RemedySpot.com

Re: Humira, Low Immune System, General Questions......

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hi, ! I know that with RA, our immune systems are boosted. My

Enbrel injections are trying to slow and calm my immune system down.

That is why I avoid ginseng and echinea. gentle hugs! Marcia

--- Gleason <gleasongirl76@...> wrote:

> I have a question to ask. Of those of you on Humira, do you take

> anything to help boost your immune system? I keep getting constant

> bronchitis/resp infections, even though I take Vitamin C to help

> boost my immune system. I do not want to go off of my Humira, because

> I feel better than ever in regards to my RA.

> Any advice would be very helpful.

> Thanks!!

> in WVa

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on

> TV.

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with

FareChase.

http://farechase./

Guest guest

HI , I am brand new to the group and am also on Humura. You

should consult your Doctor who is handling this phase of your health.

I know stress will cause different " auto-Immune Attackers " as will lack

of sleep. Take care.

Mickey S>

Wisconsin>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on

TV.

>

Guest guest

Dear - Staying away from people who may be sick helps. I take a chewable multi vitamin and drink lots of OJ and Lemon which seems to keep the bronchial infections to a minimum. I swear by Zicam at the first hint of congestion. Its Zinc Gluconate gel which works to help you drain and does lessen the duration of anything sinus. You might also think about buying a himilayan rock salt lamp or candle. The are supposed to be great for people with asthma or upper respiratory problems. Hugs, Deborah

On 8/7/07, Gleason <gleasongirl76@...> wrote:

I have a question to ask. Of those of you on Humira, do you take anything to help boost your immune system? I keep getting constant bronchitis/resp infections, even though I take Vitamin C to help boost my immune system. I do not want to go off of my Humira, because I feel better than ever in regards to my RA.

Any advice would be very helpful.

Thanks!!

in WVa

Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on TV.

Guest guest

Don't come and ask for an opinion on something if you do not want to here the answer. You asked, I answered. Its also a question that people seem to ask over and over again. If your doctor told you its ok and you trust his advice, then go with his medical advice. Or as I said do some research. What is written in the journels of medicine on this topic?

Sorry if I did not sugar coat, hand hold and give you a warm fuzzy answer. I simply answered your question. And if it bothered you so much...you have a delete and ignore button just like everyone else.

Oh and if you can not find the answer there is another RA group with a lady that does medical research that would be more than happy to research that topic if are unable to do so.

Have a nice day!

Toni

Posted by: " Gleason" gleasongirl76@... gleasongirl76

Tue Aug 7, 2007 11:20 pm (PST)

On second thought, I do think you were being a little harsh. Geesshhhhhhaclavern33aol wrote: No I do not. Why would you take something to speed your immune system up, when you have auto-immune disease in which you are trying to take meds to suppress or slow it down? I was told NOT to take any immune boostering type of suppliments or drugs.If you are having chronic problems on Humira maybe that is not the drug for you. I would talk to your doc about the issues you are having. Read up on humira and the side effects, there are some infections that are more common and are considered side effects of taking humira. ToniGet a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.

Guest guest

Just to clarify- I think what melissa meant is how to keep her from getting upper respiratory relaspes. Toni's advice about finding another medication is also a good alternative but homeopathic never hurts either. Have a great day everyone. Hugs. Deborah

On 8/8/07, aclavern33@... <aclavern33@...> wrote:

Don't come and ask for an opinion on something if you do not want to here the answer. You asked, I answered. Its also a question that people seem to ask over and over again. If your doctor told you its ok and you trust his advice, then go with his medical advice. Or as I said do some research. What is written in the journels of medicine on this topic?

Sorry if I did not sugar coat, hand hold and give you a warm fuzzy answer. I simply answered your question. And if it bothered you so much...you have a delete and ignore button just like everyone else.

Oh and if you can not find the answer there is another RA group with a lady that does medical research that would be more than happy to research that topic if are unable to do so.

Have a nice day!

Toni

Posted by: " Gleason "

gleasongirl76@... gleasongirl76

Tue Aug 7, 2007 11:20 pm (PST)

On second thought, I do think you were being a little harsh. Geesshhhhhh

aclavern33@... wrote: No I do not. Why would you take something to speed your immune system up, when you have auto-immune disease in which you are trying to take meds to suppress or slow it down? I was told NOT to take any immune boostering type of suppliments or drugs.

