RemedySpot.com

Re: Nausea from Methotrexate, can't stop taking it, in a Drug Study. HELP!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Try taking ginger root pills. They help me. I take 10 methotrexate and I split the pills 5 with dinner and 5 before I go to bed. That also seems to help.

Vicki

----- Original Message ----From: yasdnilnoyl <yasdnilnoyl@...>Rheumatoid Arthritis Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 2:23:31 PMSubject: Nausea from Methotrexate, can't stop taking it, in a Drug Study. HELP!!

Hey! I was diagnosed with RA about a year and a half ago. I have beenin this drug study from the beginning. I have to take Methotrexate init, but for the past 4-5 months i get really really nauseous for 3 daysafter I take it! I'm to the point now where if I even THINK abouttaking it my stomach turns. I know that part's psychological, but thephysical reaction is VERY real.It's interfereing with my life. I have a hard time working because Ifeel so sick all the time. All my Dr has suggested is splitting up thepills, but that hasn't helped. I also tried some anti-nausea pillsprescribed by my Dr, but they only helped a little & made me VERY VERYtired.Will the nausea pass after a while? Or does anyone have any othersuggestions? Thank you! I'd really appreciate some advice!!

Get your own web address. Have a HUGE year through Small Business.

Guest guest

Hello all, When I started taking methotrexate (12.5 mg) last March, I had really naussea and I was feeling so exhausted. However, my doctor at that time told me that this is only at the beginning. Even the day of Methotrexate was a burden because I know I would be so exhausted after. However, now I take it and continue my whole activities normally and with no problem. Yesterday was my dose, I took it and then I had a quick nap, then I went shopping. Good luck, Mostafa.Vicki Hoyt <dvhoyt@...> wrote: Try taking ginger root pills. They help me. I take 10 methotrexate and I split the pills 5 with dinner and 5 before I go to bed. That also seems to help. Vicki ----- Original Message ----From: yasdnilnoyl <yasdnilnoyl >Rheumatoid Arthritis Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 2:23:31 PMSubject: Nausea from Methotrexate, can't stop taking it, in a Drug Study. HELP!! Hey! I was diagnosed with

RA about a year and a half ago. I have beenin this drug study from the beginning. I have to take Methotrexate init, but for the past 4-5 months i get really really nauseous for 3 daysafter I take it! I'm to the point now where if I even THINK abouttaking it my stomach turns. I know that part's psychological, but thephysical reaction is VERY real.It's interfereing with my life. I have a hard time working because Ifeel so sick all the time. All my Dr has suggested is splitting up thepills, but that hasn't helped. I also tried some anti-nausea pillsprescribed by my Dr, but they only helped a little & made me VERY VERYtired.Will the nausea pass after a while? Or does anyone have any othersuggestions? Thank you! I'd really appreciate some advice!! Get your own web address.Have a HUGE year through Small Business.

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q&A.

Guest guest

MTX is a chemotherapy drug. It does cause nausea in many many people also severe fatigue. I take mine at night. You might consider taking cyclosporine instead. It might be much better tolerated. Psychological is not even partly to blame here. You have mentioned how much you are on. I take two pills before bed once a week and sleep through the nausea. Good Luck, Deborah

On 3/16/07, yasdnilnoyl <yasdnilnoyl@...> wrote:

Hey! I was diagnosed with RA about a year and a half ago. I have beenin this drug study from the beginning. I have to take Methotrexate init, but for the past 4-5 months i get really really nauseous for 3 days

after I take it! I'm to the point now where if I even THINK abouttaking it my stomach turns. I know that part's psychological, but thephysical reaction is VERY real.It's interfereing with my life. I have a hard time working because I

feel so sick all the time. All my Dr has suggested is splitting up thepills, but that hasn't helped. I also tried some anti-nausea pillsprescribed by my Dr, but they only helped a little & made me VERY VERY

tired.Will the nausea pass after a while? Or does anyone have any othersuggestions? Thank you! I'd really appreciate some advice!!

