RemedySpot.com

Test results and swelling of foot-pretibial myxedema?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi, could someone please help me understand what these test results mean?

on 4/16: Free T4: 3.44

on 4/17: Free T4: 4.57

on 4/18: T3:2.99,

Here is another set of test results: TSH: c0.01, FreeT4: 1.94, Free T: 4.46 on April 25, last one done.

I do not understand any of these results, other than that they are abnormal, tried to eductate myself, but can not seem to remember what I read, no matter how hard I try.

Also, my cast just came off my broken foot 2 weeks ago, and my foot still has substancial swelling. After reading a bit, I came to conclusion that it may something called pretibial myxedema related to my Graves Disease, can anyone tell me what can be done about it. My whole foot is swollen to 2x the size of normal, and the tissue when pushed with finger, dimples/dents really bad and takes a while to go back to "normal". It feels like it is filled with gelatin. I have had swollen parts before, but tissue never looked and felt like this. Skin is very warm, but has normal skintone. Anyone have any ideas on what to do for it?

Thank You very much for any help:>)

mpet

A big hug and a big Thank You to Pam Brisse and AntJoan for being the only 2 people who responded to my, granted rambling, but nevertheless desperate plea for help. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond, it made me feel less like an outsider and a dummy. I read all you had to tell me, but I am sorry to say, I am still lost, but hanging in there {{{{}}}}Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: Click Here

Guest guest

In a message dated 7/5/2002 2:57:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, mpetva@... writes:

I am sorry to say, I am still lost,

Dear mpet,

Sorry to hear you are still feeling lost. Sometimes it helps just to come up with your "next step." Have you figured out what that might be? Perhaps you can go to iThyroid.com, if you haven't yet, and just read some stuff, a little at a time, to get a feel for things. Then maybe choose just one supplement to start on, such as copper, and try eating lots of broccoli, cabbage and tofu.

Let us know how you're feeling.

Best,

AntJoan

Guest guest

Hi Petva!

Yep, I left it to the experts to answer your desperate plea, as I'm just as confused as you are! Rest assured though, that many others, myself included, read every letter and send out good supportive thoughts to everyone in need.

- Peta x

Guest guest

Yep - and more supportive thoughts coming atcha from here as well. Although, I suppose it's as well to say so or you won't know about them...

Hello Peta

Got my appointment for the leaky gut test results next Wednesday and will then find out if we're on for the dual diet of the century...

Re: Test results and swelling of foot-pretibial myxedema?

Hi Petva! Yep, I left it to the experts to answer your desperate plea, as I'm just as confused as you are! Rest assured though, that many others, myself included, read every letter and send out good supportive thoughts to everyone in need. - Peta x