RemedySpot.com

Greetings from Wa. state

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi! My name is . I am a 55 yr young mom of seven from ages 36 to 2 yrs old. We have a 2 yr old & a 7 yr old at home. The last two were our grands at one time. Have had both of them pretty much since birth. The 7 yr old has shaken baby syndrome and autism.

I was told by dr. a month ago I had RA even though the RA Factor was normal. The Sed Rate was 61.

If I have RA, it doesn't seem to follow any pattern and only my mid finger on left hand is affected. I did get a scrip for naproxin, but went and doubled up on flaxseed oil capsules and all swelling and pain is gone. I am finding I cannot tolerate tomato juice. I just want to try the vitamin stuff before taking the scrip for prednisone.

Only other thing I noticed is that at times the tip of my fingers to the first joint are tender and a bit of burning at times. Again, this is only on my left hand. In another month or so, I will go have the test done again.

I am hoping to make friends here.

You are welcome to write to me via my email also.

M.Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by today!

• 3 weeks later...

HI My name is Ann, I have RA, but in my case it is severe, mostly on my right side, I was diagnosed in April of this year, But I had symptoms for about a year and I thought I was going thru the change, I was always tired and all my joints hurt. Until one day I got a severe pain on my right shoulder, I could not bare the pain, so my husband rush me to the hospital, they thought it was my heart, but they did not fine anything the next day I went to my Doctor and I told him that I was having pain on my ankle then my knee and when it got to my shoulder I could not bare it, He said it sounded like RA, and sure enough that is what it was, He send me to an RA Dr. and I could not believe it so I went to other DR. and she said you have RA and it is too severe. My kids are grown now, so that is a good thing, But when I get the pain I feel like I want to die, I can not even dress myself, my husband helps me a lot.

Anyway That is my story. Ann Salinas

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ann,I know where you are. It has become a chore to button my blouses. I think this time of the year is the worst as I usually have really bad flares gradually getting worse beginning lighyly in late Sept and culminating in about march of the next year before cooling off a bit. During the really bad times I have to use devises to help me up and down (extension on commode), can't tolerate anything touching my hands, even my own hands, can't pick anything up, no drriving, no computering, ... but thanks heavens, it does finnally clear up some and I can get back to a reasonable existance. Have been using Prednisone 20 mg once a day, plaquenil, and some other NSAID can't recall name (having a Seniour Moment!) since 1998 and it has helped a lot as when I forget to take it, I am remined quickly by all my muscles and nerve centers!!!

I have no problem healing from cuts and bites, never have colds, flu's or alergies...maybe a bit if hayfever in the fall, so have been hesitant to take a med like humera as don't want to loose the ability to remain imune from the above. I am interested in hearing about long term help of the various meds like folks are taking to stop the joint damage.--Leona, Lee,---- SALINAS <503salinas@...> wrote:> HI > My name is Ann, I have RA, but in my case it is severe, mostly on my right side, I was diagnosed in April of this year, But I had symptoms for about a year and I thought I was going thru the change, I was always tired and all my joints hurt.> Until one day I got a severe pain on my right shoulder, I could not bare the pain, so my husband rush me to the hospital, they thought it was my heart, but they did not fine anything the next day I went to my Doctor and I told him that I was having pain on my ankle then my knee and when it got to my shoulder I could not bare it, He said it sounded like RA, and sure enough that is what it was, He send me to an RA Dr. and I could not believe it so I went to other DR. and she said you have RA and it is too severe.> My kids are grown now, so that is a good thing, But when I get the pain I feel like I want to die, I can not even dress myself, my husband helps me a lot.> Anyway That is my story.>>> Ann Salinas>

Dear Ann- Having RA is very scary. I have to say that since you are newly diagnosed you should definately look into Biological Agents. They work wonders on newly diagnosed patients. It worked wonders for me and I am going on 15 years here. Remicaide I am still on which is given via infusion every 8 weeks or so. They also have injectible biologics like Humira and Enbrel. Treating your inflammation from the inside out is what Biologics are designed to do. They interrupt the chain reaction that leads to your inflammation and pain thereby stopping it or severely inhibiting the process. It is given with Methotrexate. Methotrexate is a form of chemotherapy. Since RA is caused by a hyperactivity of your white blood cells that attack your joints, MTX helps slow them down and prevents your RA cells from dividing which is a good thing. I used to hate MTX because it can have side effects but I found that taking Leucovorin rescues you from the fatigue you may experience. You must address your pain, address your inflammation and become your own advocate. For additional answers you might want to join an RA support group in your area, there are chapters in every state sponsored by the arthritis foundation. www.arthritisfoundation.org. Advocate for yourself. Find out everything you can and dont accept the disability RA can cause. Fight back and fight hard. It will be worth it I promise you!!!!!! Deborah

On Nov 22, 2007 9:05 PM, Leona <leehen@...> wrote:

Hi Ann,I know where you are. It has become a chore to button my blouses. I think this time of the year is the worst as I usually have really bad flares gradually getting worse beginning lighyly in late Sept and culminating in about march of the next year before cooling off a bit. During the really bad times I have to use devises to help me up and down (extension on commode), can't tolerate anything touching my hands, even my own hands, can't pick anything up, no drriving, no computering, ... but thanks heavens, it does finnally clear up some and I can get back to a reasonable existance. Have been using Prednisone 20 mg once a day, plaquenil, and some other NSAID can't recall name (having a Seniour Moment!) since 1998 and it has helped a lot as when I forget to take it, I am remined quickly by all my muscles and nerve centers!!!

I have no problem healing from cuts and bites, never have colds, flu's or alergies...maybe a bit if hayfever in the fall, so have been hesitant to take a med like humera as don't want to loose the ability to remain imune from the above. I am interested in hearing about long term help of the various meds like folks are taking to stop the joint damage.

--Leona, Lee,---- SALINAS <503salinas@...> wrote:> HI > My name is Ann, I have RA, but in my case it is severe, mostly on my right side, I was diagnosed in April of this year, But I had symptoms for about a year and I thought I was going thru the change, I was always tired and all my joints hurt.

> Until one day I got a severe pain on my right shoulder, I could not bare the pain, so my husband rush me to the hospital, they thought it was my heart, but they did not fine anything the next day I went to my Doctor and I told him that I was having pain on my ankle then my knee and when it got to my shoulder I could not bare it, He said it sounded like RA, and sure enough that is what it was, He send me to an RA Dr. and I could not believe it so I went to other DR. and she said you have RA and it is too severe.

> My kids are grown now, so that is a good thing, But when I get the pain I feel like I want to die, I can not even dress myself, my husband helps me a lot.> Anyway That is my story.>>> Ann Salinas

>