RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: FYI - Differences between SSDI and SSI/SSP

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Kenajean- When you pay into social security by paying taxes while working, you accumulate points. Those points over a lifetime determine the amount of social security payments when you retire. If you were a stay at home mom or didnt work much to earn enough of those points, then you will be told you dont have enough taxes paid in to get a social security benefit. Let me look something up and I will get back to you. Hugs, Deborah

On 1/26/07, kenajean <kenajean@...> wrote:

Okay, I am very confused now. I attempted to apply for disability benefits, but was told I do not have enough points in order to apply. Can I apply under the SSDI? All of this really confuses me. Any help

would be greatly appreciated.Kenajean

Check this information for a better understanding. First of all, who told you you didnt have enough points? Second of all how many points do you have. A disability advocacy firm or a lawyer can probably help you there. They are turning people away saying they dont have enough points because the burden on social security is already overwhelming. Get back to me. How long have you been out of work and do you have a wage earner in your family that can help you. http://www.ssa.gov/qa.htm

On 1/26/07, Deborah Bargad <dbargad@...> wrote:

Dear Kenajean- When you pay into social security by paying taxes while working, you accumulate points. Those points over a lifetime determine the amount of social security payments when you retire. If you were a stay at home mom or didnt work much to earn enough of those points, then you will be told you dont have enough taxes paid in to get a social security benefit. Let me look something up and I will get back to you. Hugs, Deborah

Okay, I am very confused now. I attempted to apply for disability benefits, but was told I do not have enough points in order to apply. Can I apply under the SSDI? All of this really confuses me. Any help

A Message board about " not enough points " in the right time frame. Great resource.http://www.tmjfriends.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-3.html

On 1/26/07, Deborah Bargad <dbargad@...> wrote:

Check this information for a better understanding. First of all, who told you you didnt have enough points? Second of all how many points do you have. A disability advocacy firm or a lawyer can probably help you there. They are turning people away saying they dont have enough points because the burden on social security is already overwhelming. Get back to me. How long have you been out of work and do you have a wage earner in your family that can help you. http://www.ssa.gov/qa.htm

On 1/26/07, Deborah Bargad <dbargad@...

> wrote: Dear Kenajean- When you pay into social security by paying taxes while working, you accumulate points. Those points over a lifetime determine the amount of social security payments when you retire. If you were a stay at home mom or didnt work much to earn enough of those points, then you will be told you dont have enough taxes paid in to get a social security benefit. Let me look something up and I will get back to you. Hugs, Deborah