If you are having chronic problems on Humira maybe that is not the drug for you. I would talk to your doc about the issues you are having. Read up on humira and the side effects, there are some infections that are more common and are considered side effects of taking humira. Toni

Get a sneak peek of the all-new

AOL.com.

Guest guest

I asked for general comments, not for some nasty person to yell at me. aclavern33@... wrote: Don't come and ask for an opinion on something if you do not want to here the answer. You asked, I answered. Its also a question that people seem to ask over and over again. If your doctor told you its ok and you trust his advice, then go with his medical advice. Or as I said do some research. What is written in the

journels of medicine on this topic? Sorry if I did not sugar coat, hand hold and give you a warm fuzzy answer. I simply answered your question. And if it bothered you so much...you have a delete and ignore button just like everyone else. Oh and if you can not find the answer there is another RA group with a lady that does medical research that would be more than happy to research that topic if are unable to do so. Have a nice day! Toni Re: Humira, Low Immune System, General Questions...... Posted by: " Gleason" gleasongirl76 gleasongirl76 Tue Aug 7, 2007

11:20 pm (PST) On second thought, I do think you were being a little harsh. Geesshhhhhhaclavern33aol wrote: No I do not. Why would you take something to speed your immune system up, when you have auto-immune disease in which you are trying to take meds to suppress or slow it down? I was told NOT to take any immune boostering type of suppliments or drugs.If you are having chronic problems on Humira maybe that is not the drug for you. I would talk to your doc about the issues you are having. Read up on humira and the side effects, there are some infections that are more common and are considered side effects of taking humira. Toni Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Answers - Check it out.

Guest guest

No one was yelling at you. Yelling is defined as the use of all capital letters in writing a response. Maybe you are new to the internet and not familiar with the etiquette. So I hope this helps. I have attached the original responses below.

If you go back and read my response to you. The only word capitalized was the word "NOT" and that was the response I got from all the physicians I have seen dealing with auto-immune disease. Do NOT take anything OTC (over the counter) or homeopathic that will increase or enhance immune function. ( Baby, I am NOT yelling at you...just quoting what my physicians have told me with a strong warning of what they do not want me to do!)

Again do not ask for opinions or advice if you are not prepared for honest straight forward answers. And again if you were so offended and so sensitive to the responses, you have an ignore and delete button on your keyboard just like everyone else.

Toni

Posted by: " Gleason" gleasongirl76@... gleasongirl76

Wed Aug 8, 2007 5:15 pm (PST)

I asked for general comments, not for some nasty person to yell at me. aclavern33aol wrote:Don't come and ask for an opinion on something if you do not want to here the answer. You asked, I answered. Its also a question that people seem to ask over and over again. If your doctor told you its ok and you trust his advice, then go with his medical advice. Or as I said do some research. What is written in the journels of medicine on this topic? Sorry if I did not sugar coat, hand hold and give you a warm fuzzy answer. I simply answered your question. And if it bothered you so much...you have a delete and ignore button just like everyone else. Oh and if you can not find the answer there is another RA group with a lady that does medical research that would be more than happy to research that topic if are unable to do so.Have a nice day!ToniRe: Humira, Low Immune System, General Questions...... Posted by: " Gleason" gleasongirl76 gleasongirl76 Tue Aug 7, 2007 11:20 pm (PST) On second thought, I do think you were being a little harsh. Geesshhhhhhaclavern33aol wrote: No I do not. Why would you take something to speed your immune system up, when you have auto-immune disease in which you are trying to take meds to suppress or slow it down? I was told NOT to take any immune boostering type of suppliments or drugs.If you are having chronic problems on Humira maybe that is not the drug for you. I would talk to your doc about the issues you are having. Read up on humira and the side effects, there are some infections that are more common and are considered side effects of taking humira. Toni

Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.

Guest guest

, you may want to check around on the internet or something...I've always been told to avoid anything that boosts my immune system with having RA. With the RA meds, they are made to supress our immune systems to help us feel better. Echinacea has always been one with a warning to avoid.

