RemedySpot.com

RE:Hello Everyone...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hey Grandpa Van, How are you? I haven't seen you reply lately. I was just talking to my hubby about you. Take care, Steph :)Harold Van Tuyl <hvantuyl@...> wrote: Welcome to the group. I’ve not tried Orencia because I’m doing well with Methotrexate

and Remicade. My Remicade infusions take about three hours every 8 weeks and twice while I was getting my infusion someone came in for Orencia. They were in and out in about half an hour and seemed to be quite pleased with their success. I hope it works well for you. I’ve had about 33 infusions with Remicade and I don’t think of it as a big deal. It’s about like drawing blood to get the infusion started and then it’s just waiting till the infusion is finished. I’ve not had any problems after the infusions and only had problems during the infusion three times when they tried to go too fast. I’m 79 years old and have had RA since December 2001. I’m well controlled with my medications and I hope you have similar luck. God bless. From: Rheumatoid Arthritis [mailto:Rheumatoid Arthritis ] On Behalf Of kellnlisaSent: Saturday, March 24, 2007 12:26 AMRheumatoid Arthritis Subject: [sPAM] Hello Everyone... Good Morning,New to group and hopeing to meet some new friends that can relate to what i have to go through every day of my life. I was diagnosed with RA in 1994 at the age of 32.

That was 12 long years ago, but have learned to go cope with this very dibilitating disease. I have been through many doctors and medications and haven't found anything that seems to work for me.I am in the advanced stage, severe pain, fatgue, and depression. My doc is starting me on "ORENCIA", and i'm scared to death. Is anyone familiar with this drug? My first treatment is next week, an infusion done outpatient. Ant info would be greatly appreciated.I will be glad to share my support and experiences that i have had to any one that needs a friend as well. Thanks very much, i haven't been to any of the groups until now and would appreciate any input you can offer. Have a great weekend, ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Join us Saturday May 5th at UVA's Stadium for the Charlottesville Arthritis Walk! Visit www.arthritiswalkcharlottesville.kintera.org to join a team or start a new one. Proceeds from the Walk go to research and programs for people living with arthritis through the Arthritis Foundation (www.arthritis.org). . "Never underestimate the power of a small, dedicated group of people to

change the world -- indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." (Margaret Mead)

Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection. Try the free Beta.

Guest guest

ive just been diagnosed with ra and have it in my hands and arms but not bad - im on mx -im71and wonder does this progress quickly and get worse or not - they want me to do remicadeor humira and im hesitate because i dont hurt all that bad right now just no energy

----- Original Message -----

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2007 5:18 PM

Subject: RE:Hello Everyone...

Hey Grandpa Van,

How are you? I haven't seen you reply lately. I was just talking to my hubby about you.

Take care,

Steph :)Harold Van Tuyl <hvantuylcharter (DOT) net> wrote:

Welcome to the group. I’ve not tried Orencia because I’m doing well with Methotrexate and Remicade. My Remicade infusions take about three hours every 8 weeks and twice while I was getting my infusion someone came in for Orencia. They were in and out in about half an hour and seemed to be quite pleased with their success. I hope it works well for you.

I’ve had about 33 infusions with Remicade and I don’t think of it as a big deal. It’s about like drawing blood to get the infusion started and then it’s just waiting till the infusion is finished. I’ve not had any problems after the infusions and only had problems during the infusion three times when they tried to go too fast.

I’m 79 years old and have had RA since December 2001. I’m well controlled with my medications and I hope you have similar luck. God bless.

From: Rheumatoid Arthritis [mailto:Rheumatoid Arthritis ] On Behalf Of kellnlisaSent: Saturday, March 24, 2007 12:26 AMRheumatoid Arthritis Subject: [sPAM] Hello Everyone...

Good Morning,New to group and hopeing to meet some new friends that can relate to what i have to go through every day of my life. I was diagnosed with RA in 1994 at the age of 32. That was 12 long years ago, but have learned to go cope with this very dibilitating disease. I have been through many doctors and medications and haven't found anything that seems to work for me.I am in the advanced stage, severe pain, fatgue, and depression. My doc is starting me on "ORENCIA", and i'm scared to death. Is anyone familiar with this drug? My first treatment is next week, an infusion done outpatient. Ant info would be greatly appreciated.I will be glad to share my support and experiences that i have had to any one that needs a friend as well. Thanks very much, i haven't been to any of the groups until now and would appreciate any input you can offer. Have a great weekend,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Join us Saturday May 5th at UVA's Stadium for the Charlottesville Arthritis Walk!

Visit www.arthritiswalkcharlottesville.kintera.org to join a team or start a new one. Proceeds from the Walk go to research and programs for people living with arthritis through the Arthritis Foundation (www.arthritis.org). .

"Never underestimate the power of a small, dedicated group of people to change the world -- indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." (Margaret Mead)

Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection.Try the free Beta.

Guest guest

RA is highly individual and may develop

very rapidly or may even go away. The modern preferred treatment is to be

aggressive early and then when things are better controlled try to back off the

medications. Joint damage can become permanent so we try to avoid

that. The most likely outcome will be that your RA remains manageable but

the unlikely chance that you will have permanent damage is so harmful that we

usually try to be aggressive with early treatment. At 71 you are still

young (I’m 79). I recommend one of the biologics and it’s

your choice of which. I’m on Remicade successfully. God

bless.

From: Rheumatoid Arthritis [mailto:Rheumatoid Arthritis ] On Behalf Of jeanneteter

Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2007

3:49 PM

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Subject: Re:

RE:Hello Everyone...

ive just been diagnosed with ra and have it in my hands and

arms but not bad - im on mx -im71and wonder does this progress quickly and get

worse or not - they want me to do remicadeor humira and im hesitate because i

dont hurt all that bad right now just no energy

__