RemedySpot.com

Re: My daughter's pain

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Maybe you can get her involed with our group here , or show her some pics of pepole that had this before the better meds or that the meds didn't help so well I know this is a harsh way with the pics but sometimes we have to do what it takes . But frist off I would try just talking with her , maybe getting a subcrition from arthritious today for you and her frist . And even at that some people still want do anything my sister has it badly but want treat it because she thinks the meds has hurt me and mommy , my mom is so deformed by it it's so sad she's had it before the better meds me I've got it ans OA with severe spinal arthritis allso and other imune issues with the RA. But don't

give up she really needs to see a rhumy not a GP. ----- Original Message ----From: glokay20022002 <glokay20022002@...>Rheumatoid Arthritis Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 7:21:31 AMSubject: My daughter's pain

Hi everyone,

My daughter (32) has some pain in one of her fingers. She said that it felt as though she jammed it, but did not remember doing so. I looked at her little hands, and they look arthritic to me. She is very tiny with a small bone structure, and I am so afraid that she is in the beginning stages of this horrible thing.She says for me not to worry because it is getting a little better. My question is: how do I make her understand how important it is to go get herself checked out. I know that there has been several times that she has been in pain, but is the kind of person that never complains and she doesn't go to the doc unless she is about to drop. I just need some ideas coming from someone else besides me because she just thinks that I am a worry wart. lol

I had to go to the allergist yesterday and found out that I am allergic to my dog!! How awful is that!!! Just had to get some whining in there myself.

Hugs from Ok.,

Gloria

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Thank you so much for the response. My plan is to get as many suggestions as I can and forward all them to her with your permission of course.

You are all such a great support group. I hope that everyone here stays with this group rather than the other one that was suggested a while back. I really like everyone here and I hate to see it end.

Hugs from Ok.

Gloria>> Maybe you can get her involed with our group here , or show her some pics of pepole that had this before the better meds or that the meds didn't help so well I know this is a harsh way with the pics but sometimes we have to do what it takes . But frist off I would try just talking with her , maybe getting a subcrition from arthritious today for you and her frist . And even at that some people still want do anything my sister has it badly but want treat it because she thinks the meds has hurt me and mommy , my mom is so deformed by it it's so sad she's had it before the better meds me I've got it ans OA with severe spinal arthritis allso and other imune issues with the RA. But don't give up she really needs to see a rhumy not a GP.> > > ----- Original Message ----> From: glokay20022002 glokay20022002@...> Rheumatoid Arthritis > Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 7:21:31 AM> Subject: My daughter's pain> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hi everyone,> > My daughter (32) has some pain in one of her fingers. She said that it felt as though she jammed it, but did not remember doing so. I looked at her little hands, and they look arthritic to me. She is very tiny with a small bone structure, and I am so afraid that she is in the beginning stages of this horrible thing.She says for me not to worry because it is getting a little better. My question is: how do I make her understand how important it is to go get herself checked out. I know that there has been several times that she has been in pain, but is the kind of person that never complains and she doesn't go to the doc unless she is about to drop. I just need some ideas coming from someone else besides me because she just thinks that I am a worry wart. lol> > I had to go to the allergist yesterday and found out that I am allergic to my dog!! How awful is that!!! Just had to get some whining in there myself.> > Hugs from Ok.,> > Gloria > > > > > > > > > > > > <!--> > #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}> #ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}> #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}> #ygrp-mlmsg pre, code {font:115% monospace;}> #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}> #ygrp-text{> font-family:Georgia;> }> #ygrp-text p{> margin:0 0 1em 0;}> #ygrp-tpmsgs{> font-family:Arial;> clear:both;}> #ygrp-vitnav{> padding-top:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;margin:0;}> #ygrp-vitnav a{> padding:0 1px;}> #ygrp-actbar{> clear:both;margin:25px 0;white-space:nowrap;color:#666;text-align:right;}> #ygrp-actbar .left{> float:left;white-space:nowrap;}> .bld{font-weight:bold;}> #ygrp-grft{> font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;padding:15px 0;}> #ygrp-ft{> font-family:verdana;font-size:77%;border-top:1px solid #666;> padding:5px 0;> }> #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{> padding-bottom:10px;}> > #ygrp-vital{> background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:2px 0 8px 8px;}> #ygrp-vital #vithd{> font-size:77%;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:bold;color:#333;text-transform:uppercase;}> #ygrp-vital ul{> padding:0;margin:2px 0;}> #ygrp-vital ul li{> list-style-type:none;clear:both;border:1px solid #e0ecee;> }> #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{> font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;float:right;width:2em;text-align:right;padding-right:.5em;}> #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{> font-weight:bold;}> #ygrp-vital a {> text-decoration:none;}> > #ygrp-vital a:hover{> text-decoration:underline;}> > #ygrp-sponsor #hd{> color:#999;font-size:77%;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov{> padding:6px 13px;background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{> padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{> list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;font-size:77%;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{> text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}> #ygrp-sponsor #nc {> background-color:#eee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:0 8px;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad{> padding:8px 0;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{> font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold;color:#628c2a;font-size:100%;line-height:122%;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{> text-decoration:none;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{> text-decoration:underline;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{> margin:0;}> o {font-size:0;}> .MsoNormal {> margin:0 0 0 0;}> #ygrp-text tt{> font-size:120%;}> blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}> .replbq {margin:4;}> -->> > > > > > > > __________________________________________________>

