RemedySpot.com

RE: Play groups

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My son is high-functioning and 4 years-old as well. Perhaps you could give

my e-mail address to the mom asking you about playgroups. I don't know of

any but maybe we could get our boys together.

Pam

Play Groups

I had a mom ask if there are any playgroups out in the Houston area for

higher functioning children with Autism?

Her son is 4 years old and an only child....

She would like to connect him with other children for social skills/play.

Thank you,

MGuppy@... <mailto:MGuppy@...>

My son is high-functioning and 4 years-old as well. Perhaps you could give

my e-mail address to the mom asking you about playgroups. I don't know of

any but maybe we could get our boys together.

Pam

Play Groups

I had a mom ask if there are any playgroups out in the Houston area for

higher functioning children with Autism?

Her son is 4 years old and an only child....

She would like to connect him with other children for social skills/play.

Thank you,

MGuppy@... <mailto:MGuppy@...>

• 4 years later...
Guest guest

Hullo Clea. Your daughter is not a leper. Do what ever you want with her in society. Keep her well nourished, happy and healthy. Dont buy into any dogma to the contrary, that you have to vaccinate at Any age. And especially, if they dont ask, dont offer her medical information. If you are withholding vaccines until 2, I guess I am wondering why? After any of the information you may have found about vaccines, why would you want to vaccinate at all? And risk losing any part of your daughters potential and growth, thru dangerous vaccines? Vaccines are not required until school age. Keep searching and researching all that you can. You have time to think about it. And who knows! By the time your daughter is school age, we are hopeful that all vaccines will be a bygone era. Interested why you feel vaccines at any age is safe, as they cant even prove they work. But they sure can prove that they do harm. But

that is your choice. Keep doing what you want to do with your daughter, and dont worry about that aspect. The best vaccine is NO vaccine. And nobody has any rights to her beyond her skin. That is your choice as a parent, to protect her from toxic, killing and maiming vaccines. Do the research too, to know and consider the vaccine exemption procedures for your state. All the best to your new little family. Glad Day ~ Karla in IL

Guest guest

Clea--There is no such thing as a "stupid question!!!" However, I don't know about these play groups--particularly in New York. I do know that in Minnesota any child going to any organized group or preschool activities is required to be completely vaccinated prior to being enrolled. That was back in 1984, and I feel certain nothing has changed, here. Best of luck. ~~Ruth/REU

Play groups

Hi-I'm new to the group, so I apologize if this question is stupid. I have a 5 month old who has received no vaccines. We live in NYC and my husband and I were planning on waiting until she is 2 years old to give her anything. My question is do I have to avoid play groups? I was thinking of taking her to a music group or swimming group or yoga group, but should I avoid them?Thank you!Clea

The i’m Talkaton. Can 30-days of conversation change the world? Find out now.

Guest guest

Yeah, I'm presuming its the same now. I don't want her to miss out on these opportunities though.From: putney1963@...Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 21:07:22 -0500

Clea--There is no such thing as a "stupid question!!!" However, I don't know about these play groups--particularly in New York. I do know that in Minnesota any child going to any organized group or preschool activities is required to be completely vaccinated prior to being enrolled. That was back in 1984, and I feel certain nothing has changed, here. Best of luck. ~~Ruth/REU

-----Original Message----- From: Clea Sent: Jul 9, 2008 7:21 PM

Hi-I'm new to the group, so I apologize if this question is stupid. I have a 5 month old who has received no vaccines. We live in NYC and my husband and I were planning on waiting until she is 2 years old to give her anything. My question is do I have to avoid play groups? I was thinking of taking her to a music group or swimming group or yoga group, but should I avoid them?Thank you!Clea

Use video conversation to talk face-to-face with Windows Live Messenger. Get started.

Guest guest

Why not arrange playgroups with people in your neighborhood? You don't have to take her to these formal events and surely, her health is more important than a few playdates.On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 6:52 AM, Clea <cleavanessa@...> wrote:

Yeah, I'm presuming its the same now. I don't want her to miss out on these opportunities though.From: putney1963@...Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 21:07:22 -0500

Clea--There is no such thing as a " stupid question!!! " However, I don't know about these play groups--particularly in New York. I do know that in Minnesota any child going to any organized group or preschool activities is required to be completely vaccinated prior to being enrolled. That was back in 1984, and I feel certain nothing has changed, here. Best of luck. ~~Ruth/REU

Hi-I'm new to the group, so I apologize if this question is stupid. I have a 5 month old who has received no vaccines. We live in NYC and my husband and I were planning on waiting until she is 2 years old to give her anything. My question is do I have to avoid play groups? I was thinking of taking her to a music group or swimming group or yoga group, but should I avoid them?

Thank you!Clea

Use video conversation to talk face-to-face with Windows Live Messenger. Get started.

