RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Deborah you are a blessing!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Gloria- The true gift of love is the love of self. When you decide you love yourself enough and the strength of will and of resolve to quit smoking, You have my complete support. I lost my Mom to Carcinoma due to her overwhelming addtion of cigarettes. While some people have an addictive personality and would find another addiction " like food " to compensate for it, others can quit after 40 years cold turkey like my father did. What no one seems to want to say is that the chemical substances inside the product were confirmed and created to cause absolute physcial dependency as addicting as alcohol and drugs. There are dependency compounds in the tobacco when burned. I think some people are more prone to dependence because of their chemical makeup. The tox screen one of the cigarettes will show are things like arsenic. People say, oh just take some nicorette, but its much more complex than that. Its cleaning the stuff out of your system which stays in your lung tissue for ages and the vessel and muscle constriction lasts for years before reverse effects are fully realized. Here in Maine they have just passed an ordinance that it is against the law to keep a child in a confined space like a car with a smoking passenger. There is a huge reward at the end of the tunnel. Food tastes amazing again and you can smell everything. There is a stage where you can smell the old nicotine everywhere once you have quit and you just want to wash everything including the walls and clothes. Aromatherapy takes on new meaning. While most people do not recommend this, I would use an herbal supplement to help you like passionflower, which calms your nerves or smoke an herbal blend of plant and floral extracts as well as hops (like found in pot) and its completely legal. It does help alot. I had to buy a blend for my DH for stress and for sleep. Its awesome. When I quit I started to chew gum constantly and knit or sewed to keep my hands busy. In order to really stop, you have to have psychological support and other substitutes at hand. My DH's brother in law is 325 pds and he is only 5'7 " . He is a food addict because that is his personality. He has an addictive personality. He smoked two packs a days until he had to have a bypass and then he started in with the food. He could have chosen to eat a pound of carrots but he chose chips and dip instead. My DHs other brother in law suffered a severe bout of panceratitis. He almost died!!! Too much booze and too much fried food. Well, he cant tolerate alcohol anymore or high fat foods. He is on a carefully planned diet and he will never forget the pain he was in. He has bad arthritis erosion not RA but OA. I think with lots of love and (hops) LOL you can get through the trials of smoking. I also can recommend naltrexone. Talk to your doctor about it to help you quit. Its a beta endorphin and is used to help drug and alcohol addiction. Cigarettes are just as addicting and serious. It will make you feel euphoric and during that first cup of coffee in the morning, pop one and viola'''' Gloria is on top of the world. I have resources if you need them. Biggest of Hugs, Deborah

On 2/2/07, glokay20022002 <glokay20022002@...> wrote:

Hi ,

I completely agree with you. I think that the whole group feels the same way. This group is so very blessed to have Deborah. She is the group Guardian Angel, and it gives me comfort knowing that if I have a question or concern, she is always there with an answer, or she finds a website that may have the answer we need. She goes above and beyond for every person in this group.

And Deborah, if you are reading this, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I pray for you each and every day because this group is so very blessed to have you.

Harold, if you are reading this, I do thank you also. You are always there when everyone is having a problem understanding this disease. I hope that you are doing ok because we haven't heard from you in a while. My prayers are with you also.

How many of you are ready for this winter to be over? I have felt like I'm 100 years old since Christmas!! The winter has been brutal here in Ok.!

I have set a " quit smoking day " for the 6th. Please keep me in your prayers, and my husband too, coz I do not know how easy I am gonna be to live with!! lol

Hugs from Ok.,

Gloria

It is really not very well understood by those who> haven't> > > > experienced

> > > > it, is it.> > > >> > > > Ardeith writes: I watched my mother struggle with RA from the time> > > I was> > > > about ten years old. She was one of those people who wasn't going

> > > to admit> > > > she could not do something, and she did her joints a lot of> > > damage......back> > > > in the 50's and 60's when the medications were much less helpful.

> > > She wept> > > > when I was diagnosed in '72. Then sat me down and told me what> she had> > > > learned the hard way..... which was a big help to me as I didn't

> have to> > > > repeat her mistakes.....> > > > Ardy> > > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > ------------------------------

> > > Need Mail bonding?> > > Go to the > Q & A<http://answers.

/dir/index;_ylc=X3oDMTFvbGNhMGE3BF9TAzM5NjU0NTEwOARfcwMzOTY1NDUxMDMEc2VjA21haWxfdGFnbGluZQRzbGsDbWFpbF90YWcx?link=ask & sid=396546091>for> great> > > tips from > Answers<

http://answers./

dir/index;_ylc=X3oDMTFvbGNhMGE3BF9TAzM5NjU0NTEwOARfcwMzOTY1NDUxMDMEc2VjA21haWxfdGFnbGluZQRzbGsDbWFpbF90YWcx?link=ask & sid=396546091>users.> > >> > > > > >> >>