RemedySpot.com

Re: how??

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hey, lots of people don't exactly how they got it, doesn't matter to us, were all in the same boat now.

Sex would be the least likely route, I've read < 2% and another article I read said the chance is nill.

How??

Someone asked me how I got Hep C and I'm really not sure. I have a lot of tattoos and I used to do coke years ago. Someone told me you can get it from sharing straws. How about sexually? I'm hearing anywhere from 2% to 15% from sex. Is it that high? I'm not sure how long I've had it.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.441 / Virus Database: 268.18.3/694 - Release Date: 2/20/2007 1:44 PM

I used to drive myself nuts trying to figure out how I got it... in time I have quit fussing about it (as much anyway). Yes, you can get it sexually, although that is extremely unlikely... not sure on statistics but even those vary.

Yes, you can get it from a straw or shared needles. Tattoos where the equipment was not cleaned properly would also do it. In the long run it doesn't matter how you got it, just that you have it.

Llinda

Someone asked me how I got Hep C and I'm really not sure. I have a lot of tattoos and I used to do coke years ago. Someone told me you can get it from sharing straws. How about sexually? I'm hearing anywhere from 2% to 15% from sex. Is it that high? I'm not sure how long I've had it.

Katanyablade, That is a hard question to answer at this time. I'm positive those that have been fighting this longer than I will tell you what they know, and maybe even include Fact Sheets about how it is transferred. I automatically assumed it was my drug usage, and lifelong heavy drinking that did me in. One other thing to note is that I generally blame myself for what ever happened/happens to me in my life. I have finally stopped beating my self up, yes, it could be the aforementioned...but ya' wanna' know something'? It could also be when I had to receive approx 200 shots a month in the head(scalp area) and face (beard area), and they used to use air injector guns, which didn't always make it to the autoclave sterilization device... But of course, I did share needles as a young person, cause I was bullet proof.It happened to others, not me or my

friend..... Maybe I got it when in far off places like Thailand, Afghanistan, India, and had to get BOOSTER vaccine shots, to ensure I wouldn't get sick. Who KNOWS where those needles had been?? When I was growing up, the worst STD was fixable, non- life threatening if treated, so it was a totally different world then...PEACE, LOVE, MUSIC.... I have heard a law may be put be into effect that anyone having a ta-too will no longer be able to donate blood, because there may be a new form that lies dormant just under the skin. Has any one else heard that? I don't want to start a rumor..there are enough already. SEX?? I honestly don't know. I think I'm too logically inclined, and look at the what if's too much, to make any statement on that. HEP C is blood borne, and can only be transmitted from blood to blood,as with a pre-used

needle, or transfusion, and while I think I make some upset for saying this, I still don't understand that if two lovers have tender bleeding gums, and brush their teeth before going to bed, how there can be no blood to blood transmission. Some seem to get upset when I say this. I also don't understand why a mosquito can't give me HIV or HEPC if he got half full on my buddy, with aids, then came and stuck his nosy little needle in me, that I wouldn't get it that way.. I may sound crazy, but I still have not seen a 100% "WE ARE SURE", it can only be transferred these four or five ways. Don't forget, we are instructed to secure our belongings, like toothbrushes, tweezers, razors, etc... so there is LESS chance to infect someone. iF WE NEED TO DO THAT, AFTER A MINUTE AMOUNT OF BLOOD HAS DRIED, AND SOME UNSUSPECTING PERSON GETS A HOLD OF OUR TOOTHBRUSH, THEN WHY CAN'T WE GET IT KISSING,

OR WHAT IS CALLED ROUGH SEX, WHICH I ASSUME REQUIRES HARDHATS AND STEEL TOED BOOTS..... Del katanyablade <katanyablade@...> wrote: Someone asked me how I got Hep C and I'm really not sure. I have a lot of tattoos and I used to do coke years ago. Someone told me you can get it from sharing straws. How about sexually? I'm hearing anywhere from 2% to 15% from sex. Is it that high? I'm not

sure how long I've had it.

Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Thanks for the reply Del I've been told from one doctor that it was 15% chance and form another that it was a 2%chance, but the bottom line is that me and boyfreind aren't being initimate anymore , icluding kissing. It pretty much sucks. He's being there for me in every other way, but he's not comfortable with the rest of it.Del Compton <go_deliman@...> wrote: Katanyablade, That is a hard question to answer at this time. I'm positive those that have been

fighting this longer than I will tell you what they know, and maybe even include Fact Sheets about how it is transferred. I automatically assumed it was my drug usage, and lifelong heavy drinking that did me in. One other thing to note is that I generally blame myself for what ever happened/happens to me in my life. I have finally stopped beating my self up, yes, it could be the aforementioned...but ya' wanna' know something'? It could also be when I had to receive approx 200 shots a month in the head(scalp area) and face (beard area), and they used to use air injector guns, which didn't always make it to the autoclave sterilization device... But of course, I did share needles as a young person, cause I was bullet proof.It happened to others, not me or my friend..... Maybe I got it when in far off places like Thailand, Afghanistan, India, and had to get BOOSTER

vaccine shots, to ensure I wouldn't get sick. Who KNOWS where those needles had been?? When I was growing up, the worst STD was fixable, non- life threatening if treated, so it was a totally different world then...PEACE, LOVE, MUSIC.... I have heard a law may be put be into effect that anyone having a ta-too will no longer be able to donate blood, because there may be a new form that lies dormant just under the skin. Has any one else heard that? I don't want to start a rumor..there are enough already. SEX?? I honestly don't know. I think I'm too logically inclined, and look at the what if's too much, to make any statement on that. HEP C is blood borne, and can only be transmitted from blood to blood,as with a pre-used needle, or transfusion, and while I think I make some upset for saying this, I still don't understand that if two lovers have

tender bleeding gums, and brush their teeth before going to bed, how there can be no blood to blood transmission. Some seem to get upset when I say this. I also don't understand why a mosquito can't give me HIV or HEPC if he got half full on my buddy, with aids, then came and stuck his nosy little needle in me, that I wouldn't get it that way.. I may sound crazy, but I still have not seen a 100% "WE ARE SURE", it can only be transferred these four or five ways. Don't forget, we are instructed to secure our belongings, like toothbrushes, tweezers, razors, etc... so there is LESS chance to infect someone. iF WE NEED TO DO THAT, AFTER A MINUTE AMOUNT OF BLOOD HAS DRIED, AND SOME UNSUSPECTING PERSON GETS A HOLD OF OUR TOOTHBRUSH, THEN WHY CAN'T WE GET IT KISSING, OR WHAT IS CALLED ROUGH SEX, WHICH I ASSUME REQUIRES HARDHATS AND STEEL TOED BOOTS..... Del katanyablade <katanyablade > wrote: Someone asked me how I got Hep C and I'm really not sure. I have a lot of tattoos and I used to do coke years ago. Someone told me you can get it from sharing straws. How about sexually? I'm hearing anywhere from 2% to 15% from sex. Is it that high? I'm not sure how long I've had it. Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go with for Mobile. Get started.

I have been with my husband for 17 yrs and we have never used precautions and he never got it.Hep is a lot harder to get then most viruses.It is hard to get it sexually unless you are jauntice,then they could catch it.Kissing sure won't do it.

Gail

How??

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.441 / Virus Database: 268.18.3/694 - Release Date: 2/20/2007 1:44 PM

The

percentage difference may be because they say monogamous couples have less risk

than people with multiple partners. I assume that this is simply because multiple

partners generally cause more risk for everything. One thing I’ve heard

is to brush your teeth earlier and not immediately before bedtime

(kissing) in case of bleeding gums. I don’t know about anybody

else, but I’d have been too tired for sex when I was on tx.

Snuggling would have been all I was up for. I was EXHAUSTED after work and I was either on the couch or in bed if I

wasn’t at work.

De

Re:

How??

Thanks for the reply Del

I've been told from one doctor that it was 15% chance

and form another that it was a 2%chance, but the bottom line is that me and

boyfreind aren't being initimate anymore , icluding kissing. It pretty much

sucks. He's being there for me in every other way, but he's not comfortable

with the rest of it.

