RemedySpot.com

Re: RA in Tendons?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hello,I really dont know much about it ,but my tendons hurt me to On 7/31/07, newnichol <newnichol@...

> wrote:

First of all...thank you so very much to all of you who have responded

to my previous posts.

On to my reason for posting. When in the University of Penn...I was

told that I have RA in the tendons of my feet (amongst the many

places).

Does anyone know anything about that? From all I have

read...everything refers to joints!

Thank you so much!

Eve

Guest guest

Well i am no doc or anything ...... but i know that the tendons hold the joints in place and let the muscles lay over them so one would have to think while the joints are eaten away and senovium in between that also the tendons would be affected and then also the bone will b affected as this is where we can see erosion after many yrs of ra. Barb Knight <auntbarbie60@...> wrote: hello,I really dont know much about it ,but my tendons hurt me to On 7/31/07, newnichol <newnichol > wrote: First of all...thank you so very much to all of you who have responded to my previous posts.On to my reason for posting. When in the University of Penn...I was told that I have RA in the tendons of my feet (amongst the many places). Does anyone know anything about that? From all I have read...everything refers to joints!Thank you so much!Eve Dear God, I thank you that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Lord, I pray that

you will make me spiritually beautiful. I thank you that I am a new creation in Christ. Help me to walk in that truth today and wear that heavenly glow that only comes by spending time with You. In Jesus' Name, Amen. It's so much more friendly with two. Piglet, Pooh's Little Instruction Book, inspired by A.A. Milne

Guest guest

Yes, there are over 100 forms of RA that affect the body systemically. I have been diagnosed with two types, Ankylosing Spondylitis and Reiter's Syndrome. The RA affects the connective tissue, my ligaments and tendons throughout my body. I take numerous meds, including prednisone, methotrexate, Humira injections, pain meds and anitbiotics.newnichol <newnichol@...> wrote: First of all...thank you so very much to all of you who have responded to my previous posts.On to my reason for posting.

When in the University of Penn...I was told that I have RA in the tendons of my feet (amongst the many places). Does anyone know anything about that? From all I have read...everything refers to joints!Thank you so much!Eve

Shape in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!

Guest guest

The way it was explained to me is that RA

attacks the joints and makes extra synovial fluid. The fluid can cause

pressure on tendons, and can actually ooze into the sheath around the tendon to

cause a synovial cyst. That extra pressure on the tendon sure does cause

pain. The source of the problem is really the joint where the excess

synovial fluid is formed but one effect is pain in the tendons. You might

check with your doctor to make sure because I’m not medically

trained. God bless.

From: Rheumatoid Arthritis [mailto:Rheumatoid Arthritis ] On Behalf Of newnichol

Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 8:40

AM

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Subject: RA

in Tendons?

First of all...thank you so very much to all of you

who have responded

to my previous posts.

On to my reason for posting. When in the University of Penn...I

was

places).

Thank you so much!

Eve

Guest guest

Eve, if

you find anything I would be interested. I could swear that most of my trouble

is tendons rather than joints, or at least in addition to joints.

-----Original Message-----

Rheumatoid Arthritis

[mailto:Rheumatoid Arthritis ] On

Behalf Of Barb Knight

Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 12:02

PM

To:

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Subject: Re:

RA in Tendons?

hello,I really dont know

much about it ,but my tendons hurt me to

On 7/31/07, newnichol <newnichol > wrote:

First

of all...thank you so very much to all of you who have responded

to my previous posts.

On to my reason for posting. When in the University of Penn...I was

places).

Thank you so much!

Eve

Guest guest

Hi Group,

I go to see my rheumy on Fri. I am having some strange symptoms, and wanted to ask your opinion as to whether I should even mention these strange symptoms to her or not.

As you all know, I am having alot of numbness. Now, the place on my leg that get numb is also hurting in the muscle. I also run around in a state of confusion. To give you an example, I put 2 pr of my shoes in the fridge yesterday!!! I am also having muscle spasms in my eyes that drive me insane!!, as well as having them in my hands and feet and legs.

