I heard a funny story today. A friend of mine has two daughters and

one son. Her son, who just turned 21 came to her today and told her

that she needed to talk to his older sister (23) about how FAT she

was becoming! The girl is a size 7!!!

My long term goal is get down to either a 12 or 14. I have no

desire to be a size 6 a 7 or even a 9. Mind you, if it happened I

wouldn't be sad but my goal is to be healthy and be able to keep up

with our very active 6 year old son. I want to put my behind on a

bicycle seat without having to hang a " wide load " sign out!

Watching your progress has really driven it home that it is going to

happen. I really appreciate yoour support and all the information

you share to help the rest of us on ur way.

While my " mental " goal is that black velvet dress my ultimate goal

is improved mobility and the ability to ride the rides at ANY

amusement park with my son.

> Hey Liz, reading your post made me want to start a thread on

Goals! I make

> mini goals for myself, and as many of you already know, I made a

goal that I

> wanted to weigh 199 by my birthday the end of October. Well I am

pretty sure

> I will get there now since my recent poundage gone, but I would

also like to

> make even smaller goals like....this week I would like to drink

more water,

> at least 80 oz a day. What are some of the goals of everyone on

this list?

>

> In Texas

> 3/1/05

> 280/207.5/160

> http://www.tracyslapband.com

>

> Hey Sheri,

>

>

> <snip> I'm going to sort through my closet and find out just how

many

> different size clothes I have on hand!! I have a size 20 black

velvet

> dress that I wore on my first date with my hubby that I'd love to

be

> back into by Christmas... it's a goal... <snip>

Guest guest

I was banded on the 3rd of August. My starting weight was 211. I

have not been under 200 in at least 5 years. My goal is to be at 190

by my birthday which is October 6. I think I can I think I can. My

mini goal is to make it to Wednesday without any cheats. If I do I

will be half way through the liquid phase and I have never gone this

long on a liquid diet. My next goal is to get back to walking on my

tread mill I need to wait until the third week. I like the idea of

setting goals on the message board because it helps keep me

accountable.

Carla

> Hey Liz, reading your post made me want to start a thread on

Goals! I make

> > In Texas

> 3/1/05

> 280/207.5/160

>

> Hey Sheri,

>

>

Guest guest

Hi all,

I am having surgery on the 17th...very excited about it....did anyone have to deal with any negativity from family members? I have family members that may be 20lbs overweight that think it is ridiculous to have this done, and in Mexico, they say I am insane. However, none know how I feel being 120 pounds overweight, the concern for whether I am going to fit in the chairs, seatbelts, or even ride in rides at the amusement parks. If you do, how did you finally convince them this was safe and the smart way to go. I was thrilled to talk with a nurse locally that is going to have my fills. She explained that if she was ever going to do it, she would have it done in Mexico because they are so experienced and can do it with their eyes closed (practically). Any help would be appreciated...I am a very positive person and feel wonderful about my decision.

Thanks, Jody Goals Hey Liz, reading your post made me want to start a thread on Goals! I makemini goals for myself, and as many of you already know, I made a goal that Iwanted to weigh 199 by my birthday the end of October. Well I am pretty sureI will get there now since my recent poundage gone, but I would also like tomake even smaller goals like....this week I would like to drink more water,at least 80 oz a day. What are some of the goals of everyone on this list? In Texas3/1/05280/207.5/160 http://www.tracyslapband.com -----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of lizadeltastarSent: Monday, August 08, 2005 9:36 PM Subject: Hey Sheri,<snip> I'm going to sort through my closet and find out just how many different size clothes I have on hand!! I have a size 20 black velvet dress that I wore on my first date with my hubby that I'd love to be back into by Christmas... it's a goal... <snip>

Guest guest

Hey Jody,

Congratulations on your decision. Unfortunately not everyone will get on the band wagon until after you have your surgery. There have been so many horror stories in the news about surgery in Mexico. Dr Aceves is probably one of the most competent Dr.'s I have EVER been too. Once I got home and told my family about my great experience they were amazed. I know they felt bad about being so negative. Just know they love you and are not privy to all the information you have regarding Dr Aceves and his staff. I have had 6 surgeries in the states and none went as well as this one. The staff in the states seemed disinterested and non compassionate. Dr Aceves whole staff truly cares and is right there if you need anything.