Guest guest

Hi Gloria, That is two of my fears LOL. I just came home from vacation with my family and all of the sudden my allergys feel horrible again. I hope its not my dog. She is like family. The other is one of my kids ending up having to deal with this disease. Have you tried just asking her to just get some blood work done to make you feel better. Tell her that you worry about it because it is genetic. I hope that she realizes the earlier you catch this disease the better treatment will work. I am 35 and my kids are 12 and 6 and my son (12) complains sometimes and it worries me. If he ever had any real signs he would be in the doctors for blood work ASAP. I was diagnosed when I was 25 and it took my sister getting sick of seeing me limping and looking in so much pain when I moved that she made

the appt. for me and took me and told me I couldnt argue. LOL. SISTERS!!! Gotta love em! I am thankful she did. I guess I knew for over a year that I had RA because I researched the pain that I was having and thats the only thing that I could relate myself with. I probably shouldnt have waited so long. But I'm am doing well know. I guess thats what matters. If I was you I would beg, plead and cry. Just to get her to get a blood test done. Thats that simple and then you could leave her alone about it after that. Good Luck in Michiganglokay20022002 <glokay20022002@...> wrote: Hi everyone, My daughter (32) has some pain in one of her fingers. She said that it felt as though she jammed it, but did not remember doing so. I looked at her little hands, and they look arthritic to me. She is very tiny with a small bone structure, and I am so afraid that she is in the beginning stages of this horrible thing.She says for me not to worry because it is getting a little better. My question is: how do I make her understand how important it is to go get herself checked out. I know that there has been several times that she has been in

pain, but is the kind of person that never complains and she doesn't go to the doc unless she is about to drop. I just need some ideas coming from someone else besides me because she just thinks that I am a worry wart. lol I had to go to the allergist yesterday and found out that I am allergic to my dog!! How awful is that!!! Just had to get some whining in there myself. Hugs from Ok., Gloria

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Gloria, I think temporary pain in one

finger is not much of an indication of arthritis. Most people have

occasional pain in joints and that is why the American College

of Rheumatology has a requirement for some of the criteria for diagnosing RA

that the symptoms be present for six weeks. I’m not really sure

that I could tell what arthritic hands look like. I hear your

concern. Many rheumatologists will not take a patient without a referral

from their family doctor, even if a referral is not required by

insurance. They usually have so many patients that are really suffering

that they don’t want to use their time for people who really don’t

need their help.

Your daughter should be getting annual

checkups and blood work from either a GP or her gynecologist or both. If

the blood work includes SED rate, CRP, Rheumatoid factor, and anti-CCP that

should either put your mind at ease or provide ammunition to get a referral to

a rheumatologist. I hope your daughter does not have RA and

from what you said I don’t think she does have it. God bless.