Thank you for any input you may have on this.

Hugs from Okla., Gloria>> The way it was explained to me is that RA attacks the joints and makes extra> synovial fluid. The fluid can cause pressure on tendons, and can actually> ooze into the sheath around the tendon to cause a synovial cyst. That extra> pressure on the tendon sure does cause pain. The source of the problem is> really the joint where the excess synovial fluid is formed but one effect is> pain in the tendons. You might check with your doctor to make sure because> I'm not medically trained. God bless.> > > > _____ > > From: Rheumatoid Arthritis > [mailto:Rheumatoid Arthritis ] On Behalf Of newnichol> Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 8:40 AM> Rheumatoid Arthritis > Subject: RA in Tendons?> > > > First of all...thank you so very much to all of you who have responded > to my previous posts.> > On to my reason for posting. When in the University of Penn...I was > told that I have RA in the tendons of my feet (amongst the many > places). > > Does anyone know anything about that? From all I have > read...everything refers to joints!> > Thank you so much!> > Eve>

Guest guest

Tendons attach to the bone near joints....if you are skinny enough, you can feel them.

So the joint gets inflamed, and sometimes damaged, and the tendons rub against the damage, in some cases......makes sense to me that the tendons could ache, and also send pain signals down into the muscle. I've had days when the muscles in my arms, well away from the joints, ache. If your RA causes deposits around the joints, this could cause the tendons to ache, too.

If you Google it, you can find pics of the tendon/bone connections and see what goes on in your own body.....

Ardy

----- Original Message -----

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 12:57 AM

Subject: RE: RA in Tendons?

Eve, if you find anything I would be interested. I could swear that most of my trouble is tendons rather than joints, or at least in addition to joints.

-----Original Message-----From: Rheumatoid Arthritis [mailto:Rheumatoid Arthritis ] On Behalf Of Barb KnightSent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 12:02 PMRheumatoid Arthritis Subject: Re: RA in Tendons?

hello,I really dont know much about it ,but my tendons hurt me to

On 7/31/07, newnichol <newnichol > wrote:

First of all...thank you so very much to all of you who have responded to my previous posts.On to my reason for posting. When in the University of Penn...I was told that I have RA in the tendons of my feet (amongst the many places). Does anyone know anything about that? From all I have read...everything refers to joints!Thank you so much!Eve

Guest guest

First of all...thank you so very much

to all of you who have responded

> to my previous posts.

>

> On to my reason for posting. When in the University of Penn...I was

> told that I have RA in the tendons of my feet (amongst the many

> places).

>

> Does anyone know anything about that? From all I have

> read...everything refers to joints!

>

> Thank you so much!

>

> Eve

>

>

>

> Hi! This is Jane and I am fairly new to RA and new to the group. Can

someone give me a site where I may research RA in tendons?

Thanks, Jane

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Shape in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!

>

Guest guest

Tana.

this is Lee, but I can tell you what my DR's tell me, and I believe them. RA can inflame any where it wants to. It dances through and over the body anywhere it chooses. It can effect the joints, the ligaments, the various organs. The best thing one can do is try to keep the body a healthy as possible by eating well balanced meals, get plenty of rest, get as much exercise a possible but not going to extremes. Warm baths, strong on stiff and painful necks, exercising all muscles of body, hands, fingers toes ; all over to keep limber.

Mine is improving somewhat since I have been taking MSM. Do a Google on MSM and see what you think. For me, Ginger root is good for many symptoms caused by RA.

hope this helps.

love..-Leona, Lee,---- Tana <talbin2@...> wrote:> Eve, if you find anything I would be interested. I could swear that most of> my trouble is tendons rather than joints, or at least in addition to joints.>>

Guest guest

My appointment with the U of P is the 7th. I will be sure and ask

about the tendons issue. I will post whatever they doctor exlaines to

me.

Thank you so much, again, for all of your responses.