Guest guest

I guess I should put my fear out there so you guys can help me squash it. All the other babies I know are vaccinated and/or attending day care and seem to be always getting sick. So, I've been a bit afraid of close interaction. no-forced-vaccination From: nature.mum@...Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 07:40:27 -0400Subject: Re: Play groups

Why not arrange playgroups with people in your neighborhood? You don't have to take her to these formal events and surely, her health is more important than a few playdates.On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 6:52 AM, Clea <cleavanessamsn> wrote:

Yeah, I'm presuming its the same now. I don't want her to miss out on these opportunities though. Need to know now? Get instant answers with Windows Live Messenger. IM on your terms.

Guest guest

I guess I should put my fear out there so you guys can help me squash it. All the other babies I know are vaccinated and/or attending day care and seem to be always getting sick. So, I've been a bit afraid of close interaction. no-forced-vaccination From: nature.mum@...Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 07:40:27 -0400Subject: Re: Play groups

Why not arrange playgroups with people in your neighborhood? You don't have to take her to these formal events and surely, her health is more important than a few playdates.On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 6:52 AM, Clea <cleavanessamsn> wrote:

Yeah, I'm presuming its the same now. I don't want her to miss out on these opportunities though. Need to know now? Get instant answers with Windows Live Messenger. IM on your terms.

Guest guest

We weren't initially opposed to all vaccinations only some of them and extremely opposed to giving them to babies. So, we found a pediatrician who is comfortable with whatever decision we made and decided to loosely follow the outdated vaccination schedule by Dr. (http://ffitz.com/nyvic/health/alt-vac-sched.htm) who recommended:1. No vaccinations until a child is two years old.

2. No vaccines that contain thimerosal (mercury).

3. No live virus vaccines (except for smallpox, should it

recur).

4. These vaccines, to be given one at a time, every six

months, beginning at age 2:

1. Pertussis (acellular, not whole

cell)

2. Diphtheria

3. Tetanus

4. Polio (the Salk vaccine, cultured

in human cells)Also, 2 years is about as long as we can financially hold off putting her in

day care and we aren't avoiding vaccinations for religious reasons

which is the only allowed exemption in NY, which I'm sure you know. Now, we are kind of doing what you said: waiting and hoping. Although despite the deaths continuing to pile up, it seems like legislation continues to go the wrong way. Not sure if it is a false rumor, but someone told me there was talk of vaccinating Bronx residents for HIV. Clea, Bronxno-forced-vaccination From: faerie1952@...Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 18:43:44 -0700Subject: Re: Play groups

Hullo Clea. Your daughter is not a leper. Do what ever you want with her in society. Keep her well nourished, happy and healthy. Dont buy into any dogma to the contrary, that you have to vaccinate at Any age. And especially, if they dont ask, dont offer her medical information. If you are withholding vaccines until 2, I guess I am wondering why? After any of the information you may have found about vaccines, why would you want to vaccinate at all? And risk losing any part of your daughters potential and growth, thru dangerous vaccines? Vaccines are not required until school age. Keep searching and researching all that you can. You have time to think about it. And who knows! By the time your daughter is school age, we are hopeful that all vaccines will be a bygone era. Interested why you feel vaccines at any age is safe, as they cant even prove they work. But they sure can prove that they do harm. But

that is your choice. Keep doing what you want to do with your daughter, and dont worry about that aspect. The best vaccine is NO vaccine. And nobody has any rights to her beyond her skin. That is your choice as a parent, to protect her from toxic, killing and maiming vaccines. Do the research too, to know and consider the vaccine exemption procedures for your state. All the best to your new little family. Glad Day ~ Karla in IL

Guest guest

All those babies are most likely immuno-compromised would be my guess, most probable from the vaccine induced alergies, etc. Another thing you Shouldnt have to worry about with a no vaccine child!! Glad Day ~ Karla in IL

Guest guest

Clea,

The single best thing you can do is breastfeed your child (mine still

breastfeeds a couple of times a day at 2 1/2 years). If you're

breastfeeding, continue to do so as long as you can. When your child

is ready to move to real foods (probably soon, if she's 5 months now),

be sure to feed her lots of fresh, organic fruits and veggies, and

steer away from the white flour, white sugar and processed foods.

Good nutrition accompanied with keeping vaccinations or other poisons

(i.e. antibiotics or drugs like Tylenol and Motrin) out of your

child's body will keep your child's system functioning optimally, and

keep her toxic load down. If your child's " toxic load " is low, she

will be able to be around other children with minimal chances that she

will become sick herself. Also, in the event she does come with

something, she will be able to overcome it and get well much quicker

than the " normal " , vaccinated child.

We can't keep our children in a bubble, and by keeping them secluded,

we're also isolating ourselves. This isn't healthy, either. Nature

provides our children's bodies with what they need to keep healthy.

It's up to us not to interfere with that. Not vaxing/medicating

(poisoning) + Good, nutritious food + lots of exercise + fresh air and

sunshine = Healthy, happy children. :)

Guest guest

Clea,

The single best thing you can do is breastfeed your child (mine still

breastfeeds a couple of times a day at 2 1/2 years). If you're

breastfeeding, continue to do so as long as you can. When your child

is ready to move to real foods (probably soon, if she's 5 months now),

be sure to feed her lots of fresh, organic fruits and veggies, and

steer away from the white flour, white sugar and processed foods.

