RemedySpot.com

methotrexate/Lynda

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Lynda, I am in complete sympathy with you. I was diagnosed 5 years ago. My symptoms were as you describe, and I too needed help with personal care. My husband was my hero, as was my daughter. I got almost immediate relief from the pain with prednisone. Taken short term, the side effects should be minimal. I took it longer than I should have, but am fine. I am now on MTX (from beginning of diagnosis, 20 mg per week) plus I'm in a study for Rituxan, which is working beautifully. Get 4 infusions per year. BTW, the MTX had me in control for almost 2years. Was eligible for this study, because I had not been on a biologic. Anyway, your pain sounds so bad, that your doctor needs to address it NOW. Do ask about prednisone soon. You will sleep and have much better

range of motion. Sometimes, when I'm too uncomfortable in bed, I sleep in the recliner. Seems to put me in a better position. This is more osteoarthritis discomfort than RA at this time. Hoping to hear you're feeling better soon. Hugs, (in Western NY)Rheumatoid Arthritis wrote: 2a. methotrexatePosted by: "kenneth194542" lynda.parton@... kenneth194542Date: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:21 pm ((PDT))I have been diagnosed with very active and severe RA and 2 weeks ago was prescribed MTX by my Rheumatologist, taking 3 x tablets per week plus folic acid 2 days later.I also take 2 x doses of Celebrex per day.I have been told that I must be patient because it can take from 4 - 10 weeks to feel any

beneficial effect from MTX, but I would love to hear from members on how soon they felt improvement on this drug. I am in severe pain, particularly shoulders, neck, arms, wrists, hips, knees and feet. I also have suffered from osteo-arthritis for many years in my spine and hips, but I have never experienced pain like this in all of my life (I am 58 years old.I am finding it impossible to sleep with my v. painful shoulders - has anyone any useful tip on how to try and make myself comfy in bed ?Currently my husband has to help me to get in/out of bed, help me with turning over in bed, he has been a star !! He also has to help me with getting dressed, doing my hair, most things in fact, I never thought I would ever become like this in my life.I am having blood tests every 2 weeks and will see Rheumatologist again in 8 weeks time - when I last saw him 2 weeks ago, he said I would be bounding through his door by

then - if only !! best wishes - LyndaHugs, (in Western NY)Hugs, (in Western NY)

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.