You should show your family some of the posts on this site. Or heck, give them my cell # 425-346-0713. I would gladly tell them about my great experience.

The Lap band will surely change your life! You have a lot to look forward too. Don't ever look back! And don't ever let anyone get in the way of your dream!

Have a great day!

DOB 7/20/05

210/195/140

Goals Hey Liz, reading your post made me want to start a thread on Goals! I makemini goals for myself, and as many of you already know, I made a goal that Iwanted to weigh 199 by my birthday the end of October. Well I am pretty sureI will get there now since my recent poundage gone, but I would also like tomake even smaller goals like....this week I would like to drink more water,at least 80 oz a day. What are some of the goals of everyone on this list? In Texas3/1/05280/207.5/160 http://www.tracyslapband.com -----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of lizadeltastarSent: Monday, August 08, 2005 9:36 PM Subject: Hey Sheri,<snip> I'm going to sort through my closet and find out just how many different size clothes I have on hand!! I have a size 20 black velvet dress that I wore on my first date with my hubby that I'd love to be back into by Christmas... it's a goal... <snip>

Guest guest

Jody it will be amazing how supportive they are after you have the surgery and see how well you are doing. You have made the best choice for you and you won't regret it.! I am six weeks out and down 26 pounds I feel womderful have been back to work since the first week postop.best of luck to you. Rosemary

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of bradshawtravels@...Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 11:25 AM Subject: Re: Goals

Hi Jody

I'm having surgery on Aug 15.2005 in Mexico also.

I just told my parents today and my husband.They all looked at me like I had changed my hair to purple!..

My mother then told her friend who is Spanish and that friend called me to give me the "real dirt"...

I hope I wasn't TOO rude. I said THANK YOU> and then explained I was 46..I'm paying for it and to please help me after I come home to recover and encourage me. I then explained my reasons for choosing Mexico which had nothing to do with price. It had to do with a doctor who came very highly recommended, with over 2000 Lap-bands under his belt (no pun intended-lol)..His staff is rated in the top 10 in their field. The company who makes the Lap-bands even gave him a superior rating..I then mentioned the price which is at least 1/2 the price as USA..and I threw in If you'd fell better and you want to "give" me the money I'll do the same research for a doctor you feel confident in...So by the time I was done all 4 of them were saying..OK..I'm glad you chose wisely...

Because I do not want to "explain" myself again, I've asked my family to not mention it or explain it to anyone else. and to just sit back and WATCH the results. BECAUSE all 4 of them could us a Lap-Band and I think that's what scares a lot of them..they won't have an eating partner to go to all the buffet anymore. Now this is my opinion, if you ad a dollar to it.you might get a cup of coffee..which I don't think we are to have-lol

I was banded on August 6. Sorry I did not get back to you all sooner

but I had a bad week. I was fine after surgery but when I returned

home I could not keep anything down. I went into the emergency room

on Wednesday and was given a Suppository, it did not help. The next

night I went back to the emergency room with a fever and dehydrated.

I thought all of this was unusual because I don't remember reading

about this happening to anyone else. But I am fine now. I was

released yesterday, and feel about 95%. No pain but when I stand up

I feel a little weak. Guess this is because of the liquid diet.

This post also made me come up with some goals of my own. I actually

sat down with a calendar. I lost 15 lbs by the time I went into the

hospital but with all of the fluid they pumped in me I gain 3 back.

But it was worth it just to fell better.

Here are my goals:

Starting weight 250lbs

Banded August 6

By the end of October I would like to weigh 220 (Lord I hope)

By Christmas I would like to weigh 200 (which is so much of a dream

for me)

By the end of February I would like to weigh 180 (this might be

unrealistic but I will try my best)

I have one question, It has only been a week since I was banded,

liquids are going down so good now, is this normal?

Deborah F.

August 6

250/237/160

> Hey Liz, reading your post made me want to start a thread on Goals!