Good nutrition accompanied with keeping vaccinations or other poisons

(i.e. antibiotics or drugs like Tylenol and Motrin) out of your

child's body will keep your child's system functioning optimally, and

keep her toxic load down. If your child's " toxic load " is low, she

will be able to be around other children with minimal chances that she

will become sick herself. Also, in the event she does come with

something, she will be able to overcome it and get well much quicker

than the " normal " , vaccinated child.

We can't keep our children in a bubble, and by keeping them secluded,

we're also isolating ourselves. This isn't healthy, either. Nature

provides our children's bodies with what they need to keep healthy.

It's up to us not to interfere with that. Not vaxing/medicating

(poisoning) + Good, nutritious food + lots of exercise + fresh air and

sunshine = Healthy, happy children. :)

Guest guest

Hi,

I am in VA and we vaccinated our daughter from birth through 6 months

old at which time she started shaking her head funny and got sick

with unexplained vomiting and diarrhia and fever. She also got strep

throat a couple of weeks after the 4 month vaccine cycle which I also

got. I finally started to see what was going on. The vaccines were

making her ill and although doctors will say that is impossible, ask

many parents even those who are pro vaccine and they will tell you

the opposite. Also I have to say that I feel it in my heart that if

this child receives any more vaccines, she would be altered permantly

and I am spiritual and I do feel that is a fact in cold hard stone

revealed to me by my Loving Father in Heaven.

So that being said, we stopped all vaccines and she has barely been

sick! In fact, she recently got chicken pox at age 23 months,

yippee!!!

I have only seen her get a cold or something a couple of times while

interracting with other kids, but we don't live in a bubble and I

think that a child with a fully functioning immune system can handle

illness much better and have better immunity after when they do come

down with something. There is a book you may want to check out

called, How To Raise a Vaccine Free child and it can be found at

www.thinktwice.com. I suggest you check it out because the auther is

a mom who raised her kids without vaccins and has realistic advice

and tells you what to expect.

One last thing I have read and experienced living in a military town

with lots o vaccines. People shed the viruses that they are

vaccinated with and I believe that our family recently picked up an

adenovirus. But my little one got through it like a pro and since I

am still nursing her once a day she does get some antibodies. Our

immune systems do much better when we get a " bug " through our mucus

membranes than through our arm or leg muscles. Another thing to

consider is the proof that vaccines are harmful, do not provide real

immunity, and often put you MORE at risk of contracting that illness

than a person not vaccinated. Also, the human cells

that grow the live viruses...those usually come from aborted babies.

So I pray that this journey takes you to places and realizations that

some are too afraid to venture and have the courage to do what you

and your family feel is the right thing to do.

Peace,

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Yeah, I'm presuming its the same now. I don't want her to miss out

on these opportunities though.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> _________________________________________________________________

> Need to know now? Get instant answers with Windows Live Messenger.

> http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/connect_your_way.html?

ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_messenger_072008

>

Guest guest

Personally I did take my babes to playgroup. I guess for the most part

I'm really not that concern about my kids contracting any of the

diseases they vaccinate for. For one thing, they are rare. The second

thing is there are treatment for them. So that's why I didn't keep

them away from playgroups.

Guest guest

Guest guest

Guest guest

Guest guest

This is a very good idea! ~~Ruth/REU

Re: Play groups

Why not arrange playgroups with people in your neighborhood? You don't have to take her to these formal events and surely, her health is more important than a few playdates.

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 6:52 AM, Clea <cleavanessamsn> wrote:

Yeah, I'm presuming its the same now. I don't want her to miss out on these opportunities though.

From: putney1963earthlink (DOT) netDate: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 21:07:22 -0500

Guest guest

This is a very good idea! ~~Ruth/REU

Why not arrange playgroups with people in your neighborhood? You don't have to take her to these formal events and surely, her health is more important than a few playdates.

Yeah, I'm presuming its the same now. I don't want her to miss out on these opportunities though.

From: putney1963earthlink (DOT) netDate: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 21:07:22 -0500

Guest guest

Clea--Understood. ~~Ruth/REU

Need to know now? Get instant answers with Windows Live Messenger. IM on your terms.

Guest guest

Clea--Understood. ~~Ruth/REU

Need to know now? Get instant answers with Windows Live Messenger. IM on your terms.

Guest guest

Is there any reason you need to tell these other parents that your child is not vaccinated? Have they asked you about it? If so, why not explain your beliefs to them as you did to us? ~~Ruth/REU

Guest guest

Is there any reason you need to tell these other parents that your child is not vaccinated? Have they asked you about it? If so, why not explain your beliefs to them as you did to us? ~~Ruth/REU

Guest guest

I would also suggest holding off on introducing solids. It's actually recommended by many infant nutrition experts to hold off until they're at least 9 months unless they're showing a strong urge to eat but usually, this is just curiosity :)

Guest guest

I would also suggest holding off on introducing solids. It's actually recommended by many infant nutrition experts to hold off until they're at least 9 months unless they're showing a strong urge to eat but usually, this is just curiosity :)