Hi , I'm sorry to hear that all is not well with your relationship. For almost every report saying 'it is' I'm sure someone can find a report saying' it isn't' That's where the very accurate saying came from,' Don't always believe what you read'. It is really good you are being supported in other ways, and that means alot. I do believe it is hard on the non infected to just jump right in and not miss a stroke (no pun).... without taking time for serious thought... because as we all know, HEPC IS Infectious, It does kill people, and leads to many other problems that we talk about such as hurting or not sleeping and weakness, draining fluid or bleeding out or direr and encephalopathy and cirrhosis daily. (Usually) I seriously can't hold it against Simone that is not

mentally retarded (retarded meaning slow) for approaching with extreme care, or abstaining all together. If you have been married to the same person, especially for a long time... that, I think..would be a little different. This would still require a love that is stronger than caring about life it self... or the very real possibility of becoming ill, and even losing it. Sex (and I will tell you right up front, my desire is nowhere on the same scale it used to be ), I keep hoping that it's just that I'm older, don't feel the need to roam the fields as strong, to get what I want. This I believe is a natural transformation to an extent. However, I still think it's disease related as well....mentally and physically. I may be on the "wrong side of the fence" on this, but as much as it would hurt to lose a someone I loved because of this crap, I can openly say

that part of me would be understanding towards them. As I said earlier, if you have been together for 30/40 years, and have truly accepted this person is the one to die with, so to speak, then this is not such an issue, to me... But... if someone is younger, committed but not married, and in the world today even being married falls apart more often than not, it seems, I again, can't say that I blame them for not wanting to play in these high stakes...if they really don't have to. Find a game down the street, or whatever............. Del It does become more acceptable in time.... cindy sieman <katanyablade@...> wrote: Thanks for the reply Del I've been told from one doctor that it was 15% chance and form another that it was a 2%chance, but the bottom line is that me and boyfreind aren't being initimate anymore , icluding kissing. It pretty much sucks. He's being there for me in every other way, but he's not comfortable with the rest of it.Del Compton <go_deliman > wrote: Katanyablade, That is a hard

question to answer at this time. I'm positive those that have been fighting this longer than I will tell you what they know, and maybe even include Fact Sheets about how it is transferred. I automatically assumed it was my drug usage, and lifelong heavy drinking that did me in. One other thing to note is that I generally blame myself for what ever happened/happens to me in my life. I have finally stopped beating my self up, yes, it could be the aforementioned...but ya' wanna' know something'? It could also be when I had to receive approx 200 shots a month in the head(scalp area) and face (beard area), and they used to use air injector guns, which didn't always make it to the autoclave sterilization device... But of course, I did share needles as a young person, cause I was bullet proof.It happened to others, not me or my friend..... Maybe I got it when in far off

places like Thailand, Afghanistan, India, and had to get BOOSTER vaccine shots, to ensure I wouldn't get sick. Who KNOWS where those needles had been?? When I was growing up, the worst STD was fixable, non- life threatening if treated, so it was a totally different world then...PEACE, LOVE, MUSIC.... I have heard a law may be put be into effect that anyone having a ta-too will no longer be able to donate blood, because there may be a new form that lies dormant just under the skin. Has any one else heard that? I don't want to start a rumor..there are enough already. SEX?? I honestly don't know. I think I'm too logically inclined, and look at the what if's too much, to make any statement on that. HEP C is blood borne, and can only be transmitted from blood to blood,as with a pre-used needle, or transfusion, and while I think I make some upset

for saying this, I still don't understand that if two lovers have tender bleeding gums, and brush their teeth before going to bed, how there can be no blood to blood transmission. Some seem to get upset when I say this. I also don't understand why a mosquito can't give me HIV or HEPC if he got half full on my buddy, with aids, then came and stuck his nosy little needle in me, that I wouldn't get it that way.. I may sound crazy, but I still have not seen a 100% "WE ARE SURE", it can only be transferred these four or five ways. Don't forget, we are instructed to secure our belongings, like toothbrushes, tweezers, razors, etc... so there is LESS chance to infect someone. iF WE NEED TO DO THAT, AFTER A MINUTE AMOUNT OF BLOOD HAS DRIED, AND SOME UNSUSPECTING PERSON GETS A HOLD OF OUR TOOTHBRUSH, THEN WHY CAN'T WE GET IT KISSING, OR WHAT IS CALLED ROUGH SEX, WHICH I ASSUME

REQUIRES HARDHATS AND STEEL TOED BOOTS..... Del katanyablade <katanyablade > wrote: Someone asked me how I got Hep C and I'm really not sure. I have a lot of tattoos and I used to do coke years ago. Someone told me you can get it from sharing straws. How about sexually? I'm hearing anywhere from 2% to 15% from sex. Is it that high? I'm not sure how long I've had it. Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates. No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go with for Mobile. Get started.

We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love(and love to hate): TV's Guilty Pleasures list.

Hi, I understand his point of veiw. This is scary stuff. In every other way, he 's there, which is really important. But I gotta admit, the no sex thing makes me feel like I did something dirty. I get my 4th shot tonight, and I really hate the thought of sticking myself again, especially since I've been feeling pretty good the last couple days. Do you lose weight because of the meds or from not wanting to eat?? My appetite hasn't been as good, but I've been doing protien drinks like muscle milk.Del Compton <go_deliman@...> wrote: Hi , I'm sorry to hear that all is not well with your relationship. For almost every report saying 'it is' I'm sure someone can find a report saying' it isn't' That's where the very accurate saying came from,' Don't always believe what you read'. It is really good you are being supported in other ways, and that means alot. I do believe it is hard on the non infected to just jump right in and not miss a stroke (no pun).... without taking time for serious thought... because as we all know, HEPC IS Infectious, It does kill people, and leads to many other problems that we talk about such as hurting or not sleeping and weakness, draining fluid or bleeding out or direr and encephalopathy and cirrhosis daily. (Usually) I seriously can't hold it against Simone that is not mentally retarded (retarded meaning slow) for approaching with extreme care, or abstaining all together. If you have been married to the same person, especially for a long time... that, I think..would be a little different. This would still require a love that is stronger than caring about life it self... or the very real possibility of becoming ill, and even losing it. Sex (and I will tell you right up front, my desire is nowhere on the same scale it used to be ), I keep hoping that it's just that I'm older, don't feel the need to roam the fields as strong, to get what I want. This I believe is a natural transformation to an extent. However, I still think it's disease related as well....mentally and physically. I may be on the "wrong side of the fence" on this, but as much as it would hurt

to lose a someone I loved because of this crap, I can openly say that part of me would be understanding towards them. As I said earlier, if you have been together for 30/40 years, and have truly accepted this person is the one to die with, so to speak, then this is not such an issue, to me... But... if someone is younger, committed but not married, and in the world today even being married falls apart more often than not, it seems, I again, can't say that I blame them for not wanting to play in these high stakes...if they really don't have to. Find a game down the street, or whatever............. Del It does become more acceptable in time.... cindy sieman

