I know is I have JRA with the fevers that last for months and the rash. I have also had a spinal fusion and had a halo and cast and trake. I have it in every joint and the looks to prove it. I am sure my one leg is shorter because of the knee not going as straight as the right and the hip not going as straight either. I am sure that's why.

I wish you all the good luck and happiness and you will all be in my prayers.

ette

friendly tease!!!

Guest guest

Hi ette, Hang in there gal! We are all here for you and as for the Ex ...well it's his loss now. JRA vets are ..well.. like those timex watches, we take the lickin's and keep on tickin" lol ! Your heads in the right place if you stay positive and think of yourself and your kids needs. I'm sorry that your Ex still doesn't understand your need to pace yourself and I wouldn't hold my breath that he ever would beings its been 25 yrs and he hasn't learned that lesson yet!! At least he is still involved with the children. I think you'll soon find out that not only will bed and TV time become your TLC but this group will be great for TLC as well. Most people understand very little or nothing about JRA. That's why the FACES group goes to businesses and schools and delivers a program to teach about arthritis, the differing types and about the forms that they can prevent, we also teach about being different and how we are all alike in many ways. We actually tape the childrens hands and put splints and things on them to help them understand about limitations, then we ask them to perform everyday tasks that they do all the time and don't think twice about like dressing for school in time to run to a bus, opening pill bottles and water bottles , to dealing with bullies and people who laugh or make fun of them. I guarantee we've changed a few lives and in the process are stamping out a little of the ignorance about JRA and the fact that kids get arthritis, too! As for the rest of your life well you have a long road ahead of you and a couple more children to help leave the nest. Also I truely believe their are alot of people out there that understand and don't judge on appearance or limitations. I worked for almost a dozen years as an artist and designer for a local stoneware firm. The owner had a son that was mentally ill and so was very understanding about having a chronic illness. I had to give up that job finally because I was doing too much damage to my fingers wrist elbows and shoulders, and had to have both hips replaced was the last straw that made my surgeon say nomore 60 hr weeks for me lol ..It was the hardest thing I'd ever done. My job was my place where I fit in finally and now I had to give it up and I couldn't do it for many reasons, I even used a scooter at work for almost 2 1/2 yrs before admiting that I for sure had to have the hip replacements. Talk about stubborn lol. I thnak God for that stubborness though , it gets me through when I feel so bad but have to still be there for my hubby and son. My husband helps alot around the house but I'm here to tell you that there is alot that he doesn't understand, can't handle and will never come to terms with ....I've now accepted this about him and well I ask him to do what he can like clean the toilet , lol the floors, help with laundry, who cares if all my bras and undies are pink or blue or a queer shade of gray lol! Other things like depression, fatigue, and how things can change from one minute to the next is much harder for him. So I don't expect too much from him in that way because he doesn't handle change well and that's what alot of my life is about lol I think my son is going to do well though , he's grown up understanding what it's like to have to do things but in a little different way. He is so far clear of JRA but we have had a few scares with growing pains. He does however have severe allergies, specific Learning Disability and attention Deficit Disorder. I'm not sure which is worse , having the "invisible disability " or the "visible kind" ...they both have huge pitfalls. He just graduated from eigth grade this evening, and what trial the last 9 years have been for us. I'm sure you know these frustrations as well! Ok well i've written a short novel now and it's almost 11:30 and that's several hours past my bed time lol Dang computer steals my rest time more than I care to admit lol I think i'm addicted lol SO think positive and you will handle life's twist and turns lol I meant the road of life not our bodies lol although the older I get its really funny how the things that are suppose to be straight are crooked and the things that are suppose to bend are permanently straight lol Oh well such is my life lol Ok I'm really quiting this time lol what state are you in ette???? :):):)Tree:):):):) Re: one leg shorter Carolyn, 42 with JRA, Interesting to right apendages???? your right leg shorter than your right leg*****!!!! friendly tease!!! Rusty(full of the devil ) Limbs!

Guest guest

ette your kids are mentally challenged and you dont look at it any other way its just hard for me to look at the R word for mentally challenged i have a sister who is 19 and she has a speech problem and is mentally challenged but she still cares and loves maybe in a different way i dont see any difference other than they need special care and god chose you for this job cause he knew you could do it no MEN not saying ALL men have a problem my hubby included they think everyone should be normal but whats normal no one knows right now my hubby whom i have been married to 26 years still hasnt got it in his head that just because has a good day shes ok shes physically challenged and this JRA wipes her out one day good the next shes so tired she cant do what she did the day before he still cant except the fact this is his baby girl that has a disease that robs her

of a so called normal life at this time he doesnt see that working with and doing everything wipes me out so i started telling him ok

its like this is still your daughter she gets tired more than WE do and theres things she cant do one day but can the next its something HE has to get use to well that came back with fussing if and when he wants to learn about JRA then he can ask or learn to read up on this disease and understand she isnt going to give something to him deep inside he thinks its his fault is like he is so a man tries to close a door in his brain to not see this anymore and at some point they run so far my hubby has stuck with us but theres times when i wish he would just go off for a week and let me deal with alone i have seen him crying when went into a tremor or when screams so bad in pain and theres nothing he can do he looks at me and says you dont care about whats happening i told him yes i do care i just cant do anything except give her medication and take her to the ER

and hold her and tell her everything will be ok he said but you dont know that i looked at him and said right i dont know everything but i do know she needs this hug and she needs words that make her feel better and someone who will be there for her maybe in years to come he will come around if not well i tried and will know and i am pushing to do what she wants to do and her goals are to go to college and suceed in life no matter what i am behind her 100% if her dad cant deal with it then its him hold your head high ette and dont worry about what others think its their problem

they say never judge a person til you walk a mile in their shoes well thats so true

and dont you let anyone make you feel not worthy when your doing everything you can to do the right thing and your X hubby should see that theres a difference between being a dad and BEING A DAD

i had a dad but he never was a dad my grand dad and step dad were DADS if you want to talk email me my hubby and me only have 1 son and 1 daughter he wants more kids lololol but since mom passed away in 1999 we have extra kids around most of the siblings are in their late teens or early 20s so i am the extra mom for them lolol and the baby sister will have to have someone looking over her at all times but i am so called happy just being ME s mom :-)

Robbin