RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Lost Sleep

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

i bought a Tempur-pedic mattress and it is wonderful. i get the best sleep i have ever had, despite the pain in my joints.

if you're having problems sleeping, you might want to consider a new mattress, or, as gloria in ok. suggests, a down mattress pad.

-- beingirish************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour

Guest guest

Hi everyone- I found that using foam squares between my knees and my feet help. I have a thick eggcrate mattress myself also. I am on a combination of things for sleep. Namely 30mg of Oxazepam which is a generic of Ativan which is what they give people to knock them out and for seizures. I also take a bit of trazadone, soma and darvocet. I am out like a lite once it hits and nothing wakes me up. If its pain thats keeping you up, thats one thing, but it could be what you are taking. Some people just cant use regular things for sleep. Some sleep meds dont metabolize well. Ativan relaxes me and next thing I know its 8 hours or more later. Naps are helpful but can keep you up. Caffiene should also be avoided. Prednisone can also affect the sleep response by interfering with seratonin levels that help us sleep. If there are noises that keep you up or if you are a light sleeper use a sound machine or ear plugs. They work for me. Hugs, Deborah

On 7/30/07, glokay20022002 <glokay20022002@...> wrote:

Hi,

I was having alot of trouble sleeping so I bought a 5 inch down matress pad. It is like sleeping on a cloud. I still wake up alot, but am finally able to sleep. The pad cushions every one of my bones. I also sleep with a body pillow to cushion my knees and feet as I sleep on my side.

Hugs from Okla.,

Gloria> Hi I am new here. I have soooooo many questions that I do not know > where to start. I guess I have to start facing this diagnosis sometime > so...does anyone else wake ALL NIGHT LONG? It does not matter what I > take to sleep. I could take enough to put down a horse for the > night...yet...there I am...up over and over again.> Thanks for reading!

> > > > > > > Dear God, I thank you that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Lord, I pray that you will make me spiritually beautiful. I thank you that I am a new creation in Christ. Help me to walk in that truth today and wear that heavenly glow that only comes by spending time with You. > In Jesus' Name, Amen. > > > It's so much more friendly with two. Piglet, Pooh's Little Instruction Book, inspired by A.A. Milne>