<katanyablade > wrote: Thanks for the reply Del I've been told from one doctor that it was 15% chance and form another that it was a 2%chance, but the bottom line is that me and boyfreind aren't being initimate anymore , icluding kissing. It pretty much sucks. He's being there for me in every other way, but he's not comfortable with the rest of it.Del Compton <go_deliman > wrote: Katanyablade, That is a hard question to answer at this time. I'm positive those that have been fighting this longer than I will tell you what they know, and maybe even include Fact Sheets about how it is transferred. I

automatically assumed it was my drug usage, and lifelong heavy drinking that did me in. One other thing to note is that I generally blame myself for what ever happened/happens to me in my life. I have finally stopped beating my self up, yes, it could be the aforementioned...but ya' wanna' know something'? It could also be when I had to receive approx 200 shots a month in the head(scalp area) and face (beard area), and they used to use air injector guns, which didn't always make it to the autoclave sterilization device... But of course, I did share needles as a young person, cause I was bullet proof.It happened to others, not me or my friend..... Maybe I got it when in far off places like Thailand, Afghanistan, India, and had to get BOOSTER vaccine shots, to ensure I wouldn't get sick. Who KNOWS where those needles had been?? When I was

growing up, the worst STD was fixable, non- life threatening if treated, so it was a totally different world then...PEACE, LOVE, MUSIC.... I have heard a law may be put be into effect that anyone having a ta-too will no longer be able to donate blood, because there may be a new form that lies dormant just under the skin. Has any one else heard that? I don't want to start a rumor..there are enough already. SEX?? I honestly don't know. I think I'm too logically inclined, and look at the what if's too much, to make any statement on that. HEP C is blood borne, and can only be transmitted from blood to blood,as with a pre-used needle, or transfusion, and while I think I make some upset for saying this, I still don't understand that if two lovers have tender bleeding gums, and brush their teeth before going to bed, how there can be no blood to blood transmission. Some

seem to get upset when I say this. I also don't understand why a mosquito can't give me HIV or HEPC if he got half full on my buddy, with aids, then came and stuck his nosy little needle in me, that I wouldn't get it that way.. I may sound crazy, but I still have not seen a 100% "WE ARE SURE", it can only be transferred these four or five ways. Don't forget, we are instructed to secure our belongings, like toothbrushes, tweezers, razors, etc... so there is LESS chance to infect someone. iF WE NEED TO DO THAT, AFTER A MINUTE AMOUNT OF BLOOD HAS DRIED, AND SOME UNSUSPECTING PERSON GETS A HOLD OF OUR TOOTHBRUSH, THEN WHY CAN'T WE GET IT KISSING, OR WHAT IS CALLED ROUGH SEX, WHICH I ASSUME REQUIRES HARDHATS AND STEEL TOED BOOTS..... Del katanyablade

<katanyablade > wrote: Someone asked me how I got Hep C and I'm really not sure. I have a lot of tattoos and I used to do coke years ago. Someone told me you can get it from sharing straws. How about sexually? I'm hearing anywhere from 2% to 15% from sex. Is it that high? I'm not sure how long I've had it. Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates. No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go with for

Mobile. Get started. We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love(and love to hate): TV's Guilty Pleasures list.

Everyone is raving about the all-new beta.

It's a blood born disease & there has to be blood to blood contact from everything I've read. It can be transmitted sexually but only rough sex where someone bleeds - including menstrual blood so not during your period ladies. It is also transmitted through tattoos, blood products, sharing cocaie straws etc. SuZiegail <gaila@...> wrote: I have been with my husband for 17 yrs and we have never used precautions and he never got it.Hep is a lot harder to get then most viruses.It is hard to get it sexually unless you are jauntice,then they could catch it.Kissing sure won't do it. Gail How?? Someone asked me how I got Hep C and I'm really not sure. I have a lot of tattoos and I used to do coke years ago. Someone told me you can get it from sharing straws. How about sexually? I'm hearing anywhere from 2% to 15% from sex. Is it that high? I'm not sure how long I've had it. No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.441 / Virus Database: 268.18.3/694 - Release Date: 2/20/2007 1:44 PM

Next time I'm coming back as a cat

You

lose weight because the meds take away your appetite. Wish I’d had that

side effect. If you can’t eat, drink Ensure or something like you’re

doing and DRINK LOTS OF WATER.

De

Re:

How??

Hi,

I understand his point of veiw. This is scary stuff.

In every other way, he 's there, which is really important. But I gotta admit,

the no sex thing makes me feel like I did something dirty. I get my 4th

shot tonight, and I really hate the thought of sticking myself again,

especially since I've been feeling pretty good the last couple days.

Do you lose weight because of the meds or from not

wanting to eat?? My appetite hasn't been as good, but I've been doing protien

drinks like muscle milk.

I'm drinking soooo much water , I feel like a camel. I'm always thristy. Always!! Which means I always gotta pee...in the middle of class...twice during a movie...etc... Motley <dmotley@...> wrote: You lose weight because the meds take away your appetite. Wish I’d had that side effect. If you

can’t eat, drink Ensure or something like you’re doing and DRINK LOTS OF WATER. De -----Original Message-----From: Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies ] On Behalf Of cindy siemanSent: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 12:27 PMHepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies Subject: Re: How?? Hi, I understand his point of veiw. This is scary stuff. In every other way, he 's there, which is really important. But I gotta admit, the no sex thing makes me feel like I did something dirty. I get my 4th shot tonight, and I really hate the thought of sticking myself again, especially since

I've been feeling pretty good the last couple days. Do you lose weight because of the meds or from not wanting to eat?? My appetite hasn't been as good, but I've been doing protien drinks like muscle milk.

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Small Business.

Some people loose weight and some gain weight from treatment.I lost a lot of weight,but treatment made my stomach so sick that if I had a few minutes where my stomach settled down enough to eat then I would.I also drank ensure when my stomach was upset and it helped to settle it.

Gail

Re: How??

Hi,

I understand his point of veiw. This is scary stuff. In every other way, he 's there, which is really important. But I gotta admit, the no sex thing makes me feel like I did something dirty. I get my 4th shot tonight, and I really hate the thought of sticking myself again, especially since I've been feeling pretty good the last couple days.

Do you lose weight because of the meds or from not wanting to eat?? My appetite hasn't been as good, but I've been doing protien drinks like muscle milk.Del Compton <go_deliman@...> wrote:

Hi ,

I'm sorry to hear that all is not well with your relationship.

For almost every report saying 'it is' I'm sure someone can find a report saying' it isn't'

That's where the very accurate saying came from,' Don't always believe what you read'.

It is really good you are being supported in other ways, and that means alot. I do believe it is hard on the non infected to just jump right in and not miss a stroke (no pun).... without taking time for serious thought... because as we all know, HEPC IS Infectious, It does kill people, and leads to many other problems that we talk about such as hurting or not sleeping and weakness, draining fluid or bleeding out or direr and encephalopathy and cirrhosis daily. (Usually)

I seriously can't hold it against Simone that is not mentally retarded (retarded meaning slow) for approaching with extreme care, or abstaining all together. If you have been married to the same person, especially for a long time... that, I think..would be a little different. This would still require a love that is stronger than caring about life it self... or the very real possibility of becoming ill, and even losing it.

Sex (and I will tell you right up front, my desire is nowhere on the same scale it used to be ), I keep hoping that it's just that I'm older, don't feel the need to roam the fields as strong, to get what I want. This I believe is a natural transformation to an extent. However, I still think it's disease related as well....mentally and physically.

I may be on the "wrong side of the fence" on this, but as much as it would hurt to lose a someone I loved because of this crap, I can openly say that part of me would be understanding towards them.

As I said earlier, if you have been together for 30/40 years, and have truly accepted this person is the one to die with, so to speak, then this is not such an issue, to me... But... if someone is younger, committed but not married, and in the world today even being married falls apart more often than not, it seems, I again, can't say that I blame them for not wanting to play in these high stakes...if they really don't have to. Find a game down the street, or whatever.............

Del

It does become more acceptable in time....

cindy sieman <katanyablade > wrote:

Thanks for the reply Del

I've been told from one doctor that it was 15% chance and form another that it was a 2%chance, but the bottom line is that me and boyfreind aren't being initimate anymore , icluding kissing. It pretty much sucks. He's being there for me in every other way, but he's not comfortable with the rest of it.Del Compton <go_deliman > wrote:

Katanyablade,

That is a hard question to answer at this time. I'm positive those that have been fighting this longer than I will tell you what they know, and maybe even include Fact Sheets about how it is transferred.

I automatically assumed it was my drug usage, and lifelong heavy drinking that did me in.

One other thing to note is that I generally blame myself for what ever happened/happens to me in my life.

I have finally stopped beating my self up, yes, it could be the aforementioned...but ya' wanna' know something'?