From: Rheumatoid Arthritis [mailto:Rheumatoid Arthritis ] On Behalf Of glokay20022002

Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 4:22

AM

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Subject: [sPAM]

My daughter's pain

Hi everyone,

My daughter (32) has some pain in one of

her fingers. She said that it felt as though she jammed it, but did

not remember doing so. I looked at her little hands, and they look arthritic to

me. She is very tiny with a small bone structure, and I am so afraid that

she is in the beginning stages of this horrible thing.She says for me not to

worry because it is getting a little better. My question is: how do I make her

understand how important it is to go get herself checked out. I know that

there has been several times that she has been in pain, but is the kind of

person that never complains and she doesn't go to the doc unless she

is about to drop. I just need some ideas coming from someone else besides me

because she just thinks that I am a worry wart. lol

I had to go to the allergist

yesterday and found out that I am allergic to my dog!! How awful is that!!!

Just had to get some whining in there myself.

Hugs from Ok.,

Gloria

Guest guest

You definatly have my permission. Thats all I can say is its just a blood test to ease your mind and hers. Good Luck and keep us updated. glokay20022002 <glokay20022002@...> wrote: Thank you so much for the response. My plan is to get as many suggestions as I can and forward all them to her with your permission of course. You are all such a great support group. I hope that everyone here stays with this group rather than the other one that was suggested a while back. I really like everyone here and I hate to see it end. Hugs from Ok. Gloria>> Maybe you can get her involed with our group here , or show her some pics of pepole that had this before the better meds or that the meds didn't help so well I know this is a harsh way with the pics but sometimes we have to do what it takes . But frist off I would try just talking with her , maybe getting a subcrition from arthritious today for you and her frist . And even at that some people still want do anything my sister has it badly but want treat it because she

thinks the meds has hurt me and mommy , my mom is so deformed by it it's so sad she's had it before the better meds me I've got it ans OA with severe spinal arthritis allso and other imune issues with the RA. But don't give up she really needs to see a rhumy not a GP.> > > ----- Original Message ----> From: glokay20022002 glokay20022002@...> Rheumatoid Arthritis > Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 7:21:31 AM> Subject: My daughter's pain> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hi everyone,> > My daughter (32) has some pain in one of her fingers. She said that it felt as though she jammed it, but did not remember doing so. I looked at her little hands, and they look arthritic to me. She is very tiny with a small bone structure, and I am so afraid that she is

in the beginning stages of this horrible thing.She says for me not to worry because it is getting a little better. My question is: how do I make her understand how important it is to go get herself checked out. I know that there has been several times that she has been in pain, but is the kind of person that never complains and she doesn't go to the doc unless she is about to drop. I just need some ideas coming from someone else besides me because she just thinks that I am a worry wart. lol> > I had to go to the allergist yesterday and found out that I am allergic to my dog!! How awful is that!!! Just had to get some whining in there myself.> > Hugs from Ok.,> > Gloria > > > > > > > > > > > > <!--> > #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}> #ygrp-mlmsg table

{font-size:inherit;font:100%;}> #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}> #ygrp-mlmsg pre, code {font:115% monospace;}> #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}> #ygrp-text{> font-family:Georgia;> }> #ygrp-text p{> margin:0 0 1em 0;}> #ygrp-tpmsgs{> font-family:Arial;> clear:both;}> #ygrp-vitnav{> padding-top:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;margin:0;}> #ygrp-vitnav a{> padding:0 1px;}> #ygrp-actbar{> clear:both;margin:25px 0;white-space:nowrap;color:#666;text-align:right;}> #ygrp-actbar .left{> float:left;white-space:nowrap;}> .bld{font-weight:bold;}> #ygrp-grft{> font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;padding:15px 0;}> #ygrp-ft{>

