RemedySpot.com

Mtx

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I picked up my MTX at the pharmacy and was told that MTX was no longer

being made in the 25mg/ml strength but was now in just the 50mg/ml.

Has anyone else heard this?

Guest guest

Lindsey,

Thank You for the info. It seems as though mine is the same way and I get mine from CVS. I guess I'll be checking everything from there for a while now. Thanks again.

Tom G.

Posted by: "Lindsey Westberg" lkwestberg@... lkwestberg

Sun May 13, 2007 11:56 am (PST)

I would read the label carefully. I was told the same thing, and when I got home and sat down to read the label is said 50mg/2ml... same thing. I called the pharmacy (Costco) and they said that the entire computer system was wrong. Apparently no one had actually read the whole label, just saw the 50mg and stopped reading.Just my own personal experience.LindseyTom Gantzler <tgantzlercybrtown> wrote:I picked up my MTX at the pharmacy and was told that MTX was no longerbeing made in the 25mg/ml strength but was now in just the 50mg/ml.Has anyone else heard this?

Guest guest

Dear Tom- I havent heard that. I thought the standard maximum MTX oral dose was 25mg. Maybe he was talking about the injectible. Yours, Deborah

On 5/13/07, Tom Gantzler <tgantzler@...> wrote:

I picked up my MTX at the pharmacy and was told that MTX was no longerbeing made in the 25mg/ml strength but was now in just the 50mg/ml.Has anyone else heard this?

Guest guest

Posted by: "Deborah Bargad" dbargad@... briah1961

Tue May 15, 2007 1:09 pm (PST)

Dear Tom- I havent heard that. I thought the standard maximum MTX oral dosewas 25mg. Maybe he was talking about the injectible. Yours, DeborahOn 5/13/07, Tom Gantzler <tgantzlercybrtown> wrote:>> I picked up my MTX at the pharmacy and was told that MTX was no longer> being made in the 25mg/ml strength but was now in just the 50mg/ml.> Has anyone else heard this?>

Deborah,

Sorry for the confusion but it is the injectable that I was talking about. I would imagine that you would only need to take half your usual dosage but it would definitely be nice to know what is going on with it. It would be real easy to overdose that way.

Tom G

Guest guest

This is not good for those on injectable. Wow at least with the 25mg/ml it was pretty easy to doses. I remember taking 0.6ml a week....but now you will have to cut that in half to 0.3ml.

Now that is hard on the eyes. I guess you will have to go to the very small 0.50ml syringes so you can see the markings better.

I am glad I am not taking MTX anymore.

ToniSee what's free at AOL.com.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

MTX is a short form for Methotrexate.Best,Elise —When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves ~ Victor

l From: Kianaii Kele <kkianaii@...>Subject: Re:MTXRheumatoid Arthritis Date: Monday, July 12, 2010, 12:26 PM

Hi what is MTX I never heard of that thanks