RemedySpot.com

Been watchin', aint been talkin'

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hey guys, I have been reading everyone's emails lately but haven't had much to say or opinions to offer up...sorry. I have also been working a lot (the times I don't call are sick which they love!). I hope all are doing well. I have a couple questions as well as needing a little gripe session for those who care to listen. I just seen my Rheumy yesterday and I think he got a bit upset with me. He has had me on methotrexate and prednisone and folic acid for a whole year now. He has "upped" and "upped" my methotrexate until he has maxed me out on the dosage. But, I am still having flares 2-3 times a week to the point that my hands get so stiff that it feels like my hands are rubber

bands stretched to the max and then won't return to their original shape. (Odd analogy but only one I could think of). Sometimes I can't even close my hands to grasp anything. This is ironic since I am a Critical Care Nurse. I told him that I have been on these meds for a year and still feel like I am not AT ALL controlled. My prednisone dosage is 5mg every day, but most of the time I have to up it to 10mg just to get through the day. I just know this is dangerous for me to do, I told him but I had to do something. I just don't feel I am being treated properly by this RA! Toward the end of my visit, I had to beg him to put me on a biologic agent! He keeps saying "you as a nurse know that....", well I don't. I will be the first person to admit I don't know much about RA. I work

in an area of medicine where I don't deal with RA patients and only remember very little from School about it. Thank goodness for this group because I have learned a lot. Needless to say I told him yesterday that I am a nurse, but am not AT ALL familiar with RA except what I have learned from a book, the net, and you guys. This is why I think he got upset with me...but I guess he will get over it. Now for the questions for those of you who are still listening to me ramble He started me on Humira. 1-Any idea of the price of the drug (I have 80/20 insurance) after insurance pays? 2-Do you guys take your injections and then are you able to work on the same day, and last but not least 3-Anyone ever been hospitalized for infections after taking Humira?

Thanks to all who have listened and who respond In West Virginia __________________________________________________