Guest guest

MTX is a chemotherapy drug. It does cause nausea in many many people also severe fatigue. I take mine at night. You might consider taking cyclosporine instead. It might be much better tolerated. Psychological is not even partly to blame here. You have mentioned how much you are on. I take two pills before bed once a week and sleep through the nausea. Good Luck, Deborah

On 3/16/07, yasdnilnoyl <yasdnilnoyl > wrote:

Hey! I was diagnosed with RA about a year and a half ago. I have beenin this drug study from the beginning. I have to take Methotrexate init, but for the past 4-5 months i get really really nauseous for 3 days after I take it! I'm to the point now where if I even THINK abouttaking it my stomach turns. I know that part's psychological, but thephysical reaction is VERY real.It's interfereing with my life. I have a hard time working because I feel so sick all the time. All my Dr has suggested is splitting up thepills, but that hasn't helped. I also tried some anti-nausea pillsprescribed by my Dr, but they only helped a little & made me VERY VERY tired.Will the nausea pass after a while? Or does anyone have any othersuggestions? Thank you! I'd really appreciate some advice!!

Guest guest

I don't know if this will help, but my daughter has to

take folic acid on the days she doesn't have her MTX

shot, it does help her with the nausea.

--- snooksmama@... wrote:

> I take my MTX by injection because I couldn't

> tolerate it by mouth. Its a

> breeze and I don't have the nausea and diarrhea like

> I used to. It is

> also better absorbed by injection than it is orally,

> so you get a better

> effect. Just my 2 cents!

>

>

> On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 05:42:58 -0300 " Deborah Bargad "

> <dbargad@...>

> writes:

> MTX is a chemotherapy drug. It does cause nausea in

> many many people

> also severe fatigue. I take mine at night. You

> might consider taking

> cyclosporine instead. It might be much better

> tolerated. Psychological

> is not even partly to blame here. You have

> mentioned how much you are

> on. I take two pills before bed once a week and

> sleep through the

> nausea. Good Luck, Deborah

>

>

> On 3/16/07, yasdnilnoyl <yasdnilnoyl@...>

> wrote:

> Hey! I was diagnosed with RA about a year and a half

> ago. I have been

> in this drug study from the beginning. I have to

> take Methotrexate in

> it, but for the past 4-5 months i get really really

> nauseous for 3 days

> after I take it! I'm to the point now where if I

> even THINK about

> taking it my stomach turns. I know that part's

> psychological, but the

> physical reaction is VERY real.

> It's interfereing with my life. I have a hard time

> working because I

> feel so sick all the time. All my Dr has suggested

> is splitting up the

> pills, but that hasn't helped. I also tried some

> anti-nausea pills

> prescribed by my Dr, but they only helped a little &

> made me VERY VERY

> tired.

> Will the nausea pass after a while? Or does anyone

> have any other

> suggestions? Thank you! I'd really appreciate some

> advice!!

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

my doctor toldme to take methotrevate before going to bed and i never have been sick i drink a glass of milk wait a little then take them with a glass o fwater

----- Original Message -----

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 1:02 AM

Subject: Re: Nausea from Methotrexate, can't stop taking it, in a Drug Study. HELP!!

Hello all,

When I started taking methotrexate (12.5 mg) last March, I had really naussea and I was feeling so exhausted. However, my doctor at that time told me that this is only at the beginning. Even the day of Methotrexate was a burden because I know I would be so exhausted after. However, now I take it and continue my whole activities normally and with no problem. Yesterday was my dose, I took it and then I had a quick nap, then I went shopping.

Good luck,

Mostafa.Vicki Hoyt <dvhoyt > wrote:

Try taking ginger root pills. They help me. I take 10 methotrexate and I split the pills 5 with dinner and 5 before I go to bed. That also seems to help.

Vicki

----- Original Message ----From: yasdnilnoyl <yasdnilnoyl >Rheumatoid Arthritis Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 2:23:31 PMSubject: Nausea from Methotrexate, can't stop taking it, in a Drug Study. HELP!!

Hey! I was diagnosed with RA about a year and a half ago. I have beenin this drug study from the beginning. I have to take Methotrexate init, but for the past 4-5 months i get really really nauseous for 3 daysafter I take it! I'm to the point now where if I even THINK abouttaking it my stomach turns. I know that part's psychological, but thephysical reaction is VERY real.It's interfereing with my life. I have a hard time working because Ifeel so sick all the time. All my Dr has suggested is splitting up thepills, but that hasn't helped. I also tried some anti-nausea pillsprescribed by my Dr, but they only helped a little & made me VERY VERYtired.Will the nausea pass after a while? Or does anyone have any othersuggestions? Thank you! I'd really appreciate some advice!!

