RemedySpot.com

Re: Re:Humira, Low Immune System, General Questions......

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I am on Enbrel and was advised to try to avoid situations that would expose me to flu, colds, etc. Since everytime I do get sick I have to go off the Enbrel for the duration, I am getting real good at watching things. I asked about taking immune system boosters and my rheumy said to be cautious because things are filtered through the liver. In her opinion the only time I should be using immune system boosters is during the cold and flu season, and then only in moderation. I do not take the flu shot because I am a big chicken and am terrified of getting the flu that would probably turn into pneumonia (knowing my luck) and of course that means no Enbrel.glokay20022002 <glokay20022002@...> wrote: I started getting severe sinus infections on humira so my rheumy sent me to an allergist. Now I take 2 allergy shots per week and am doing fine on humira. I take humira once a week. Maybe you should consider something like that. Hugs from Ok., Gloria>> No I do not. Why would you take something to speed your immune system up, > when you have auto-immune disease in which you are trying to take meds to > suppress or slow it down? > > I was told NOT to take any immune boostering type of

suppliments or drugs.> If you are having chronic problems on Humira maybe that is not the drug for > you. I would talk to your doc about the issues you are having. > > Read up on humira and the side effects, there are some infections that are > more common and are considered side effects of taking humira. > > Toni> > > > ************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at > http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour>

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join 's user panel and lay it on us.

Guest guest

Hi, ! I am also on Enbrel. I work full-time in a high school

office. I MUST have a flu shot, with 1100 kids breathing on me, my

desk, my phone, etc. I have NEVER had the flu, so the shot does work!

gentle hugs, Marcia

--- mary backs <haveyarn2crochet@...> wrote:

> I am on Enbrel and was advised to try to avoid situations that would

> expose me to flu, colds, etc. Since everytime I do get sick I have

> to go off the Enbrel for the duration, I am getting real good at

> watching things.

>

> I asked about taking immune system boosters and my rheumy said to be

> cautious because things are filtered through the liver. In her

> opinion the only time I should be using immune system boosters is

> during the cold and flu season, and then only in moderation. I do

> not take the flu shot because I am a big chicken and am terrified of

> getting the flu that would probably turn into pneumonia (knowing my

> luck) and of course that means no Enbrel.

>

> glokay20022002 <glokay20022002@...> wrote:

>

> I started getting severe sinus infections on humira so my rheumy sent

> me to an allergist. Now I take 2 allergy shots per week and am doing

> fine on humira. I take humira once a week. Maybe you should consider

> something like that.

> Hugs from Ok.,

> Gloria

>

> >

> > No I do not. Why would you take something to speed your immune

> system up,

> > when you have auto-immune disease in which you are trying to take

> meds to

> > suppress or slow it down?

> >

> > I was told NOT to take any immune boostering type of suppliments or

> drugs.

> > If you are having chronic problems on Humira maybe that is not the

> drug for

> > you. I would talk to your doc about the issues you are having.

> >

> > Read up on humira and the side effects, there are some infections

> that are

> > more common and are considered side effects of taking humira.

> >

> > Toni

> >

> >

> >

> > ************************************** Get a sneak peek of the

> all-new AOL at

> > http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join 's

> user panel and lay it on us.

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows.

Answers - Check it out.

http://answers./dir/?link=list & sid=396545433

Guest guest

I have read up a lot on Humira....before I even started taking it. I don't want to "speed it up" per say. I know I am taking a med to keep it from causing inflammation and the like, geez, I guess I am taking your comments as being harsh when they are probably not. Just wanted to know if anyone else took anything to prevent minor colds and the such. As my Rheumy told me, I CAN take VIt C And Echinacea, but wanted your guy's thoughts first, aclavern33@... wrote: No I do not. Why would you take something to speed your immune system up, when you have auto-immune disease in which you are trying to take meds to suppress or slow it down? I was told NOT to take any immune boostering type of suppliments or drugs. If you are having chronic problems on Humira maybe that is not the drug for you. I would talk to your doc about the issues you are having. Read up on humira and the side effects, there are some infections that are more common and are considered side effects of taking humira. Toni Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.

Sick sense of humor? Visit TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on, when.

Guest guest

On second thought, I do think you were being a little harsh. Geesshhhhhhaclavern33@... wrote: No I do not. Why would you take something to speed your immune system up, when you have auto-immune disease in which you are trying to take meds to suppress or slow it down? I was told NOT to take any immune boostering type of suppliments or drugs. If you are having

chronic problems on Humira maybe that is not the drug for you. I would talk to your doc about the issues you are having. Read up on humira and the side effects, there are some infections that are more common and are considered side effects of taking humira. Toni Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Check out fitting gifts for grads at Search.