It could also be when I had to receive approx 200 shots a month in the head(scalp area) and face (beard area), and they used to use air injector guns, which didn't always make it to the autoclave sterilization device...

But of course, I did share needles as a young person, cause I was bullet proof.It happened to others, not me or my friend.....

Maybe I got it when in far off places like Thailand, Afghanistan, India, and had to get BOOSTER vaccine shots, to ensure I wouldn't get sick. Who KNOWS where those needles had been??

When I was growing up, the worst STD was fixable, non- life threatening if treated, so it was a totally different world then...PEACE, LOVE, MUSIC....

I have heard a law may be put be into effect that anyone having a ta-too will no longer be able to donate blood, because there may be a new form that lies dormant just under the skin. Has any one else heard that? I don't want to start a rumor..there are enough already.

SEX?? I honestly don't know. I think I'm too logically inclined, and look at the what if's too much, to make any statement on that. HEP C is blood borne, and can only be transmitted from blood to blood,as with a pre-used needle, or transfusion, and while I think I make some upset for saying this, I still don't understand that if two lovers have tender bleeding gums, and brush their teeth before going to bed, how there can be no blood to blood transmission.

Some seem to get upset when I say this. I also don't understand why a mosquito can't give me HIV or HEPC if he got half full on my buddy, with aids, then came and stuck his nosy little needle in me, that I wouldn't get it that way..

I may sound crazy, but I still have not seen a 100% "WE ARE SURE", it can only be transferred these four or five ways.

Don't forget, we are instructed to secure our belongings, like toothbrushes, tweezers, razors, etc... so there is LESS chance to infect someone. iF WE NEED TO DO THAT, AFTER A MINUTE AMOUNT OF BLOOD HAS DRIED, AND SOME UNSUSPECTING PERSON GETS A HOLD OF OUR TOOTHBRUSH, THEN WHY CAN'T WE GET IT KISSING, OR WHAT IS CALLED ROUGH SEX, WHICH I ASSUME REQUIRES HARDHATS AND STEEL TOED BOOTS.....

Del

katanyablade <katanyablade > wrote:

Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go with for Mobile. Get started.

We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love(and love to hate): TV's Guilty Pleasures list.

Everyone is raving about the all-new beta.

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

I been where you are now. Sweetie, You feel as the Dr's do not listen.

What I did when was going through this stage....... When I carried her to the Dr mostly in the early afternoon they did me the same way. Wanted to know what the pain scale was and yak yak. I finally devided to carry into the ER everytime she started hurting. This way there's Documented information that at least another Dr sees her pain. Sees the swelling and how she acted.

I was told to contact her regular Dr the next day. lolol Oh I did that and was told to bring her in. Again same thing going on. When we would go home and she would start hurting. Back to the ER we would go.

Labs were taken each time also. Labs were taken at the Dr's office as well. Xrays were to.

The ER Dr's would ask who her regular Dr was and they would call her or him and let them know I was back with . lolololol.

When asked why I bring her to the ER like that I said well when I give her the med's the regular dr gives her and they do not work then the only thing I know to do is get her help and Y'all are here to help her. I have been at ER's all night long with her and would do it again if needed.

I did tell one ER Dr that I was not taking her home til her pain was gone. lololol...... I was pushing the Dr's no matter what kind seen her for help. When Med's do not help the only way to go is by going to the ER. They Document BP and vitals and can document the way the child is doing. What was given to ease pain then they can talk with the Dr as well.

We were at the ER more times than I can count. But there's Records stating each time she was there. Her records now are 4 inches thick and there's 4 folders on her so a total of 16 inches of nothing but records on her from 1 Doctor now. Not counting the Specialists she seen.

Keep on them. I have called her Rhuemy and Primary Dr at home and had them listen to her at 2am in the morning. So if you do have their number call them. If not call the Office and speak with the Answering service and let them know you need to talk with the Dr on call. They will call you back most times.

DO your own Documents by measuring her joint's around the joint's. Also if you have a Camera take picture's of the Joint and any rashes you see. Take these with you on appointments. If you have a Video Camera then video tape the child to take with you as well. Always keep a copy for yourself. Be sure to date and see what time it is as well.

Get a notebook and write down each day what the child is doing. Bumbard the Dr with information on your child. Video taping a child in pain is reality for those Dr's. As you mentioned Dr's do not see the child in the morning so this way they can SEE it.

RobbinWondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family favorites at AOL Food.

Guest guest

I am sorry to read what you are going through. I know that it is tough, and us as parents wish that we could do something to take the pain from our little ones. I will keep you and your daughter in my thougths and prayers, as the doctors figure out exactly what is going on with her. However, maybe you could take some video, or pictures, if there is major swelling, to show them. That way they would see exactly what you see. It never fails that when you take sick kid to the doctor, that they all of a sudden, they don't have that cough anymore..... Just as she is not in pain when she goes to her appts, but it is the morning and night that brings great pain for her.

Does your daughter see a pediatric rheumatologist? I ask because, this sounds like what we went through, 5 yrs ago, when the pediatrician was trying to figure out what was wrong with my daughter. They sent us to a childrens hospital in Milwakuee, WI, to see a surgeon. He was scheduling her for surgery when he noticed something wasn't right. Thank Goodness! He referred us over to the ped. rheumy, and they have never had any doubt in their mind, what she had....and was able to give her differnent meds, that would help her be pain free, for the most part.

I sure hope that they can figure it out, and figure it out quickly!

Helen

(mom to nne, 9, poly jra)

how??

How is it that we are suppose to sit here and let our children be in pain, and all you hear is it could be worse. Abi has been in pain almost everyday since Jan. and no one seems to care. You see the doctors and of corse they never see your child first thing in the morning when they are at their worst, or every night when they can barley walk and are crying their eyes out for you to help them. I am at my witts end. I do not know how to cope with the fact that my little girl is in so much pain. The doctors just want to wait and see. In the mean time it doesn't matter how many more joints become inflamed??? Does it matter that the arthritis is spreading like a wild fire through out her body?? Every other week another joint becomes inflamed and swollen?? I know that there is a process that the Drs have to go through but is it right that my child has to suffer until they can figure out

what they want to do?? How......... how are we as parents suppose to be able to hold it together enough to be able to take care of our children that are in so much pain? I am about to blow my lid with all these drs and tests dag on lets start getting these children better...... I am sorry to explode like this but noone here seems to understand. I am just suppose to be happy that this is all that my child has and "not some life threating illness." I ma thankfull for that but i am just so lost right now. I just feel so alone has anyone else felt like this before??

gina and ABI 3 poly??? systemic???

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

I'm so sorry you have to go through this and yes, I know how you feel. It just seems so incredibly unfair. I don't think angry is even accurate in the description. It is devistating to watch your child suffer and I am so sorry you are doing just that. You know your child needs help and you just feel helpless trying to figure out how to get it! I broke down in a puddle of sobs and tears when someone finally showed a little compasion over the phone and helped me get an appointment during our first months of the disease after being told endless times that we would have to wait. I hope and pray that things turn around for you and your precious girl very soon. Maybe, just maybe, the answer for you may be to seek out a different doctor who is willing to hear you and has your daughter's comfort as their goal. I know that isn't always possible with such a shortage of specialists but you have to wonder how long

is too long to wait. You are not alone and I hope that you soon experience the joy of watching your child run and jump without pain. Those are tears of joy and I pray you will see it soon.

how??

How is it that we are suppose to sit here and let our children be in pain, and all you hear is it could be worse. Abi has been in pain almost everyday since Jan. and no one seems to care. You see the doctors and of corse they never see your child first thing in the morning when they are at their worst, or every night when they can barley walk and are crying their eyes out for you to help them. I am at my witts end. I do not know how to cope with the fact that my little girl is in so much pain. The doctors just want to wait and see. In the mean time it doesn't matter how many more joints become inflamed??? Does it matter that the arthritis is spreading like a wild fire through out her body?? Every other week another joint becomes inflamed and swollen?? I know that there is a process that the Drs have to go through but is it right that my child has to suffer until they can figure out

what they want to do?? How......... how are we as parents suppose to be able to hold it together enough to be able to take care of our children that are in so much pain? I am about to blow my lid with all these drs and tests dag on lets start getting these children better...... I am sorry to explode like this but noone here seems to understand. I am just suppose to be happy that this is all that my child has and "not some life threating illness." I ma thankfull for that but i am just so lost right now. I just feel so alone has anyone else felt like this before??