Get your own web address.Have a HUGE year through Small Business.

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q & A.

Guest guest

i take mx before i go to bed and ive never been sick

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 3:23 PM

Subject: Nausea from Methotrexate, can't stop taking it, in a Drug Study. HELP!!

Guest guest

And I took it before going to bed and was sick for 3 days. Then I started splitting the dosage taking 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 at night and was sick for 2-3 days. I finally stopped taking it - I just couldn't take the side effects anymore. What we've learned is that every drug effects everyone differently.

A number of us are talking about fatigue and Humira but it's not listed as a side effect and my doctor was surprised when I said the fatigue started within a day of my first injection. You just never know how something's going to hit you (or someone else). I hope Yasdnilnoyl can find something to help.

On 3/22/07, jeanneteter <jeanneteter@...> wrote:

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Subject: Nausea from Methotrexate, can't stop taking it, in a Drug Study. HELP!!

Guest guest

I stay sick for 2-3 days. Not overwhelmingly, but fatigued and run down and slightly naseuated.

Guest guest

I delved into medical journals about the chemotherapy options and their effects. I found some very interesting facts I thought I would share with everyone and a link also. I thought that MTX was to help my remicade work better and dampen my immune system. Not so. MTX targets cancer cells which attack they body. Well our hyperactive white blood cells attack us so the MTX acts on killing them as they would a cancer cell. Unfortunately it also gives us the same side effects and over time (MTX for 13 years) off and on, my blood is tired. Whether cyclophosphamide, Imuran or MTX, they all work to kill abnormal cells caused by an immune disorder. They all work differently. I also found cutting edge research by the arthritis foundation which is making strides in isolating proteins and enzymes that start the inflammation process. I am going to forward the link which has the best information on medications and how they work for us I have found yet. I can go to my RD armed with knowledge and ask what my next option is. I tend to push the boundaries of treatments combining other therapies. Hugs to all, Deborah.

On 3/23/07, Evaristo Lito Sandoval <elsandoval@...> wrote:

I stay sick for 2-3 days. Not overwhelmingly, but fatigued and run down and slightly naseuated.

Guest guest

Remember that this is a chemistry journal for doctors but try and pick out the things that make sense to you, not specifically the chemical talk but the explanations. Write down some of the drugs and google them to understand them a bit more. When you get to the chemotherapy drugs, read up and read on. http://www.chemistrydaily.com/chemistry/Immunosuppressant

On 3/23/07, Deborah Bargad <dbargad@...> wrote:

I delved into medical journals about the chemotherapy options and their effects. I found some very interesting facts I thought I would share with everyone and a link also. I thought that MTX was to help my remicade work better and dampen my immune system. Not so. MTX targets cancer cells which attack they body. Well our hyperactive white blood cells attack us so the MTX acts on killing them as they would a cancer cell. Unfortunately it also gives us the same side effects and over time (MTX for 13 years) off and on, my blood is tired. Whether cyclophosphamide, Imuran or MTX, they all work to kill abnormal cells caused by an immune disorder. They all work differently. I also found cutting edge research by the arthritis foundation which is making strides in isolating proteins and enzymes that start the inflammation process. I am going to forward the link which has the best information on medications and how they work for us I have found yet. I can go to my RD armed with knowledge and ask what my next option is. I tend to push the boundaries of treatments combining other therapies. Hugs to all, Deborah.

On 3/23/07, Evaristo Lito Sandoval <elsandoval@...

> wrote:

Guest guest

I think a lot of it depends on how much you take also. I talk 10 pills so that is a lot. I split them up, 1/2 at supper, 1/2 before bed. I get nauseaus for one to two days and fatigue for two days. When I took all 10 at night, I would throw up the next day and not be able to eat much and sleep most of the day.

The ginger pills I take are helping. The nausea isn't as bad as it used to be.

Vicki

----- Original Message ----From: jeanneteter <jeanneteter@...>Rheumatoid Arthritis Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:40:05 PMSubject: Re: Nausea from Methotrexate, can't stop taking it, in a Drug Study. HELP!!

rheumatoid_arthriti sgroups (DOT) com

Subject: [rheumatoid_ arthritis] Nausea from Methotrexate, can't stop taking it, in a Drug Study. HELP!!

