RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: about SSI

Rate this topic

Guest guest

How long does an appeal generally take for SSI disability? Do they contact me and give me a case worker like for the first application?

Thanks,

Vicki

Don't be flakey. Get for Mobile and always stay connected to friends.

Dear Vicki- Standard applications vary per state but if you have been out of work for two years and can prove disability, you will get awarded right away. You must have a disability lawyer bring your medical records to court for you and advocate to the law judge. If you go through a case worker like I did, you will get denied and denied again. Only and I do mean only a lawyer can present your case. The good ones can even get your on disability faster, like my friend in California. Only 3 months and she was on the rolls. Applying is fine but you will get a rejection letter. If laid up for two years or about that you will get a retroactive reward based on the first documented day of confirmed RA. This sum is substantial. The lawyer will take his cut and the state must be paid there share if you have been on emergency assistance in the meantime. ITs all a process. Hugs, Deborah

On 1/18/07, Vicki Hoyt <dvhoyt@...> wrote:

How long does an appeal generally take for SSI disability? Do they contact me and give me a case worker like for the first application?

Thanks,

Vicki

Don't be flakey. Get for Mobile and

always stay connected to friends.