Guest guest

,I do believe I understand how frustrated and upset you are - my daughter was one that was difficult to diagnosis, now has three autoimmune diseases, and likely a fourth, but treatment cannot begin for it until they figure out the "why"...so, she has to endure. It was 18 months of her rheumy dragging her feet...what I did do, was take notes on my daughter's symptoms each day, and give a copy to the rheumy at each visit. I did my "homework" so I could politely challenge the dr with intelligent questions when she stalled or dragged her feet...it took about a year of frustration before I began to do this, unfortunately, but I believe it was communicating with people on this group that gave me the strength and insight to do this. It must be especially difficult with one so young, as the little ones need more of your individual time, but if you can at least keep a daily journal, if you haven't already. I know it is beyond frustrating - and you

are so right - these doctors do not understand what it is like to watch our children in constant pain only to feel helpless to fix it. As far as holding it together, sometimes we cannot - but we hold it together for our children, and let the tears flow when they are tucked in their beds....or come here and vent, as here, every one of these parents have shared some level of the frustration and sadness you are feeling. As far as the comments, "at least it is not life-threatening..." those individuals are just ignorant.... it doesn't make their pain any less...so, just like the docs who don't understand the suffering of constant pain these kids feel, the people who make those comments may be "correct" but they don't get it either.How long have you been going through this process with Abi? Would it be possible for you to take her elsewhere for another

opinion, or have you done that? Are they treating her at all?You don't need to apologize for sharing your feelings here...I'm sorry Abi is having such a rough go of it. I hope you get some answers for Abi very soon. I hope too, that you will feel comfortable coming here for encouragement and support. (, 17, poly, cvid, Hashimotos)gina zimmerman <gzimmerman76@...> wrote: How is it that we are suppose to sit here and let our children be in pain, and all you hear is it could be

worse. Abi has been in pain almost everyday since Jan. and no one seems to care. You see the doctors and of corse they never see your child first thing in the morning when they are at their worst, or every night when they can barley walk and are crying their eyes out for you to help them. I am at my witts end. I do not know how to cope with the fact that my little girl is in so much pain. The doctors just want to wait and see. In the mean time it doesn't matter how many more joints become inflamed??? Does it matter that the arthritis is spreading like a wild fire through out her body?? Every other week another joint becomes inflamed and swollen?? I know that there is a process that the Drs have to go through but is it right that my child has to suffer until they can figure out what they want to do?? How......... how are we as parents suppose to be able to hold it together enough to be able to

take care of our children that are in so much pain? I am about to blow my lid with all these drs and tests dag on lets start getting these children better......I am sorry to explode like this but noone here seems to understand. I am just suppose to be happy that this is all that my child has and "not some life threating illness." I ma thankfull for that but i am just so lost right now. I just feel so alone has anyone else felt like this before?? gina and ABI 3 poly??? systemic??? Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

It is so good to know that I am not the only one who feels incredibly frustrated. We have been going through this process for 8 long months. They say give her motrin i find that the motrin is not working as good. Ahe is running these fevers and starting to get rashes on her legs and chest. We have had her joints injected and it made a difference for about a week then she began to hurt again. She tried to take napsosyn and just threw up everytime she took it. She has a ped rheumy but he is 3 hours away and that is the closest one. He is the one who has suggested everything that we have done. We have now stared methotreate inj. She had her first one on friday. The one thing i can not understand is why the will not put her on pred. so she will feel a little better. They have talked about it for months but have not acted on it yet. Do they think they we make up how bad our children

feel? I know what it is like to have autoimmune diseases because I have psoriasis and crohns but they can give us meds for pain bit why not the little ones??? I am so sorry to hear that your daughter has many autoimmune diseases. I wish that there was just something that we could do for all these children. What meds has she been on?? Any ones in particular that have helped woth the pain?? Thank you for talking to me. It is sooooo good to know that you can comprehend how it feels ginanancy barnes <nancyb315@...> wrote: ,I do believe I understand how frustrated and upset you are - my daughter was one that was difficult to diagnosis, now has three autoimmune diseases, and likely a fourth, but treatment cannot begin for it until they figure out the "why"...so, she has to endure. It was 18 months of her rheumy dragging her feet...what I did do, was take notes on my daughter's symptoms each day, and give a copy to the rheumy at each visit. I did my "homework" so I could politely challenge the dr with intelligent questions when she stalled or dragged her feet...it took about a year of frustration before I began to do this, unfortunately, but I believe it was communicating with people on this group that gave me the strength and insight to do this. It must be especially difficult with one so young, as the little ones need more of your individual time, but if you can at

least keep a daily journal, if you haven't already. I know it is beyond frustrating - and you are so right - these doctors do not understand what it is like to watch our children in constant pain only to feel helpless to fix it. As far as holding it together, sometimes we cannot - but we hold it together for our children, and let the tears flow when they are tucked in their beds....or come here and vent, as here, every one of these parents have shared some level of the frustration and sadness you are feeling. As far as the comments, "at least it is not life-threatening..." those individuals are just ignorant.... it doesn't make their pain any less...so, just like the docs who don't understand the suffering of constant pain these kids feel, the people who make those comments may be "correct" but they don't get it either.How long have you been

going through this process with Abi? Would it be possible for you to take her elsewhere for another opinion, or have you done that? Are they treating her at all?You don't need to apologize for sharing your feelings here...I'm sorry Abi is having such a rough go of it. I hope you get some answers for Abi very soon. I hope too, that you will feel comfortable coming here for encouragement and support. (, 17, poly, cvid, Hashimotos)gina zimmerman <gzimmerman76 > wrote: How is it that we are suppose to sit here and let our children be in pain, and all you hear is it could be worse. Abi has been in pain almost everyday since Jan. and no one seems to care. You see the doctors and of corse they never see your child first thing in the morning when they are

at their worst, or every night when they can barley walk and are crying their eyes out for you to help them. I am at my witts end. I do not know how to cope with the fact that my little girl is in so much pain. The doctors just want to wait and see. In the mean time it doesn't matter how many more joints become inflamed??? Does it matter that the arthritis is spreading like a wild fire through out her body?? Every other week another joint becomes inflamed and swollen?? I know that there is a process that the Drs have to go through but is it right that my child has to suffer until they can figure out what they want to do?? How......... how are we as parents suppose to be able to hold it together enough to be able to take care of our children that are in so much pain? I am about to blow my lid with all these drs and tests dag on lets start getting these children better......I

am sorry to explode like this but noone here seems to understand. I am just suppose to be happy that this is all that my child has and "not some life threating illness." I ma thankfull for that but i am just so lost right now. I just feel so alone has anyone else felt like this before?? gina and ABI 3 poly??? systemic??? Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

, {hugs}!

It is exactly the same around the world. We want answers NOW and the

doctors don't have them. Or we want the pain to stop NOW and the

drugs take time.

It is indeed heartbreaking that the first and last time you see your

child in a day, is when they are in such pain and fatigue.

Someone suggested photos or video even, to take to the doctors and

make them see what we see. But they still won't feel what we feel.

Yes, it could be worse. But godammit, why can't it be a whole lot

better?

Jo

Bayly, 6, extended oligo

>

> How is it that we are suppose to sit here and let our children be

in pain, and all you hear is it could be worse. Abi has been in pain

almost everyday since Jan. and no one seems to care. You see the

doctors and of corse they never see your child first thing in the

morning when they are at their worst, or every night when they can

barley walk and are crying their eyes out for you to help them. I am

at my witts end. I do not know how to cope with the fact that my

little girl is in so much pain. The doctors just want to wait and

see. In the mean time it doesn't matter how many more joints become

inflamed??? Does it matter that the arthritis is spreading like a

wild fire through out her body?? Every other week another joint

becomes inflamed and swollen?? I know that there is a process that

the Drs have to go through but is it right that my child has to

suffer until they can figure out what they want to do??