No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go with for Mobile. Get started.

Guest guest

I'll have to try ginger pills. I take 8 pills a week.-----Original Message-----

Sent: Mar 23, 2007 6:46 AM

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Subject: Re: Nausea from Methotrexate, can't stop taking it, in a Drug Study. HELP!!

I think a lot of it depends on how much you take also. I talk 10 pills so that is a lot. I split them up, 1/2 at supper, 1/2 before bed. I get nauseaus for one to two days and fatigue for two days. When I took all 10 at night, I would throw up the next day and not be able to eat much and sleep most of the day.

Vicki

----- Original Message ----From: jeanneteter <jeannetetersbcglobal (DOT) net>Rheumatoid Arthritis Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:40:05 PMSubject: Re: Nausea from Methotrexate, can't stop taking it, in a Drug Study. HELP!!

Subject: [rheumatoid_ arthritis] Nausea from Methotrexate, can't stop taking it, in a Drug Study. HELP!!

Guest guest

Hi can you tell me how many mg in the 10 pills you take ...here in australia i get my methotrexate in 10 mg tablets i now take 2 and a half tablets on sat or 25mg

thanks Merol

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 9:46 PM

Vicki

----- Original Message ----From: jeanneteter <jeanneteter@...>Rheumatoid Arthritis Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:40:05 PMSubject: Re: Nausea from Methotrexate, can't stop taking it, in a Drug Study. HELP!!

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.17/730 - Release Date: 3/22/07 7:44 AM

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.17/730 - Release Date: 3/22/07 7:44 AM

Guest guest

HI Merol... I take 8 tablets a week and mine come in 2.5 mg each. So its taking 20 mg. My sister works in a pharmacy and she said that 25mg is the most you can take without taking the counteraction tablet to boost your white blood cells back up, which is usually given to cancer paitents. Merol <mezza74@...> wrote: Hi can you tell me how many mg in the 10

pills you take ...here in australia i get my methotrexate in 10 mg tablets i now take 2 and a half tablets on sat or 25mg thanks Merol ----- Original Message ----- From: Vicki Hoyt Rheumatoid Arthritis Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 9:46 PM Subject: Re: Nausea from Methotrexate, can't stop taking it, in a Drug Study. HELP!! I think a lot of it depends on how much you take also. I talk 10 pills so that is a lot. I split them up, 1/2 at supper, 1/2 before bed. I get nauseaus for one to two days and fatigue for two days. When I took all 10 at night, I would throw up the next day and not be able to eat much and sleep most of the day. The ginger pills I take are helping. The nausea isn't as bad as it used to be. Vicki ----- Original

Message ----From: jeanneteter <jeannetetersbcglobal (DOT) net>Rheumatoid Arthritis Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:40:05 PMSubject: Re: Nausea from Methotrexate, can't stop taking it, in a Drug Study. HELP!! i take mx before i go to bed and ive never been sick ----- Original Message ----- From: yasdnilnoyl rheumatoid_arthriti sgroups (DOT) com Sent:

Friday, March 16, 2007 3:23 PM Subject: [rheumatoid_ arthritis] Nausea from Methotrexate, can't stop taking it, in a Drug Study. HELP!! Hey! I was diagnosed with RA about a year and a half ago. I have beenin this drug study from the beginning. I have to take Methotrexate init, but for the past 4-5 months i get really really nauseous for 3 daysafter I take it! I'm to the point now where if I even THINK abouttaking it my stomach turns. I know that part's psychological, but thephysical reaction is VERY real.It's interfereing with my life. I have a hard time working because Ifeel so sick all the time. All my Dr has suggested is splitting up thepills, but that hasn't helped. I also tried some anti-nausea pillsprescribed by my Dr, but they only helped a little & made me VERY VERYtired.Will the nausea pass after a while? Or does anyone have

any othersuggestions? Thank you! I'd really appreciate some advice!! No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go with for Mobile. Get started. No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.17/730 - Release Date: 3/22/07 7:44 AM No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.17/730 - Release Date: 3/22/07 7:44 AM

Don't pick lemons.

See all the new 2007 cars at Autos.

Guest guest

I take 10 pills. They are 2.5 mg each for a total of 25 mg. I should ask for the higher dose pills so I don't have to take so many pills.