I make

> mini goals for myself, and as many of you already know, I made a

goal that I

> wanted to weigh 199 by my birthday the end of October. Well I am

pretty sure

> I will get there now since my recent poundage gone, but I would

also like to

> make even smaller goals like....this week I would like to drink

more water,

> at least 80 oz a day. What are some of the goals of everyone on

this list?

>

> In Texas

> 3/1/05

> 280/207.5/160

>

> Hey Sheri,

>

>

many

velvet

be

I never even thought about trying to fit in amusement park rides. Did

anyone else have trouble fitting in the airplane seats, or the

bathroom? I had to suck in just to get the seat belt to fit me. I

don't even want to talk about how hard it was to plug in the earphones.

>

Dr Aceves was so good he used the scares I had from removing my

gullbaldder to do the surgery. I did not realize this until I went

to the hospital and they asked me if I had any scares, I was so use

to saying the gullbaldder scares but then the nurse said, where.

Thats when I realized what he had did.

> Hey Jody,

> Congratulations on your decision. Unfortunately not everyone will

get on the band wagon until after you have your surgery. There have

been so many horror stories in the news about surgery in Mexico. Dr

Aceves is probably one of the most competent Dr.'s I have EVER been

too. Once I got home and told my family about my great experience

they were amazed. I know they felt bad about being so negative.

Just know they love you and are not privy to all the information you

have regarding Dr Aceves and his staff. I have had 6 surgeries in

the states and none went as well as this one. The staff in the

states seemed disinterested and non compassionate. Dr Aceves whole

staff truly cares and is right there if you need anything.

> You should show your family some of the posts on this site. Or

heck, give them my cell # 425-346-0713. I would gladly tell them

about my great experience.

> The Lap band will surely change your life! You have a lot to look

forward too. Don't ever look back! And don't ever let anyone get in

the way of your dream!

> Have a great day!

>

> DOB 7/20/05

> 210/195/140

> Hey Sheri,

>

>

many

velvet

be

>

>

>

>

>

Deborah, so glad to hear you are doing better, and sorry that you had to go through that experience, I almost thought the same thing was going to happen to me, but after my first fill, I couldn't keep liquids down, and though I would get deydrated, you have great goals, and I'm real glad you are doing better, so am I now that I am a week out from my fill and down 8 lbs, I beleive it has finally loosened up. Take care and let us know your progress.

Tracie B. in Texas

248/225

DOB 6/24/05 Hey Sheri,

> > > <snip> I'm going to sort through my closet and find out just how many > different size clothes I have on hand!! I have a size 20 black velvet > dress that I wore on my first date with my hubby that I'd love to be > back into by Christmas... it's a goal... <snip>

Depborah,

So glad you are feeling better...it sounds like you were really dehydryated.....I am off tomorrow morning for San Diego and will become an official Bandster on the 17th...can't wait...but I am also a bit nervous. So many wonderful words of encouragment on this so it makes me smile and feel so much better. I am actually so excited to go off with my husband.......just the two of us....I have two daughters, 19 and 16 and do Therapeutic Care with two boys, presently 7 and 13.....this is going to be like a dream....hahahahLOL>

We, I am babbling ...just wanted to tell you to feel better and I hope we will keep in touch.

Jody in NC Hey Sheri,

> > > <snip> I'm going to sort through my closet and find out just how many > different size clothes I have on hand!! I have a size 20 black velvet > dress that I wore on my first date with my hubby that I'd love to be > back into by Christmas... it's a goal... <snip>

Oh Deborah, I feel you, I had the worst time trying to plug in the headphones, my thighs were in the way...sigh.

>From: "Deborah" <fauchdee@...>>Reply- > >Subject: Re: Goals>Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:29:38 -0000>

I never even thought about trying to fit in amusement park rides. Did

anyone else have trouble fitting in the airplane seats, or the

bathroom? I had to suck in just to get the seat belt to fit me. I

don't even want to talk about how hard it was to plug in the earphones.

