All this eye issue stuff has reminded me of something. When I was in

high school, say age 15-17, after a long day of school and a part time

job, at the family dinner table, Mom would comment on my droopy right

eye. We took this issue to my neurologist who said it was most likely

due to fatigue - since with sleep at night, the next day was fine and so

on.

Also, while I have never had eye surgery, my droopy eye is something

that went away on its own; in the same way my muscle spascity did that I

was also having at that time, which, that too, was helped by sleep.

~ Gretchen CMT diagnosed 1962

" I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my

chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great

and noble. " ---Helen Keller

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Hi Connie:Good for you trying to find a new pediatrician..your current one definitely sounds very uneducated regarding both plagio AND cranio.

I should note, that while the other moderators & myself toured the Cranial Tech home office, they did note that sometimes a baby's metopic suture closes early, that it's not completely unheard of. 4 mos of age sounds very early to me for it to have fused by now though. Definitely find a new ped and see what he tells you. Or have you joined the craniosynostosis parent support group w/? One of those parents I'm sure could help you more than I can.

As for the droopy eye, I do think I've heard of this before resulting from plagio, but my Abby didn't get that. One eye did appear to be larger than the other resulting from her plagio, but not so much droopy.

I probably was of no help here! But I hope you get some definitive answers soon for . Keep us posted please.

Debbie Abby's mom

"sewmommy.geo" <SewMommy@...> wrote:

Hi!I've frequented this loop in the past few months, not really sure if I belong here or someplace else. (4 months old) was diagnosed with plagiocephaly by our pediatrician. He had a CT Scan done a few weeks ago that showed that his metopic suture had already fused. However, that doesn't seem to be the reason for most of his unusual shaped head. He has a ridge in front of his coronal suture, a dent along his coronal suture and his head bulges out behind his coronal suture.Anyway, in the past month or so, we have noticed that one of his eyes appears to be droopy. It's not always that way -- it is most noticeable when he is tired. Has anyone had any experience with a droopy eye being related to plagiocephaly? I'm not sure if I need to mention this to our pediatrician as

a seperate issue or if it is all related to plagiocephaly.Oh, I also wanted to let you all know that we may be on the road to a pediatrician who is more experienced with plagiocephaly. Our pediatrician has not been very helpful.A friend of mine told me that she was out taking a walk and ran into a neighbor who was walking their child in a stroller. The child was in a helmet and explained to my friend about it.I have asked my friend to find out who her neighbor's pediatrician is. I'm hopeful this may be the way we can get help for . Our current pediatrician has told us that it is normal for his metopic suture to be fused already (although a pediatric neurosurgeon says it should not fuse until he is around 2 years old). She has also said that his head will round out on it's own by the time he is 15 months old.Thanks,Connie