Vicki

----- Original Message ----From: Merol <mezza74@...>Rheumatoid Arthritis Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 7:22:41 PMSubject: Re: Nausea from Methotrexate, can't stop taking it, in a Drug Study. HELP!!

Hi can you tell me how many mg in the 10 pills you take ...here in australia i get my methotrexate in 10 mg tablets i now take 2 and a half tablets on sat or 25mg

thanks Merol

Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 9:46 PM

Subject: Re: [rheumatoid_ arthritis] Nausea from Methotrexate, can't stop taking it, in a Drug Study. HELP!!

Vicki

----- Original Message ----From: jeanneteter <jeanneteter@ sbcglobal. net>rheumatoid_arthriti sgroups (DOT) comSent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:40:05 PMSubject: Re: [rheumatoid_ arthritis] Nausea from Methotrexate, can't stop taking it, in a Drug Study. HELP!!

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.17/730 - Release Date: 3/22/07 7:44 AM

No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.17/730 - Release Date: 3/22/07 7:44 AM

Don't get soaked. Take a quick peek at the forecast with the Search weather shortcut.

Guest guest

hi every1 i use to take methotrexate it was making me bleed between my month and i use to see spots so i ask my dr if i could stop it i was only three pills but cuz i'm very tiny he sayed it was ok he was worried.i'm getting remiade now i'm starting fell better.i justed had my fourth treatmeant of it.i'm moving around better now.i've had it since 98.i'm only 1 in my family with r a. Vicki Hoyt <dvhoyt@...> wrote: I take 10 pills. They are 2.5 mg each for a total of 25 mg. I should ask for the higher dose pills so I don't have to take so many pills. Vicki ----- Original Message ----From: Merol <mezza74westnet.au>Rheumatoid Arthritis Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 7:22:41 PMSubject: Re: Nausea from Methotrexate, can't stop taking it, in a Drug Study. HELP!! Hi can you tell me how many mg in the 10 pills you take ...here in australia i get my methotrexate in 10 mg tablets i now take 2 and a half tablets on sat or 25mg thanks Merol ----- Original Message ----- From: Vicki Hoyt rheumatoid_arthriti sgroups (DOT) com Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 9:46 PM Subject: Re: [rheumatoid_ arthritis] Nausea from Methotrexate,

can't stop taking it, in a Drug Study. HELP!! I think a lot of it depends on how much you take also. I talk 10 pills so that is a lot. I split them up, 1/2 at supper, 1/2 before bed. I get nauseaus for one to two days and fatigue for two days. When I took all 10 at night, I would throw up the next day and not be able to eat much and sleep most of the day. The ginger pills I take are helping. The nausea isn't as bad as it used to be. Vicki ----- Original Message ----From: jeanneteter <jeanneteter@ sbcglobal. net>rheumatoid_arthriti sgroups (DOT) comSent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:40:05 PMSubject: Re: [rheumatoid_ arthritis] Nausea from Methotrexate, can't stop taking it, in a Drug Study. HELP!! i take mx before i go to bed and ive never been sick ----- Original Message ----- From: yasdnilnoyl rheumatoid_arthriti sgroups (DOT) com Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 3:23 PM Subject: [rheumatoid_ arthritis] Nausea from Methotrexate, can't stop taking it, in a Drug Study. HELP!! Hey! I was diagnosed with RA about a year and a half ago. I have beenin this drug study from the beginning. I have to take Methotrexate init, but for the past 4-5 months i get really really nauseous for 3 daysafter I take it! I'm to the point now where if I even THINK abouttaking it my stomach turns. I know that part's psychological, but thephysical reaction is VERY real.It's interfereing with my life. I have a hard time working because Ifeel so sick all the time. All my Dr has suggested is splitting up thepills, but that hasn't helped. I also tried some anti-nausea pillsprescribed by my Dr, but they only

helped a little & made me VERY VERYtired.Will the nausea pass after a while? Or does anyone have any othersuggestions? Thank you! I'd really appreciate some advice!! No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go with for Mobile. Get started. No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.17/730 - Release Date:

3/22/07 7:44 AM No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.17/730 - Release Date: 3/22/07 7:44 AM Don't get soaked. Take a quick peek at the forecast with the Search weather shortcut. JACQUELINE E,HOLCOMB

The fish are biting.

Get more visitors on your site using Search Marketing.