RemedySpot.com

Re: Starting New RA Treatment

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi ,

I haven't heard of this new treatment, but I am anxious to see if it works for you. This is a great group of people that understands all that you are going through. I am sure I speak for everone when I say that we are all hear to listen and give support to each other. No one understands what you are going through but the people that are going through it themselves.

Anyway......welcome. Hugs from Ok., Gloria>> Hi everyone, I have had RA for 12 years and have tried many different> drugs and haven't found one that works for me. My doc has scheduled my> first "Orencia" treatment for next week. Is anyone familiar with this> drug? I am always scared when starting a new drugs, when finding out> this one an infusion, i was terrified. I would greatly appreciate any> info. It's fairly new and there doesn't seem to be a lot people taking> it. I have been on many different drugs, if i can share any knowledge i> would be more than happy to. Sure could use some support and new> friends that can relate to what i have to go through everyday.> Thanks Again,> [:)]>

Guest guest

i just typed in orencia on my computer and it told alot about it im going to ask my rumy about it

----- Original Message -----

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2007 5:36 AM

Subject: Starting New RA Treatment

Hi everyone, I have had RA for 12 years and have tried many different drugs and haven't found one that works for me. My doc has scheduled my first "Orencia" treatment for next week. Is anyone familiar with this drug? I am always scared when starting a new drugs, when finding out this one an infusion, i was terrified. I would greatly appreciate any info. It's fairly new and there doesn't seem to be a lot people taking it. I have been on many different drugs, if i can share any knowledge i would be more than happy to. Sure could use some support and new friends that can relate to what i have to go through everyday.Thanks Again,

Guest guest

Thanks it never hurts to have a second opinion. Let me know what he thinks.jeanneteter <jeanneteter@...> wrote: i just typed in orencia on my computer and it told alot about it im going to ask my rumy about it ----- Original

Message ----- From: kellnlisa Rheumatoid Arthritis Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2007 5:36 AM Subject: Starting New RA Treatment Hi everyone, I have had RA for 12 years and have tried many different drugs and haven't found one that works for me. My doc has scheduled my first "Orencia" treatment for next week. Is anyone familiar with this drug? I am always scared when starting a new drugs, when finding out this one an infusion, i was terrified. I would greatly appreciate any info. It's fairly new and there doesn't seem to be a lot people taking it. I have been on many different drugs, if i can share any knowledge i would be more than happy

to. Sure could use some support and new friends that can relate to what i have to go through everyday.Thanks Again,

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q&A.

Guest guest

Hi , I have used Orencia and just want to tell you about my experince. Please remember that all drugs work different for all people. When I started Orencia it was because I was on Remicade(witch is also given by infusion) and it was not lasting as long as I wanted only 4 weeks. The Orencia worked even less for me. I don't think I ever got good pain relief from it. The other reason that I had to go off of the Orencia and go back to the Remicade is that I started having a problem with shaking and trembling in my face and hands. I say don't quit trying to find the right combo of drugs. Hope the Orencia is a dream come true for you. Have a great day. Bettykellnlisa <kellnlisa@...> wrote: Hi everyone, I have had RA for 12 years and have tried many different drugs and haven't found one that works for me. My doc has scheduled my first "Orencia" treatment for next week. Is anyone familiar with this drug? I am always scared when starting a new drugs, when finding out this one an infusion, i was terrified. I would greatly appreciate any info. It's fairly new and there doesn't seem to be a lot people taking it. I have been on many different drugs, if i can share any knowledge i would be more than happy to. Sure could use some support and new friends that can relate to what i have to go through everyday.Thanks Again,

Don't be flakey. Get for Mobile and always stay connected to friends.

