are married and we have 2 granddaughters! I am not able to sit and chat

like some do takes too long to sit there for me so I think the boards

are perfect for me, very happy I found you all here :) I am very

crippled up from the ra , the years of no treatment but some asprin or

tylenol has taken its toll on the destruction of my hands feet and so

on. I am home all day alone with my compaion 'Buddy' , a little boston

terrier....... hubby works all day. sometimes the depression of the

chronic pain and frustrations gets me a little down. Hope I can be a

good friend to you all and be a part of this discussion.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Reni- My name is Deborah and I live in Maine. I have had RA since 94. I stumbled upon a job of sorts helping the owner of a local video store one day a week and I feel overwhelmed. She is very kind and understanding and is a friend to me so she has me helping her do things she doesnt have time for being the owner and having a large family to take care of also. Two hours on a monday night. Monday will come and I will almost forget I have that responsibility because I havent worked in so long. I work after closing time so I can focus and not be distracted. Its alot harder to concentrate these days doing something important when I have been a human guinea pig for over 12 years. Its scary how easily I forget things and repeat things I already did. I just turned 46!! My DH also works long hours and I am alone all day. Its really hard on people who never had newer medications and have suffered the debilitating effects of RA. Many of us feel " alienated " from society because we are slower and cant do the things normal people do but I like to think we are more patient, understanding, contemplative and wise. We see everything from the inside out not the outside in and that makes us very special indeed. I would love to see a picture of Buddy. He sounds like a cutie. We are all here for you. Hugs, Deborah

On 2/8/07, psalms107_20 <psalms107_20@...> wrote:

Hi my name is Reni and I am not new to ra, had it for about 25 yrs. but I am new here. I have been married for 31 yrs. we have raised 3 sons 2 are married and we have 2 granddaughters! I am not able to sit and chat like some do takes too long to sit there for me so I think the boards are perfect for me, very happy I found you all here :) I am very crippled up from the ra , the years of no treatment but some asprin or

tylenol has taken its toll on the destruction of my hands feet and so on. I am home all day alone with my compaion 'Buddy' , a little boston terrier....... hubby works all day. sometimes the depression of the chronic pain and frustrations gets me a little down. Hope I can be a good friend to you all and be a part of this discussion.

Hi Reni,

I am Gloria from Ok. I have been dx with ra since 04. My mother had ra and lupus, and passed away in 2000 right before her 60th birthday. It was heart failure. She never took care of herself and was very crippled. So please take care of you.

This board was the best thing that I have found as far as support. There are some wonderful people. We are so glad to have you in the group.

Hugs from Oklahoma,

Gloria>> Hi my name is Reni and I am not new to ra, had it for about 25 yrs. but > I am new here. I have been married for 31 yrs. we have raised 3 sons 2 > are married and we have 2 granddaughters! I am not able to sit and chat > like some do takes too long to sit there for me so I think the boards > are perfect for me, very happy I found you all here :) I am very > crippled up from the ra , the years of no treatment but some asprin or > tylenol has taken its toll on the destruction of my hands feet and so > on. I am home all day alone with my compaion 'Buddy' , a little boston > terrier....... hubby works all day. sometimes the depression of the > chronic pain and frustrations gets me a little down. Hope I can be a > good friend to you all and be a part of this discussion.>

• 9 months later...

Welcome to the group. The connection is that Fibro, RA, CFS, IBS and

several others are auto-immune diseases so its like a circle very few people

have only 1 of the diseases. My Rhummy told me if they can ever find what

links all the auto-inmmune disease they will be closer to a cure for some of

them.You will find a lot of Fibro/RA patients suffer from TMJ. I am sorry

you have Fibro I haveit as well as RA and a bunch of other things. It had to

have several because the Dr says he is unable to seperate the pain, if its

RA, Fibro, Osteo or DJD. But for me meds help and the other is just keep

busy and try to not overdo.

Heidi M

On 11/22/07, <tlbowman@...> wrote:

>

> I was looking through the Fibromyalgia groups and found this one. I am

> looking for information about Fibro, CFS, and connected illness. I am

> interested in why the Fibro is being connected with the RA group. Has

> someone found a connection? I was being treated for OA and then was dx

> with Fibromyalgia and DJD and CFS. I also have TMJ that has not

> officially been put in my records yet. I had a traumatic accident in

> June and am just now beginning to walk and drive again. It is a real

> challenge rehabilitating my injuries along with FMS, CFS, OA, and DJD.

> Anyone have any good suggestions? LOL I need all the advice I can

> get. Looking forward to hearing from y'all.

>

>

>

>

>