In a quick search I found:

Here's a list of people who should not try echinacea: those who know they're allergic to daisies, plus those with diseases such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, tuberculosis, and multiple sclerosis.

http://www.wellnessletter.com/html/ds/dsEchinacea.php

Cautions and possible side effects: Not recommended for people with autoimmune diseases such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, or multiple sclerosis.

http://www.mothernature.com/Library/bookshelf/Books/23/28.cfm

To help head off colds, I used to use ziacam. I do get colds, but they don't last as long if I use ziacam.-Maggie >> I have a question to ask. Of those of you on Humira, do you take anything to help boost your immune system? I keep getting constant bronchitis/resp infections, even though I take Vitamin C to help boost my immune system. I do not want to go off of my Humira, because I feel better than ever in regards to my RA. > Any advice would be very helpful. > Thanks!!> in WVa> >

--- In Rheumatoid Arthritis , " Maggie " <meshouse@...>

wrote:

*** you may want to check around on the internet or something...I've

always been told to avoid anything that boosts my immune system with

having RA.***

Maggie and everyone else,

I've never been told not to take anything that would boost my immune

system. Or if I did, I've forgotten. I've had RA for 4 years. The first

part of the year I was taking Airborne to try and not get yet another

cold from my kids. I took it for several days. Dang, I wished I'd know

better. Glad I read this thread. It does make sense not to try and

boost your immune system now that I read your comments.

I do try and take a daily multi-vitamin and calcium pill. It sounds

like taking Vitamin C when someone else in the family is sick is still

a good idea.

Jean

" Deborah Bargad " <dbargad@...> wrote:

***Staying away from people who may be sick helps. I take a chewable

multi vitamin and drink lots of OJ and Lemon which seems to keep

the bronchial infections to a minimum.***

Unfortunately, I live with 2 kids who gave me many colds/flu last

school year. My daughter went to preschool for the first time and it

seemed like she brought home every bug that was going around. I was

sick half the time from October to March. And, any illness I get seems

to hit me twice as hard and last twice as long as before RA. Around

January, I seriously thought of pulling my daughter out of preschool

and keeping the kids home for a month because I want myself and my

younger son to be well for at least one month.

I'm glad to read the advice to drink lots of OJ and Lemon for bronchial

infections. I never had a problem before RA, but now when I get a cold

or the flu it normally goes into my lungs.

Jean

do u or anyone take 50mg enbrel and methotrixade and have blurry visions and

blackout without warnings have had test done and nothing found

>From: aclavern33@...

>Reply-Rheumatoid Arthritis

>Rheumatoid Arthritis

>Subject: Re: Humira, Low Immune System, General

>Questions......

>Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 13:17:50 EDT

>

>Don't come and ask for an opinion on something if you do not want to here

>the answer. You asked, I answered. Its also a question that people seem to

>ask

>over and over again. If your doctor told you its ok and you trust his

>advice,

>then go with his medical advice. Or as I said do some research. What is

>written in the journels of medicine on this topic?

>

>Sorry if I did not sugar coat, hand hold and give you a warm fuzzy answer.

>I

>simply answered your question. And if it bothered you so much...you have

>a

>delete and ignore button just like everyone else.

>

>Oh and if you can not find the answer there is another RA group with a

>lady

>that does medical research that would be more than happy to research that

>topic if are unable to do so.

>

>

>Have a nice day!

>

>Toni

>

>

>

>_Re: Humira, Low Immune System, General Questions...... _

>(Rheumatoid Arthritis/message/16201;_ylc=X3oDMTJy\

YzIzZzU2BF9TAzk3MzU

>5NzE1BGdycElkAzEzODI1MzAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDYxNjEwBG1zZ0lkAzE2MjAxBHNlYwNkbXNnB

>HNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzExODY1NjI2MzU-)

>Posted by: " Gleason " _gleasongirl76@... _

>(mailto:gleasongirl76@...?Subject=

>Re:%20Humira,%20Low%20Immune%20System,%20General%20Questions......)

>_gleasongirl76 _ (gleasongirl76)

>Tue Aug 7, 2007 11:20 pm (PST)

>On second thought, I do think you were being a little harsh. Geesshhhhhh

>

>_aclavern33@..._ (mailto:aclavern33@...) wrote: No I do not. Why

>would you take something to speed your immune system up, when you have

>auto-immune disease in which you are trying to take meds to suppress or

>slow it down?

>

>I was told NOT to take any immune boostering type of suppliments or drugs.

>If you are having chronic problems on Humira maybe that is not the drug

>for

>you. I would talk to your doc about the issues you are having.

>

>Read up on humira and the side effects, there are some infections that are

>more common and are considered side effects of taking humira.

>

>Toni

>

>

>

>

>

>************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL

>at

>http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour

Advertisement: 1000s of Sexy Singles online now at Lavalife

http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2\

Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%\

26a%3D29891 & _t=764581033 & _r=email_taglines_1000s & _m=EXT