How......... how are we as parents suppose to be able to

> hold it together enough to be able to take care of our children

that are in so much pain? I am about to blow my lid with all these

drs and tests dag on lets start getting these children

better......I am sorry to explode like this but noone here seems to

understand. I am just suppose to be happy that this is all that my

child has and " not some life threating illness. " I ma thankfull for

that but i am just so lost right now. I just feel so alone has

anyone else felt like this before??

> > > gina and ABI 3 poly??? systemic???

Guest guest

:

You are absolutely not alone! Hannah has been in daily pain for over 2 years and we have never really been given a diagnosis. Hannah has several issues that she battles on a daily basis and I believe all of them combined are a hindrance in any real diagnosis. Yes, I hate seeing her in pain, but she is the most amazing young lady I know because of all she endures. Hannah is only on Motrin and a low dose of Tramadol for pain and we are currently seeing a PT and will start OT once school is out.

My best advice, is not to give up, get 2nd, 3rd, 4th opinions if needed. We are currently trying to decide our next step and will make a decision on what to do next after we attend the conference in California. Hang in there and feel free to vent here any time. We can all relate and have all been in your shoes. Hugs!!!!

Beth & Hannah, 11, unspecified arthritis w/hypermobility; asthma; gerd; migraines

Sending prayers & happy thoughts,

Beth :-)

Re: how??

It is so good to know that I am not the only one who feels incredibly frustrated. We have been going through this process for 8 long months. They say give her motrin i find that the motrin is not working as good. Ahe is running these fevers and starting to get rashes on her legs and chest. We have had her joints injected and it made a difference for about a week then she began to hurt again. She tried to take napsosyn and just threw up everytime she took it. She has a ped rheumy but he is 3 hours away and that is the closest one. He is the one who has suggested everything that we have done. We have now stared methotreate inj. She had her first one on friday. The one thing i can not understand is why the will not put her on pred. so she will feel a little better. They have talked about it for months but have not acted on it yet. Do they think they we make up how

bad our children feel? I know what it is like to have autoimmune diseases because I have psoriasis and crohns but they can give us meds for pain bit why not the little ones???

I am so sorry to hear that your daughter has many autoimmune diseases. I wish that there was just something that we could do for all these children. What meds has she been on?? Any ones in particular that have helped woth the pain?? Thank you for talking to me. It is sooooo good to know that you can comprehend how it feels

ginanancy barnes <nancyb315 (DOT) com> wrote:

,I do believe I understand how frustrated and upset you are - my daughter was one that was difficult to diagnosis, now has three autoimmune diseases, and likely a fourth, but treatment cannot begin for it until they figure out the "why"...so, she has to endure. It was 18 months of her rheumy dragging her feet...what I did do, was take notes on my daughter's symptoms each day, and give a copy to the rheumy at each visit. I did my "homework" so I could politely challenge the dr with intelligent questions when she stalled or dragged her feet...it took about a year of frustration before I began to do this, unfortunately, but I believe it was communicating with people on this group that gave me the strength and insight to do this. It must be especially difficult with one so young, as the little ones need more of your individual time, but if you can at least keep a daily journal, if you haven't already. I know it is

beyond frustrating - and you are so right - these doctors do not understand what it is like to watch our children in constant pain only to feel helpless to fix it. As far as holding it together, sometimes we cannot - but we hold it together for our children, and let the tears flow when they are tucked in their beds....or come here and vent, as here, every one of these parents have shared some level of the frustration and sadness you are feeling. As far as the comments, "at least it is not life-threatening. .." those individuals are just ignorant.... it doesn't make their pain any less...so, just like the docs who don't understand the suffering of constant pain these kids feel, the people who make those comments may be "correct" but they don't get it either.How long have you been going through this process with Abi? Would it be

possible for you to take her elsewhere for another opinion, or have you done that? Are they treating her at all?You don't need to apologize for sharing your feelings here...I'm sorry Abi is having such a rough go of it. I hope you get some answers for Abi very soon. I hope too, that you will feel comfortable coming here for encouragement and support. (, 17, poly, cvid, Hashimotos)gina zimmerman <gzimmerman76> wrote:

Guest guest

I know how you feel. I think the answer is that you have to be very

vocal with the doctors. My daughter has systemic and has been

complaining about her hips, ankle, shoulder and wrist. After every

physical examination her doctor says " well, the physical exam looks

good only her hips seem to be affected. " I want to scream " WHAT

didn't you just hear her tell you her ankle, shoulder and wrist hurt

also. " It is very frustrating. I am ready to speak up at her next

appointment and say " no it is more than just hips.... " It helps that

's lab results are not normal either.

We also were just talking tonight about how cries for 15

mminutes each morning and 30 minutes every night. She has always

been bad at the end of the day when she is flaring. I think you are

the first one that also says that the end of the day is bad. They

used to tell us " well that really doesn't go along with JRA, usually

it is worse in the morning. " IT is what it is, and they aren't

inside her body.

Knowing what I know now, I would never let her be in as much pain as

she was when she first got sick. I would demand steroids. AS bad as

the side effects can be, life was really terrible when she first got

sick. Her pain was overwhelming and she kept going downhill until we

found a medicine combo that worked. Since then, things have never

been as bad as they were in the beginning.

I used to think I had to wait for the next appt. If your daughter's

pain is too much, call the doctor. Even if it is just to report it.

Take care, and I hope your little one feels better soon.

Sophie

s mom, systemic jra, age 7

>

>

>

> gina and ABI 3 poly??? systemic???

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile.

Try it now.

>

Guest guest

Hugs, ! We do know how you feel. We

have all felt that way. I still feel that way when I watch my son limping in

the morning.

Give the MTX time to work. Your dr is

being aggressive with adding that med. It took my son a month of mtx before he

began to see improvement, and some kids take longer. I know the pred might make

her feel better, but it is such a powerful med the dr might want to avoid it at

this time if possible. If you really want to use it short term, discuss it with

your rheumy. Call him and talk. He should have some time when he is able to

address your concerns, especially since you are so far away. Some drs even do

email now, maybe that would be an option?

As for people saying you should be happy –

UGH! They do not understand that this disease affects their quality of life,

that there are certain things that can happen that can threaten their lives

(for example, MAS macrophage activation syndrome, which we should all be aware

of the symptoms of as you must act quickly if that occurs) and side effects

from meds that can cause problems. What about the little ones threatened with

blindness? Or Crohn’s?

Above all, make sure you are comfortable

with the dr. You should feel that he has your child’s best interests at

heart. You should believe that he too wants your daughter pain free, then in

remission. That is the first thing my son’s first rheumy said. Her goal

was to get him pain free, and then we went after the disease. It took time but

he was pain free for quite awhile (his choice was to go off meds for a time,

that’s another story). If you do not believe he feels this way, then

another opinion may be in order.

This is what is so great about the list –

a safe place to vent with people who get it. Michele ( 21, spondy)

Sent: Monday, May 12, 2008 7:19 PM

Subject: Re: how??

It is so good to know that I am not the only one who feels incredibly

frustrated. We have been going through this process for 8 long

months. They say give her motrin i find that the motrin is

not working as good. Ahe is running these fevers and starting to get

rashes on her legs and chest. We have had her joints injected and it made

a difference for about a week then she began to hurt again. She tried to

take napsosyn and just threw up everytime she took it. She has a

ped rheumy but he is 3 hours away and that is the closest one. He is the

one who has suggested everything that we have done. We have now stared

methotreate inj. She had her first one on friday. The one thing i

can not understand is why the will not put her on pred. so she will feel a

little better. They have talked about it for months but have not acted on

it yet. Do they think they we make up how bad our children feel? I

know what it is like to have autoimmune diseases because I have psoriasis and

crohns but they can give us meds for pain bit why not the little ones???