>

Hi Deborah! I just found this post. I wanted to say again that I am glad you

are doing better!! About liquids going down good, yes, they are supposed

to!! I would worry if they weren't! Remember, no real restriction until you

get a good fill. At least that is for most of us, some already have a good

restriction without a fill. ( I was kinda jealous of those people lol)

M

3/1/05

280/207.5/160

http://www.tracyslapband.com

Hey Sheri,

>

>

many

velvet

be

• 9 months later...
Guest guest

How tall are you? There's usually a wide range on "healthy" weights perheight, as no one magic number is right for everyone. For me, at 5'5", itranges from around 120 to 160, I think. It's been over 40 years since I saw*those* weights!I am 4'11 when I stretch. I know there was a range, but I think around the highest number I am supposed to be is 119 pounds. I think if I ever get that low I will be as thin as rails. But who knows since I am so far away from that number. from MO

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Hi Beth,

Unfortunately I haven't actually set my goals yet. I really need to do that. I think my main goal for today is not to go looking for money so I can go to the store and buy some ice cream. Ice creams sounds good to my throat. With all the coughing I'm doing my throat is kind of sore. Other then that I don't have any goals for today. I'll start setting more goals when I start to feel a lot better.

from MO.

So does anyone have any goals for today? I have a couple. I am going to limit myself to one small piece of cake and one small scoop of ice cream (counting the calories).I am also going to exercise at least a half hour. I am going to try to get my daily bike ride in, but if the kids won't cooperate for that, I will do a dvd.I am going to drink my water.Beth

Guest guest

Are you having allergy problems or something else?

I had WICKED allergies here for several weeks...I was on a first name basis with my doctor because I went in 4 times. Once every 3 weeks.

She doesn't like to give people long term prescriptions of Allegra and such because she has had problems in the past with patients selling them.

Anyway, FINALLY on my 4th visit she gave me a refillable prescription for Allegra, and an inhaler and I got my first ever steroid shot.

OMG that was the best thing ever. I can't take any prescription cough syrup because they contain codeine, at least most do, and me on codeine is

like a scene from the exorcist. After 30 minutes no more cough, within 3 days I felt better than I had in 3 months. What I don't get is why I had to go 4 times before she

really did something, I think it is a sign that while she is very personable, she is NOT the doctor for me.

Sigh...I hate finding new doctors and when I do find a good one they go on maternity leave. No that isnt a joke. I have had 4 doctors in 7 years leave to have children.

I should rent my services! lol

When I went to Target to get my prescriotion filled the Pharmacist was telling me that their request for prescription allergy meds had nearly tripled.

I wonder if it is the drought and the fact it never really got all that cold here last winter.

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon...don't wait like I did.

-Heidi

On 6/29/06, <memyselves@...> wrote:

Hi Beth,

Unfortunately I haven't actually set my goals yet. I really need to do that. I think my main goal for today is not to go looking for money so I can go to the store and buy some ice cream. Ice creams sounds good to my throat. With all the coughing I'm doing my throat is kind of sore. Other then that I don't have any goals for today. I'll start setting more goals when I start to feel a lot better.

from MO.

So does anyone have any goals for today? I have a couple. I am going to limit myself to one small piece of cake and one small scoop of ice cream (counting the calories).

I am also going to exercise at least a half hour. I am going to try to get my daily bike ride in, but if the kids won't cooperate for that, I will do a dvd.I am going to drink my water.Beth

Guest guest

In a message dated 6/29/2006 4:39:38 PM US Eastern Standard Time, memyselves@... writes:

Hi Beth,

from MO.

Hey ,

That's ok that you haven't set your goals yet. You have been very sick and need time to recover. You'll get there! The fact that you are thinking about goals is a very good thing! Keep up the good work.

Beth

Guest guest

Exercise at least 45 minutes.

Take a nap later if really tired.

Eat healthy foods.

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, m4momma@... wrote:

> So does anyone have any goals for today? I have a couple. I am going to

> limit myself to one small piece of cake and one small scoop of ice cream

> (counting the calories).

>

> I am also going to exercise at least a half hour. I am going to try to get

> my daily bike ride in, but if the kids won't cooperate for that, I will do a

> dvd.

>

> I am going to drink my water.

> Beth

>

• 8 months later...
Guest guest

Sounds like great goals, . Sorry to hear about your troubles this week!

What do you mean about getting 'back on the fly'?

And where are you getting your counters? I couldn't get mine from 3fatchicks to

work!

SulaBlue

>

> My goals for the week are play outside with the kiddos for at least 30min 3x

this week.

