RemedySpot.com

Re: Moderator please read Re: about SSI/Deborah

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I found it real offensive. I don't often contribute but I do, read what others have to say. I know I'm going to school and would rather not be on SSD, but it is out there for a reason, and yes those of us with RA and on Social Security Disability are on it for legitimite reasons, and in case they don't know it RA is an autoimmune disease. (I think.) Believe me, I'm not knocking anyone for being on SSD, but I would give my eyeballs (almost) to be working and not living from check to check or wondering if I'm going to have the means to make it through the next month. I just think that was a very mean, disrespectful thing to say and they need to get over themselves. Hugs to everyone, Susie from Indy.cynthiadew1 <cynthiadew1@...> wrote: Would the moderator please read Deron's message and decide if this is the type of messages that are appropriate for this list. I for one find it offensive, and would rather not lose any member who need support with this nasty disease.-- In Rheumatoid Arthritis , "nottarealperson"

<nottarealperson@...> wrote:>> Maybe I don't want to belong to this group. I thought it was about serious> topics. Please remove my name. Thank you.> > -------Original Message-------> > From: Deron Giuliani> Date: 1/29/2007 10:40:51 AM> Rheumatoid Arthritis > Subject: Re: Re: about SSI/Deborah> > The last thing you want to do is try to go out on> Workman's Comp or disability. Don't let RA make a> pussy out of you. You just need to start getting up> earlier so as to be more limber by the time you are to> start work every day. What you really need to do is> is go out there and get yourself a new disease. Yeah,> something cureable. This way, it'll give your body> something to fight besides itself. Herpes

would be> for the person who doesn't want to visit the docrot> all the time. That should keep your immune system> busy for the rest of your life. Or, if you don't want> anything permanaent, go get yourself a case of> chlamydia or ghonnorea, or even syphillis. You can> even rotate your STD's. And, probably give yourself a> break in between. Like 2 weeks of syphillis, then> treatment, and then one week clean, no disease. Just> about the time your body starts to fight itself again,> switch to a new disease like chlamydia. You can> actually harbor this infection longer without much> adverse events, maybe host the big Clamydia for about> 2 months, take 3 antibiotic pills, and bam, onto the> next one. Sounds crazy? It might just be what the> doctor ordered.

Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games.

I read Derons post and I guess even having had RA since 1994 I am still shocked by people and their ignorance of this disease and others like it. Having RA, coping with treatment and the psychological effects I can honestly say it has made me a completely different person. A better, more compassionate person. It have learned to love and respect myself in a way I never had before and to believe in myself when doctors turned me away saying it was all in my head. I know someone who has asthma. It is a chronic and life altering condition and when they have an attack it can be life threatening, but still manage to hold a job and school. I am in awe of this person and I let them know that. To everyone on this board who fights every day with pain and disability, I am so proud of you and admire you so much for pushing on. Taking life for granted is the standard and the normal way for healthy individuals. I am grateful for every single day. Even the small things like turning a door knob or tying my sneakers. Hugs, Deborah

On 1/29/07, cynthiadew1 <cynthiadew1@...> wrote:

Would the moderator please read Deron's message and decide if this is the type of messages that are appropriate for this list. I for one find it offensive, and would rather not lose any member who need

support with this nasty disease.-- In Rheumatoid Arthritis

, " nottarealperson " <nottarealperson@...> wrote:>> Maybe I don't want to belong to this group. I thought it was about serious> topics. Please remove my name. Thank you.

> > -------Original Message-------> > From: Deron Giuliani> Date: 1/29/2007 10:40:51 AM>

Rheumatoid Arthritis > Subject: Re: Re: about SSI/Deborah> > The last thing you want to do is try to go out on> Workman's Comp or disability. Don't let RA make a

> pussy out of you. You just need to start getting up> earlier so as to be more limber by the time you are to> start work every day. What you really need to do is> is go out there and get yourself a new disease. Yeah,

> something cureable. This way, it'll give your body> something to fight besides itself. Herpes would be> for the person who doesn't want to visit the docrot> all the time. That should keep your immune system

> busy for the rest of your life. Or, if you don't want> anything permanaent, go get yourself a case of> chlamydia or ghonnorea, or even syphillis. You can> even rotate your STD's. And, probably give yourself a

> break in between. Like 2 weeks of syphillis, then> treatment, and then one week clean, no disease. Just> about the time your body starts to fight itself again,> switch to a new disease like chlamydia. You can

> actually harbor this infection longer without much> adverse events, maybe host the big Clamydia for about> 2 months, take 3 antibiotic pills, and bam, onto the> next one. Sounds crazy? It might just be what the

> doctor ordered.