I am so sorry to hear that your daughter has many autoimmune

diseases. I wish that there was just something that we could do for

all these children. What meds has she been on?? Any ones in

particular that have helped woth the pain?? Thank you for talking

to me. It is sooooo good to know that you can comprehend how it feels

gina

nancy barnes <nancyb315 >

wrote:

I do believe I understand how frustrated and upset you are - my daughter was

one that was difficult to diagnosis, now has three autoimmune diseases, and

likely a fourth, but treatment cannot begin for it until they figure out the

" why " ...so, she has to endure. It was 18 months of her rheumy

dragging her feet...what I did do, was take notes on my daughter's symptoms

each day, and give a copy to the rheumy at each visit. I did my

" homework " so I could politely challenge the dr with intelligent

questions when she stalled or dragged her feet...it took about a year of

frustration before I began to do this, unfortunately, but I believe it was

communicating with people on this group that gave me the strength and insight

to do this. It must be especially difficult with one so young, as the

little ones need more of your individual time, but if you can at least keep a

daily journal, if you haven't already. I know it is beyond frustrating -

and you are so right - these doctors do not understand what it is like to watch

our children in constant pain only to feel helpless to fix it. As far as

holding it together, sometimes we cannot - but we hold it together for our

children, and let the tears flow when they are tucked in their beds....or come

here and vent, as here, every one of these parents have shared some level of

the frustration and sadness you are feeling. As far as the comments,

" at least it is not life-threatening... " those individuals

are just ignorant.... it doesn't make their pain any less...so, just like the

docs who don't understand the suffering of constant pain these kids feel, the

people who make those comments may be " correct " but they don't get it either.

How long have you been going through this process with Abi? Would it be

possible for you to take her elsewhere for another opinion, or have you done

that? Are they treating her at all?

You don't need to apologize for sharing your feelings here...I'm sorry Abi is

having such a rough go of it. I hope you get some answers for Abi

very soon. I hope too, that you will feel comfortable coming here for

encouragement and support.

(, 17, poly, cvid, Hashimotos)

gina zimmerman

<gzimmerman76 > wrote:

How is it that we are suppose to sit here and let our children be in

pain, and all you hear is it could be worse. Abi has been in pain almost

everyday since Jan. and no one seems to care. You see the doctors

and of corse they never see your child first thing in the morning when they are

at their worst, or every night when they can barley walk and are crying their

eyes out for you to help them. I am at my witts end. I do not know

how to cope with the fact that my little girl is in so much pain. The

doctors just want to wait and see. In the mean time it doesn't matter how

many more joints become inflamed??? Does it matter that the arthritis is

spreading like a wild fire through out her body?? Every other

week another joint becomes inflamed and swollen?? I know that there

is a process that the Drs have to go through but is it right that my child has

to suffer until they can figure out what they want to do??

How......... how are we as parents suppose to be able to hold it together

enough to be able to take care of our children that are in so much

pain? I am about to blow my lid with all these drs and

tests dag on lets start getting these children

understand. I am just suppose to be happy that this is all that my child

has and " not some life threating illness. " I ma thankfull for

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try

it now.

it now.

it now.

Guest guest

Hi ,

I feel for you all. I was crying and nodding in agreement while

reading your post. I totally understand your frustration. Let it out

girl....AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! The ups and downs of these disseases suck, and

make it so hard to get the right combo of meds. Hang in there girl,

easier days are near :).

Best wishes,

Lani & (Poly)

> >

> > How is it that we are suppose to sit here and let our children be

> in pain, and all you hear is it could be worse. Abi has been in pain

> almost everyday since Jan. and no one seems to care. You see the

> doctors and of corse they never see your child first thing in the

> morning when they are at their worst, or every night when they can

> barley walk and are crying their eyes out for you to help them. I am

> at my witts end. I do not know how to cope with the fact that my

> little girl is in so much pain. The doctors just want to wait and

> see. In the mean time it doesn't matter how many more joints become

> inflamed??? Does it matter that the arthritis is spreading like a

> wild fire through out her body?? Every other week another joint

> becomes inflamed and swollen?? I know that there is a process that

> the Drs have to go through but is it right that my child has to

> suffer until they can figure out what they want to do??

> How......... how are we as parents suppose to be able to

> > hold it together enough to be able to take care of our children

> that are in so much pain? I am about to blow my lid with all these

> drs and tests dag on lets start getting these children

> better......I am sorry to explode like this but noone here seems to

> understand. I am just suppose to be happy that this is all that my

> child has and " not some life threating illness. " I ma thankfull for

> that but i am just so lost right now. I just feel so alone has

> anyone else felt like this before??

> > > > gina and ABI 3 poly??? systemic???

>

Guest guest

,sorry - I am terribly behind on e-mails and posts. Sounds like it has been a tough week for you. I read your post, and Misty's response about your doc wanting to do a bone marrow testing before starting Abi on pred...I am not familiar with this before pred, so I don't know what his reasoning would be. Is he questioning if she has another or additional illness? I do know that it generally takes 4-8 weeks for mtx to work. You asked what meds my daughter has been on and what has helped with the pain...she has tried most all of the anti-inflammatory meds, and now tolerates Celebrex with stomach meds. but none helped her pain. She took mtx injections for 9 months and her rheumy stopped it...it helped her swelling some, at a high dose, but not her pain. The wonder drug for has been Enbrel...it has reduced her pain by 50% and enabled her to be more active. I don't think your doc disbelieves you about Abi's

pain, but as I said, I do believe they have a difficult time understanding our position as a parent watching our children in such pain. This disease is so unkind and sometimes I think the docs just aren't sure about one thing or another... Do you feel confident with Abi's ped rheumy? I wish I had more encouragement to offer you - but I wanted you to know Let us know if she is going to have the bone marrow testing. I hear your fears and frustration, and I hope Abi gets some relief from her pain soon. (, 17, poly, cvid, Hashimoto's, ai) gina zimmerman <gzimmerman76@...> wrote: It is so good to know that I am not the only one who feels incredibly frustrated. We have been going through this process for 8 long months. They say give her motrin i find that the motrin is not working as good. Ahe is running these fevers and starting to get rashes on her legs and chest. We have had her joints injected and it made a difference for about a week then she began to hurt again. She tried to take napsosyn and just threw up everytime she took it. She has a ped rheumy but he is 3 hours away and that is the closest one. He is the one who has suggested everything that we have done. We have now stared methotreate inj. She had her first one on friday. The one thing i can not understand is why the will not put her on pred. so she will feel a little better. They have talked about it for months but

have not acted on it yet. Do they think they we make up how bad our children feel? I know what it is like to have autoimmune diseases because I have psoriasis and crohns but they can give us meds for pain bit why not the little ones??? I am so sorry to hear that your daughter has many autoimmune diseases. I wish that there was just something that we could do for all these children. What meds has she been on?? Any ones in particular that have helped woth the pain?? Thank you for talking to me. It is sooooo good to know that you can comprehend how it feels ginanancy barnes <nancyb315 > wrote: ,I do believe I understand how frustrated and upset you are - my daughter was one that was difficult to

diagnosis, now has three autoimmune diseases, and likely a fourth, but treatment cannot begin for it until they figure out the "why"...so, she has to endure. It was 18 months of her rheumy dragging her feet...what I did do, was take notes on my daughter's symptoms each day, and give a copy to the rheumy at each visit. I did my "homework" so I could politely challenge the dr with intelligent questions when she stalled or dragged her feet...it took about a year of frustration before I began to do this, unfortunately, but I believe it was communicating with people on this group that gave me the strength and insight to do this. It must be especially difficult with one so young, as the little ones need more of your individual time, but if you can at least keep a daily journal, if you haven't already. I know it is beyond frustrating - and you are so right - these doctors do not understand what