Guest guest

Hi , This is Steph in VA. I'm 29 and have had RA since 1999. I take Prednisone, Ibuprofen, Azulfidine, Flexerill, Folic Acid, Methotrexate & Remicade. I've been on Remicade, another IV for 6 years and have responded well. I tried Enbrel for awhile but it didn't work. Like Harold mentioned, I like the fact that Remicade is an infusion. I get it every 6 weeks and then don't have to worry about it. I've never had a reaction. I live in Charlottesville, VA which is home to the University of Virginia. They currently have 3 Arthritis Foundation funded researchers as well as loads of clinical trials. Several of my Foundation friends were in the trials for Orencia and did really well on it. Orencia & Rituxan, the 2 newest biologics, are recommended for those that have tried the others and didn't respond well or became tolerant. Take care, Steph in VA P.S. I'm sorry if this is a little rambling. I had 2 of my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday so I'm on Percocet kellnlisa <kellnlisa@...> wrote: Hi everyone, I have had RA for 12 years and have tried many different drugs and haven't found one that works for me. My doc has scheduled my first "Orencia" treatment for next

week. Is anyone familiar with this drug? I am always scared when starting a new drugs, when finding out this one an infusion, i was terrified. I would greatly appreciate any info. It's fairly new and there doesn't seem to be a lot people taking it. I have been on many different drugs, if i can share any knowledge i would be more than happy to. Sure could use some support and new friends that can relate to what i have to go through everyday.Thanks Again, . ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Join us Saturday May 5th at UVA's Stadium for the Charlottesville Arthritis Walk! Visit www.arthritiswalkcharlottesville.kintera.org to join a team or start a new one. Proceeds from the Walk go to research and programs for people living with arthritis through the Arthritis Foundation (www.arthritis.org). . "Never underestimate the power of a small, dedicated group of people to

change the world -- indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." (Margaret Mead)

Don't pick lemons.

See all the new 2007 cars at Autos.

Guest guest

- Feel better soon. I found out last year that I have NO wisdom teeth. Weird Huh. I feel for anyone who has to have them out. Swish with that salty water and pop those Percocet. Hugs, Deborah

On 3/24/07, DeNicola- <stephdenicola@...> wrote:

Hi ,

This is Steph in VA. I'm 29 and have had RA since 1999. I take Prednisone, Ibuprofen, Azulfidine, Flexerill, Folic Acid, Methotrexate & Remicade. I've been on Remicade, another IV for 6 years and have responded well. I tried Enbrel for awhile but it didn't work. Like Harold mentioned, I like the fact that Remicade is an infusion. I get it every 6 weeks and then don't have to worry about it. I've never had a reaction. I live in Charlottesville, VA which is home to the University of Virginia. They currently have 3 Arthritis Foundation funded researchers as well as loads of clinical trials. Several of my Foundation friends were in the trials for Orencia and did really well on it. Orencia & Rituxan, the 2 newest biologics, are recommended for those that have tried the others and didn't respond well or became tolerant.

Take care,

Steph in VA

P.S. I'm sorry if this is a little rambling. I had 2 of my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday so I'm on Percocet

kellnlisa <kellnlisa@...> wrote:

Hi everyone, I have had RA for 12 years and have tried many different drugs and haven't found one that works for me. My doc has scheduled my first " Orencia " treatment for next week. Is anyone familiar with this drug? I am always scared when starting a new drugs, when finding out this one an infusion, i was terrified. I would greatly appreciate any info. It's fairly new and there doesn't seem to be a lot people taking it. I have been on many different drugs, if i can share any knowledge i would be more than happy to. Sure could use some support and new friends that can relate to what i have to go through everyday.

Thanks Again,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Join us Saturday May 5th at UVA's Stadium for the Charlottesville Arthritis Walk!

Visit www.arthritiswalkcharlottesville.kintera.org

to join a team or start a new one. Proceeds from the Walk go to research and programs for people living with arthritis through the Arthritis Foundation (

www.arthritis.org). .

" Never underestimate the power of a small, dedicated group of people to change the world -- indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. " (Margaret Mead)

Don't pick lemons.See all the

new 2007 cars at Autos.