font-family:verdana;font-size:77%;border-top:1px solid #666;> padding:5px 0;> }> #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{> padding-bottom:10px;}> > #ygrp-vital{> background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:2px 0 8px 8px;}> #ygrp-vital #vithd{> font-size:77%;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:bold;color:#333;text-transform:uppercase;}> #ygrp-vital ul{> padding:0;margin:2px 0;}> #ygrp-vital ul li{> list-style-type:none;clear:both;border:1px solid #e0ecee;> }> #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{> font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;float:right;width:2em;text-align:right;padding-right:.5em;}> #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{> font-weight:bold;}> #ygrp-vital a {> text-decoration:none;}> > #ygrp-vital a:hover{>

text-decoration:underline;}> > #ygrp-sponsor #hd{> color:#999;font-size:77%;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov{> padding:6px 13px;background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{> padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{> list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;font-size:77%;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{> text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}> #ygrp-sponsor #nc {> background-color:#eee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:0 8px;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad{> padding:8px 0;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{> font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold;color:#628c2a;font-size:100%;line-height:122%;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{> text-decoration:none;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{> text-decoration:underline;}> #ygrp-sponsor

..ad p{> margin:0;}> o {font-size:0;}> .MsoNormal {> margin:0 0 0 0;}> #ygrp-text tt{> font-size:120%;}> blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}> .replbq {margin:4;}> -->> > > > > > > > __________________________________________________>

Guest guest

Dear Gloria- She may just have OA not RA. Its important to have a rountine blood test panel for RA. Tell her that because her DNA might genetically make her predisposed for RA should needs to just have the tests done to RULE IT OUT. Tell her that an ouce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Pain is Pain. Its slowly eating her and destroying her. Tell her that if she wants to enjoy 62, she had better get tested. How long has she been having these pains? Was she athletic in school? A recent pregnancy or trauma could have triggered it. I made my boyfriend see my Rheumatologist because he was having pain but its just OA. He was very athletic and he avidly bowled and golfs which are murder on his hands. He also works for USPS and has forever. It takes its toll. You have expect people to be resistant to your alarm bells because of the denial factor (OH nothings wrong with me, not with me!!!!) so just tell her you would like her to humor you and put your mind at ease. Since RA is always carried to a child by the mother, its your duty to inform her that she needs to do this for you. Let her get tested by YOUR Rheumy. Hugs, Deborah

On 4/17/07, glokay20022002 <glokay20022002@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

My daughter (32) has some pain in one of her fingers. She said that it felt as though she jammed it, but did not remember doing so. I looked at her little hands, and they look arthritic to me. She is very tiny with a small bone structure, and I am so afraid that she is in the beginning stages of this horrible thing.She says for me not to worry because it is getting a little better. My question is: how do I make her understand how important it is to go get herself checked out. I know that there has been several times that she has been in pain, but is the kind of person that never complains and she doesn't go to the doc unless she is about to drop. I just need some ideas coming from someone else besides me because she just thinks that I am a worry wart. lol

I had to go to the allergist yesterday and found out that I am allergic to my dog!! How awful is that!!! Just had to get some whining in there myself.

Hugs from Ok.,

Gloria

Guest guest

Dear Gloria, I don't 'speak' on here very often, but I really hope your daughter has her hand checked out very soon. I think I was 35 when I was diagnosed with RA and at the time I didn't really have any symptons except my knees would creek when I'd bend or in inclement weather. The only reason, I was even tested for RA was because my daughter was born with lupus and they thought I had it. (I don't, but I do have RA). And now my right hand is deformed and it's hard for me to do some of the things I never had problems with. I have what they refer to as a swan neck on the third finger on my right and a bouttineer (?) on the middle finger on my left. And I am 50 and on SSD and wish with all my heart I had never had to go that route. Take care and best of luck to your daughter. Susie from Indy. borah Bargad <dbargad@...> wrote: Dear Gloria- She may just have OA not RA. Its important to have a rountine blood test panel for RA. Tell her that because her DNA might genetically make her predisposed for RA should needs to just have the tests done to RULE IT OUT. Tell her that an