Eat lots of fresh veggies and fruit. Eat low-fat cottage cheese with pineapple

or fat free

yogurt for dessert instead of other sweets. And above all GET BACK ON THE FLY!

>

> Blessed be,

>

>

>

Guest guest

When I say back on the FLY I meant flylady(flylady.net). I have been doing her system for about 5 years now, but I sometimes fall off the FLYwagon... LOL

I got my counters from Lilypie.com. I had one from 3 fat chicks but it started depressing me so I took it off.

Anyway thanks for caring, I've been away for awhile and kept saying I was gonna get more involved again...BUT with the all the stress I was under there's no way I could have tackled all the e-mails!

Blessed be,

Guest guest

> When I say back on the FLY I meant flylady(flylady.net). I have been

doing her system for about 5 years now, but I sometimes fall off the

FLYwagon... LOL

>

I had signed up years ago, but had problems getting my messages from

there. Is it any better with ? was constantly putting the

emails in my spam box which I never even look at, just delete.

a

Guest guest

a,

I set my email up to my various group mails each into their own

folder. It should prevent it from going into your spam if you're

specifically filtering for it OR you can also just set the address to

be on your " OK " list.

SulaBlue

> I had signed up years ago, but had problems getting my messages from

> there. Is it any better with ? was constantly putting

the

> emails in my spam box which I never even look at, just delete.

>

> a

>

Guest guest

> all you have to do is mark the message you want to keep as NOT spam.

Not every on-line mail service lets you do that. I know on my free

accounts I can't but on my paid Prodigy one (also owned by and is

officially called Mail), it does. Still, there are some messages I

mark day after day as Not Spam and the next day they're back in the spam

folder.

For my regular ISP's on-line email programs there's no such feature, either

the local ISP I've been using since 1992 or the one the kid uses (Optimum

on-line).

Sue in NJ

Guest guest

Sue,

Do you read your mail on the web? If not, try there if you're

getting things in your bulk/junk that you want to come through. Just

go to mail. and login with your usual login. Go to your bulk

folder and click on the message you want to read. When it opens,

there is a " Not Spam " button at the bottom.

SulaBlue

>

> > all you have to do is mark the message you want to keep as NOT

spam.

>

> Not every on-line mail service lets you do that. I know on my free

> accounts I can't but on my paid Prodigy one (also owned by

and is

> officially called Mail), it does. Still, there are some

messages I

> mark day after day as Not Spam and the next day they're back in the

spam

> folder.

>

> For my regular ISP's on-line email programs there's no such

feature, either

> the local ISP I've been using since 1992 or the one the kid uses

(Optimum

> on-line).

>

>

>

> Sue in NJ

>

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

I chose my goal based on a body comp test I had about 5 years ago. I wasn't

any more active then than I am now. At that time I was told that I had 160

pounds of lean mass (skin, muscle, bones, organs). I am 5'11 " and figured

that 20 pounds above that body comp would be a good starting goal and as I

get closer to the goal I can adjust it.

Sometimes being a loser is a GOOD thing!

5'11 " 306 / 238 / 180

PreOp / Now/ Goal

>From: Ada <lap.bandit@...>

>Reply-

>

>Subject: Goals

>Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:38:00 -0700 (PDT)

>

>I was just wondering how everybody decided on their

>goal weights.

>My doc wants me to focus on the process and learning

>to live my new life instead of paying so much

>attention to the numbers, so I don't actually have a

>goal weight. Since I have never been lower than this

>weight as an adult I really have no idea what I should

>be shooting for. At this point I'm actually fairly

>content not having a goal for myself, but I'd still

>like to hear how others picked a goal for themselves.

>

>Thanks in advance

>

>

>

>- Ada

>

>5'6 " Age 26

>364 / 285 / 238

>Consult/Band Day/Now

>7.20.06/3.19.07/7.10.07

>Lap Band by Dr. Greene in Rockville, MD

>

>

>

>_______________________________________________________________________________\

_____

>Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join 's user

>panel and lay it on us.

>http://surveylink./gmrs/_panel_invite.asp?a=7

>

Need a brain boost? Recharge with a stimulating game. Play now! 

http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=club_hotmailtextlink1