nose. I used a Q-tip. gentle hugs! Marcia

--- <catdelouise@...> wrote:

> I see my Rheummy next Saturday, but I wondered if anyone found

> anything

> topical helpful their RA? Percoset and Vicodin is not cutting it for

>

> me and I feel like I want to rub something in my hands. Also, anyone

>

> have any luck with IcyHot or Thermacare?

>

> Thanks!

>

>

>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites.

Make your homepage.

http://www./r/hs

, I have found that the wellness patches work sometimes for me, I just cut them to the size and place I need them . Usually use them at bedtime especially on the knees and shoulders and si joints. Hope this might help u some. Marcia Stoyle <marciastoyle@...> wrote: Hi, ! I have not had any luck with anything topical. I trieda few, but they just left a lingering odor.

And if you use your fingerto apply it, you have to be very carefull not to touch your eye ornose. I used a Q-tip. gentle hugs! Marcia--- <catdelouisecomcast (DOT) net> wrote:> I see my Rheummy next Saturday, but I wondered if anyone found> anything > topical helpful their RA? Percoset and Vicodin is not cutting it for> > me and I feel like I want to rub something in my hands. Also, anyone> > have any luck with IcyHot or Thermacare?> > Thanks!> > > > __________________________________________________________Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make your homepage.http://www./r/hs

Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Mobile. Try it now.

>

> I see my Rheummy next Saturday, but I wondered if anyone found

anything

> topical helpful their RA? Percoset and Vicodin is not cutting it for

> me and I feel like I want to rub something in my hands. Also, anyone

>

> Thanks!

>

>

>

Hi ,

I have found that the hot wax helps.

My best friends are those cloth, rice filled bags you can pop in the microwave. When I have a particularly bad joint or even a sinus headache, they provide a moist-like heat...----- Original Message -----From: Reni <psalms107_20@...>Date: Friday, November 30, 2007 11:21Subject: Re: Hello Again,,,Still SufferingRheumatoid Arthritis > ,> I have found that the wellness patches work > sometimes for me, I just cut them to the size and > place I need them . Usually use them at > bedtime especially on the knees and shoulders and > si joints. Hope this might help u some.> > > Marcia Stoyle <marciastoyle@...> wrote:> Hi, > ! I have not had any luck with anything topical. I tried> a few, but they just left a lingering odor. And if you use your finger> to apply it, you have to be very carefull not to touch your eye or> nose. I used a Q-tip. gentle hugs! Marcia> > --- <catdelouise@...> wrote:> > > I see my Rheummy next Saturday, but I wondered if anyone found> > anything > > topical helpful their RA? Percoset and Vicodin is not cutting > it for> > > > me and I feel like I want to rub something in my hands. Also, anyone> > > > have any luck with IcyHot or Thermacare?> > > > Thanks!> > > > > > > > > > __________________________________________________________> Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. > Make your homepage.> http://www./r/hs > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with > Mobile. Try it now.

, I have used ben gay and it seems to help a bit. Its hard to use on your hands though. Heat usually works a little to. When my hands hurt I usually try washing some dishes to keep my hands in the hot water for a bit. I did see a comercial for hot packs that now fit around your hands. I hope they work. If you happen to try those could you let us know if it helped. I was excited when I saw them LOL. Good Luck! Maybe the week will fly by. My jaw has been flaring for weeks, I go to the docs on Monday. Cant wait for my cortisone shot. <catdelouise@...> wrote: I see my Rheummy next Saturday, but I wondered if anyone found anything topical helpful their RA? Percoset and Vicodin is not cutting it for me and I feel like I want to rub something in my hands. Also, anyone have any luck with IcyHot or Thermacare?Thanks!

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make your homepage.

Ben Gay is good but what I have found better than anything I've used the past 10 years, is rubbing alcohol with quite a lot of ground ginger root soaked in it. this is called a 'tincture'.(sometimes I add just a weee bit of cayene pepper, but be careful starting out with a small amount and build up to your desired level. I put it in a large mouthed (big enough to slip my whole hand into,) jar with a glass lid and keep it handy and when the demon strikes, just dip my hand into the jar and then rub the tincture into my skin like anyother rubbing alcohol treatment. Also I use ginger capsules (about 4 mg almost daily as it helps digestion and also heats the body to help with the pain.

The hot wax dips are very comforting, but don't last long and are difficult for one to manage alone.

exercising ones joints, hands, ankles...whatever.. is *absolutely* necessary to maintain motion and to strengthen the muscles. I haven't found anything to totally alleviate the pain, but these things give a bit of relief and even a little is welcome.--Leona, Lee, ... We wish you all the best,---- <angelac71@...> wrote:> ,> I have used ben gay and it seems to help a bit. Its hard to use on your hands though. Heat usually works a little to. When my hands hurt I usually try washing some dishes to keep my hands in the hot water for a bit. I did see a comercial for hot packs that now fit around your hands. I hope they work. If you happen to try those could you let us know if it helped. I was excited when I saw them LOL. Good Luck! Maybe the week will fly by. My jaw has been flaring for weeks, I go to the docs on Monday. Cant wait for my cortisone shot.> >> <catdelouise@...> wrote:> I see my Rheummy next Saturday, but I wondered if anyone found anything> topical helpful their RA? Percoset and Vicodin is not cutting it for> me and I feel like I want to rub something in my hands. Also, anyone> have any luck with IcyHot or Thermacare?>> Thanks!>> >>>>>>> >> ---------------------------------> Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make your homepage.

Dear - I swear by compression gloves the 3/4 length. I cannot function without them. Go to www.wisdomking.com and type into the search bar " edema compression gloves. They really help. Try warm water alternating with cool water. The gloves seal the heat in and massage the bones in your hands. They are easy care wash and dry and are like a second skin. Be sure to get them a size tighter because they do stretch over time. Hugs, Deborah

On Nov 30, 2007 10:42 AM, <catdelouise@...> wrote:

I see my Rheummy next Saturday, but I wondered if anyone found anything topical helpful their RA? Percoset and Vicodin is not cutting it for me and I feel like I want to rub something in my hands. Also, anyone have any luck with IcyHot or Thermacare?Thanks!

Thanks for your responses, all. , it is funny that you mention

the washing of dishes. That actually seems to make me worse, but I

am not sure if it is the heat or just using my hands in that manner.

Sometimes I am wondering if heat is even the right way to go as

nothing seems to be helping. It is 11:30 and I have already taken a

couple of Vicodin because I know with the way I am feeling now I will

not be able to get through the whole day.

In addition, I have a cold with laryngitis and now my Costochondritis

is flaring b/c I have been coughing so much. I haven't been this

sick in a long time.

It is snowing a bit but I need to go to the grocery store for a few

things. DH cannot do it as he has a rod in his leg and the 25 degree

weather will kill him! I guess I am the least sick of the two of us.

Woe is us. Thanks for reading my little pity party here!

> I see my Rheummy next Saturday, but I wondered if anyone

found anything

> topical helpful their RA? Percoset and Vicodin is not cutting it

for

> me and I feel like I want to rub something in my hands. Also,

anyone

>

> Thanks!

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>