ouce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Pain is Pain. Its slowly eating her and destroying her. Tell her that if she wants to enjoy 62, she had better get tested. How long has she been having these pains? Was she athletic in school? A recent pregnancy or trauma could have triggered it. I made my boyfriend see my Rheumatologist because he was having pain but its just OA. He was very athletic and he avidly bowled and golfs which are murder on his hands. He also works for USPS and has forever. It takes its toll. You have expect people to be resistant to your alarm bells because of the denial factor (OH nothings wrong with me, not with me!!!!) so just tell her you would like her to humor you and put your mind at ease. Since RA is always carried to a child by the mother, its your duty to inform her that she needs to do this for you. Let her get tested by YOUR Rheumy. Hugs, Deborah

On 4/17/07, glokay20022002 <glokay20022002 > wrote: Hi everyone, My daughter (32) has some pain in one of her fingers. She said that it felt as though she jammed it, but did not remember doing so. I looked at her little hands, and they look arthritic to me. She is very tiny with a small bone structure, and I am so afraid that she is in the beginning stages of this horrible thing.She says for me not to worry because it is getting a little better. My question is: how do I make her understand how important it is to go get herself checked out. I know that there has been several

times that she has been in pain, but is the kind of person that never complains and she doesn't go to the doc unless she is about to drop. I just need some ideas coming from someone else besides me because she just thinks that I am a worry wart. lol I had to go to the allergist yesterday and found out that I am allergic to my dog!! How awful is that!!! Just had to get some whining in there myself. Hugs from Ok., Gloria

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Suzette,

Thank you so much for that input. I remember about 10 years ago, my mother looked at my thumb and tears came to her eyes, and she said " baby, please get checked for ra or lupus. " She had both. She was very upset and I couldn't understand why. She died in 2000 at 59. She always put other people above herself, and never had the money to take care of herself the way that she should have. That is the reason that I am so worried about my daughter. RA and lupus is running rampid in the women of my family. I am 50 in July , and I am also on ss disability. It took me getting very ill to do something about all my aches and pains.

I hope that God blesses you in a great way. You seem to be a wonderful, caring person, and that is why I love this group so much. You just don't know how much all of you have blessed me.

I will keep you posted. Hugs from Ok. Gloria Hi everyone,> My daughter (32) has some pain in one of her fingers. She said that it felt as though she jammed it, but did not remember doing so. I looked at her little hands, and they look arthritic to me. She is very tiny with a small bone structure, and I am so afraid that she is in the beginning stages of this horrible thing.She says for me not to worry because it is getting a little better. My question is: how do I make her understand how important it is to go get herself checked out. I know that there has been several times that she has been in pain, but is the kind of person that never complains and she doesn't go to the doc unless she is about to drop. I just need some ideas coming from someone else besides me because she just thinks that I am a worry wart. lol > I had to go to the allergist yesterday and found out that I am allergic to my dog!! How awful is that!!! Just had to get some whining in there myself. > Hugs from Ok.,> Gloria > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?> Check outnew cars at Autos.>

Guest guest

Gloria.......tell her Yes...to get checked.....a blood test to start with is no big deal.....and go from there. I developed RA in my mid 30's...tho I ignored the signs..thinking I was just getting Older...and aches and pains come with age. Boy was I wrong. By the time it Took me Down...and I was diagnosed....I already had joint damage and was classified as Severe Agressive RA......I'm 43 now and was just approved for SSD...and I hate it......I'm grateful for the help from SS....but hate being disabled. :( There are days that I can't even brush my own hair from the pain in my hands.......actually most days lately....I have to get one of my Teens to brush my hair....it takes both hands and a lot of grunting to brush my teeth. The pain is unreal and no pain meds will relieve it so far. I've failed 4 RA meds thus far and about to try something else next month.

Tell her to get checked.....just for peace of mind. :)Carla :)-- .-.. .-.. ( o )_( o ) __ / '-' '-' \ __

/ / " \ \ | \ \___/ / | \ \`-. ____ .-' / / - ' /\ /\ '-.

( (_// (_ _) \\_) ) frogge ºÜº