Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi, All !! I have been going back and forth between my rheumy,

internist, orthopedic surgeon and the Pain Clinic. Seems I need two

back surgeries. One for spinal stenosis and the other for protruding

bones/spondylolithesis. The surgeon says wait as long as possible,

because surgery is NOT a guarantee of freedom from the pain. The Pain

Clinic tells me I have run the gamut of drugs available, and all they

can now offer me is narcotics. The internist and rheumy. agree.

Inasmuch as I am still working full time, and need to continue to do

so as my darling hubby asked for a legal separation last month, I am

not doing very well. Has anyone had either of these surgeries? Is

anyone still working while living on narcotics for pain? thanks! Marcia

Hi Marcia,

I have a very simular situation to yours, needing to work full time and having multiple joints that are in consistant pain. I am taking percoset, 2 tabs every six hours around the clock. It is not easy to work with pain, but the pain medication helps me as it takes a little edge off the pain. I do not concentrate as well as I use to nor am I as articulating as well as I use to premedication and I am much slower over all. I will probably need to go on social security soon or retire. I am also getting a divorce but still at home with hubby. Arthritis is hard on relationship and hard for individuals to bare the burden alone. I know I will just work as long as I can. Perhaps I really couldn't work with out the pain medication at this point so it is buying me a little time. Please let me know how you are doing! My thoughts and prayers to you. Marie

On 2/20/07, marciastoyle <marciastoyle@...> wrote:

Hi, All !! I have been going back and forth between my rheumy,internist, orthopedic surgeon and the Pain Clinic. Seems I need twoback surgeries. One for spinal stenosis and the other for protrudingbones/spondylolithesis. The surgeon says wait as long as possible,

because surgery is NOT a guarantee of freedom from the pain. The PainClinic tells me I have run the gamut of drugs available, and all theycan now offer me is narcotics. The internist and rheumy. agree. Inasmuch as I am still working full time, and need to continue to do

so as my darling hubby asked for a legal separation last month, I amnot doing very well. Has anyone had either of these surgeries? Isanyone still working while living on narcotics for pain? thanks! Marcia