it is like to watch our children in constant pain only to feel helpless to fix it. As far as holding it together, sometimes we cannot - but we hold it together for our children, and let the tears flow when they are tucked in their beds....or come here and vent, as here, every one of these parents have shared some level of the frustration and sadness you are feeling. As far as the comments, "at least it is not life-threatening..." those individuals are just ignorant.... it doesn't make their pain any less...so, just like the docs who don't understand the suffering of constant pain these kids feel, the people who make those comments may be "correct" but they don't get it either.How long have you been going through this process with Abi? Would it be possible for you to take her elsewhere for another opinion, or have you done that? Are they treating her at all?You don't need to apologize for

sharing your feelings here...I'm sorry Abi is having such a rough go of it. I hope you get some answers for Abi very soon. I hope too, that you will feel comfortable coming here for encouragement and support. (, 17, poly, cvid, Hashimotos)gina zimmerman <gzimmerman76 > wrote: How is it that we are suppose to sit here and let our children be in pain, and all you hear is it could be worse. Abi has been in pain almost everyday since Jan. and no one seems to care. You see the doctors and of corse they never see your child first thing in the morning when they are at their worst, or every night when they can barley walk and are crying their eyes out for you to help them. I am at my witts end. I do not know how to cope with the fact that my little girl is

in so much pain. The doctors just want to wait and see. In the mean time it doesn't matter how many more joints become inflamed??? Does it matter that the arthritis is spreading like a wild fire through out her body?? Every other week another joint becomes inflamed and swollen?? I know that there is a process that the Drs have to go through but is it right that my child has to suffer until they can figure out what they want to do?? How......... how are we as parents suppose to be able to hold it together enough to be able to take care of our children that are in so much pain? I am about to blow my lid with all these drs and tests dag on lets start getting these children better......I am sorry to explode like this but noone here seems to understand. I am just suppose to be happy that this is all that my child has and "not some life threating illness." I ma thankfull for that

but i am just so lost right now. I just feel so alone has anyone else felt like this before?? gina and ABI 3 poly??? systemic??? Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it

now.

Guest guest

well i heard from the dr yesterday and hse is having her bone marrow biopsey on tues. well cpme to find out they are looking for leukemia so every time i turn around it is another heart breaking experience. i don't really know what to do any more. I pray that she is gonna be ok but i guess that we are never sure about life. We have to go up there mon night and spend the night, because we have to be at the hosp. at 7 in the morning and i sure don't want to wake up at 2. The only thing they really said was prepare for a long day. GREAT Thankd for the support ginanancy barnes <nancyb315@...> wrote: ,sorry - I am terribly behind on e-mails and posts. Sounds like it has been a tough week for you. I read your post, and Misty's response about your doc wanting to do a bone marrow testing before starting Abi on pred...I am not familiar with this before pred, so I don't know what his reasoning would be. Is he questioning if she has another or additional illness? I do know that it generally takes 4-8 weeks for mtx to work. You asked what meds my daughter has been on and what has helped with the pain...she has tried most all of the anti-inflammatory meds, and now tolerates Celebrex with stomach meds. but none helped her pain. She took mtx injections for 9 months and her rheumy stopped it...it helped her swelling some, at a high dose, but not her pain. The wonder drug

for has been Enbrel...it has reduced her pain by 50% and enabled her to be more active. I don't think your doc disbelieves you about Abi's pain, but as I said, I do believe they have a difficult time understanding our position as a parent watching our children in such pain. This disease is so unkind and sometimes I think the docs just aren't sure about one thing or another... Do you feel confident with Abi's ped rheumy? I wish I had more encouragement to offer you - but I wanted you to know Let us know if she is going to have the bone marrow testing. I hear your fears and frustration, and I hope Abi gets some relief from her pain soon. (, 17, poly, cvid, Hashimoto's, ai) gina zimmerman <gzimmerman76 > wrote: It is so good to know that I am not the only one who feels

incredibly frustrated. We have been going through this process for 8 long months. They say give her motrin i find that the motrin is not working as good. Ahe is running these fevers and starting to get rashes on her legs and chest. We have had her joints injected and it made a difference for about a week then she began to hurt again. She tried to take napsosyn and just threw up everytime she took it. She has a ped rheumy but he is 3 hours away and that is the closest one. He is the one who has suggested everything that we have done. We have now stared methotreate inj. She had her first one on friday. The one thing i can not understand is why the will not put her on pred. so she will feel a little better. They have talked about it for months but have not acted on it yet. Do they think they we make up how bad our children feel? I know what it is like to have autoimmune diseases

because I have psoriasis and crohns but they can give us meds for pain bit why not the little ones??? I am so sorry to hear that your daughter has many autoimmune diseases. I wish that there was just something that we could do for all these children. What meds has she been on?? Any ones in particular that have helped woth the pain?? Thank you for talking to me. It is sooooo good to know that you can comprehend how it feels ginanancy barnes <nancyb315 > wrote: ,I do believe I understand how frustrated and upset you are - my daughter was one that was difficult to diagnosis, now has three autoimmune diseases, and likely a fourth, but treatment cannot begin for it until they figure out the "why"...so, she has to

endure. It was 18 months of her rheumy dragging her feet...what I did do, was take notes on my daughter's symptoms each day, and give a copy to the rheumy at each visit. I did my "homework" so I could politely challenge the dr with intelligent questions when she stalled or dragged her feet...it took about a year of frustration before I began to do this, unfortunately, but I believe it was communicating with people on this group that gave me the strength and insight to do this. It must be especially difficult with one so young, as the little ones need more of your individual time, but if you can at least keep a daily journal, if you haven't already. I know it is beyond frustrating - and you are so right - these doctors do not understand what it is like to watch our children in constant pain only to feel helpless to fix it. As far as holding it together, sometimes we cannot - but we hold it

together for our children, and let the tears flow when they are tucked in their beds....or come here and vent, as here, every one of these parents have shared some level of the frustration and sadness you are feeling. As far as the comments, "at least it is not life-threatening..." those individuals are just ignorant.... it doesn't make their pain any less...so, just like the docs who don't understand the suffering of constant pain these kids feel, the people who make those comments may be "correct" but they don't get it either.How long have you been going through this process with Abi? Would it be possible for you to take her elsewhere for another opinion, or have you done that? Are they treating her at all?You don't need to apologize for sharing your feelings here...I'm sorry Abi is having such a rough go of it. I hope you get some answers for Abi very soon. I hope too,

that you will feel comfortable coming here for encouragement and support. (, 17, poly, cvid, Hashimotos)gina zimmerman <gzimmerman76 > wrote: How is it that we are suppose to sit here and let our children be in pain, and all you hear is it could be worse. Abi has been in pain almost everyday since Jan. and no one seems to care. You see the doctors and of corse they never see your child first thing in the morning when they are at their worst, or every night when they can barley walk and are crying their eyes out for you to help them. I am at my witts end. I do not know how to cope with the fact that my little girl is in so much pain. The doctors just want to wait and see. In the mean time it doesn't matter how many more joints become inflamed??? Does it

matter that the arthritis is spreading like a wild fire through out her body?? Every other week another joint becomes inflamed and swollen?? I know that there is a process that the Drs have to go through but is it right that my child has to suffer until they can figure out what they want to do?? How......... how are we as parents suppose to be able to hold it together enough to be able to take care of our children that are in so much pain? I am about to blow my lid with all these drs and tests dag on lets start getting these children better......I am sorry to explode like this but noone here seems to understand. I am just suppose to be happy that this is all that my child has and "not some life threating illness." I ma thankfull for that but i am just so lost right now. I just feel so alone has anyone else felt like this before?? gina and ABI 3 poly??? systemic??? Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

We've all been there. It's so scary to have to go through the

testing for leukemia but it's a necessary first thing to rule out.

They HAVE to make certain with joint pain, swelling, fevers, and

similar blood test results that resemble cancer, that it's not

leukemia. They will check for that then the other standard

possibilities like Lyme Disease. It's all a part of getting the

diagnosis, but yes there is nothing more scary than having your child

tested for cancer!

Hope everything goes well and that your Abi doesn't feel any pain

from the procedure. Try to stay as positive as you can....

-Hadley

>

>

> gina and ABI 3 poly??? systemic???