RemedySpot.com

Re: Will colds always be bad

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My RA was diagnosed 4 years ago. I am on Embrel, Methotrexate and prednisolone. Since being diagnosed I have had at least two really bad chest infections each year, for which I have had to take antibiotics and an increased steroid dose. As a result I am now allergic to penicillin. Added to which I am a teacher of 7 years olds so it is impossible to steer clear of infection. I do wash my hands frequently, have liquid handwash on my desk and take Vitimin C. I don't want to give up my job as I love it. Despite all this, with medication, my RA is under control at the moment.

Helen

The trick when having RA and being immunosuppressed means the body is very weak and is susceptible to everything when it comes to transmitted bacteria, fungus and virus from humans, insects and even animals. Stay away from people with colds. Avoid large crowds, have hand sanitizer, ethyl alcohol specifically on hand. wipe every surface. Phones, counters, even a little under your nose. Do not invite or go to gathering where you know someone to be sick. I find Zicam to be truly remarkable. Zinc/Echinecea lozenges also help. Drink lots of liquids. The more you drink the more your mucuous membranes (sinus fluid) will thin and the easier you can breathe and remove the fluid from your body. Chicken soup does work. Literally flush the problem out of you body. As I posted in my last email, look into colloidal silver and fulvic acid as a supplement. I take serapeptase and a high probiotic enzyme formula which helps alot. Have you tried a nasal bath? Those are really helpful along with steam. Keep a humidifier in your room too. As for the hurting everywhere, a hot shower or even a heating pad might help. www.google.com " fast chicken soup base " for your jewish penicillin. Feel better soon. Deborah

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 9:35 AM, karenbeyke <karenbeyke@...> wrote:

Do patients with RA suffer more often and more severely from the common

cold? It seems that a simple head cold has lasted 3 weeks with no

relief--and everything hurts. Nurse says that's the way it will be.

Dosing up on Vitamin C and constantly downing cold medicine isn't doing

the trick. No fever, just nasal & cough. Is it true? Will simple

colds always be this bad?

I have found that when I do get a cold sore throat congestion etc. it is much harder to shake off and really getsme down. It is important to me to keep away from others with these conditions as much as possible and get plenty of rest and try to take some vitamins and eat right. Try to prevent them is the best thing!

From: karenbeyke <karenbeyke@...>Subject: Will colds always be badRheumatoid Arthritis Date: Tuesday, August 26, 2008, 7:35 AM

Do patients with RA suffer more often and more severely from the common cold? It seems that a simple head cold has lasted 3 weeks with no relief--and everything hurts. Nurse says that's the way it will be. Dosing up on Vitamin C and constantly downing cold medicine isn't doing the trick. No fever, just nasal & cough. Is it true? Will simple colds always be this bad?

Not in my experience. I have been diagnosed with RA for 15 years and

am on Enbrel plus a number of other meds. I also have pretty bad

osteoarthritis and fibromyalga. Sometimes my colds are mild and short-

lived, other times they are worse. Some years, I have had no colds at

all. The Enbrel does lower your immune system so that you have less

ability to fight off colds or infections if you are exposed to them.

At such times, I have stopped the Enbrel briefly. Seems to work for me.

ros

>

> Do patients with RA suffer more often and more severely from the

common

> cold? It seems that a simple head cold has lasted 3 weeks with no

> relief--and everything hurts. Nurse says that's the way it will be.

> Dosing up on Vitamin C and constantly downing cold medicine isn't

doing

> the trick. No fever, just nasal & cough. Is it true? Will simple

> colds always be this bad?

>

I highly recommend Colloidal Silver in hospital strength of 250 parts per million up to 1100ppm. A fulvic acid supplement might help considerably in your case as well. Both can be had at www.amazon.com or ebay.com. You can google both and read up on them. Thanks for your reply. Deborah

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 7:09 PM, <HelenLW7@...> wrote:

My RA was diagnosed 4 years ago. I am on Embrel, Methotrexate and prednisolone. Since being diagnosed I have had at least two really bad chest infections each year, for which I have had to take antibiotics and an increased steroid dose. As a result I am now allergic to penicillin. Added to which I am a teacher of 7 years olds so it is impossible to steer clear of infection. I do wash my hands frequently, have liquid handwash on my desk and take Vitimin C. I don't want to give up my job as I love it. Despite all this, with medication, my RA is under control at the moment.

Helen

I want to thank

everyone for replying. Since I wrote, I’ve been prescribed Avelox

(antibiotic) which didn’t work. Now I’m on a higher one (can’t

remember the name). I’m in my 6th week and I’m still

miserable. Just hoping to shake it and now you all have given me some great

leads. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: Rheumatoid Arthritis [mailto:Rheumatoid Arthritis ] On Behalf Of Deborah Bargad

Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2008

2:34 AM

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Subject: Re:

Will colds always be bad

I highly recommend

Colloidal Silver in hospital strength of 250 parts per million up to

1100ppm. A fulvic acid supplement might help considerably in your case as

well. Both can be had at www.amazon.com

or ebay.com. You can google both and read

up on them. Thanks for your reply. Deborah

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 7:09 PM, <HelenLW7aol>

wrote:

My RA

was diagnosed 4 years ago. I am on Embrel, Methotrexate and prednisolone. Since

being diagnosed I have had at least two really bad chest infections each year,

for which I have had to take antibiotics and an increased steroid dose. As a

result I am now allergic to penicillin. Added to which I am a teacher of 7

years olds so it is impossible to steer clear of infection. I do wash my hands

frequently, have liquid handwash on my desk and take Vitimin C. I don't want to

give up my job as I love it. Despite all this, with medication, my RA is under

control at the moment.

Helen

Hello I,m wondering do you recieve disability if so can you recommend me a good lawyer to assist me? I,m in the Houston area.

Helen

No, I’m not

on disability.

As for a lawyer

in Houston, I

really don’t know any.  But a great suggestion is to find the county in Houston that you are in,

look up the President of the local Bar Association, and ask them to give you

3-5 names.  (Usually attorneys don’t give out just 1 name for malpractice

reasons….)

Sometimes local

bars have referral services.  Some of them collect a small fee that gets

applied to your first (or second) consultation.

Hope this helps!

From: Rheumatoid Arthritis [mailto:Rheumatoid Arthritis ] On Behalf Of Angie Phea

Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2008

4:56 PM

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Subject: RE:

Will colds always be bad

Hello I,m wondering do you recieve disability

if so can you recommend me a good lawyer to assist me? I,m in the Houston area.

My RA was diagnosed 4 years ago. I

am on Embrel, Methotrexate and prednisolone. Since being diagnosed I have had

at least two really bad chest infections each year, for which I have had to

take antibiotics and an increased steroid dose. As a result I am now allergic

to penicillin. Added to which I am a teacher of 7 years olds so it is

impossible to steer clear of infection. I do wash my hands frequently, have

liquid handwash on my desk and take Vitimin C. I don't want to give up my job

as I love it. Despite all this, with medication, my RA is under control at

the moment.

Helen

I have been on both Enbrel and Humira and have quit taking both of them because I started developing severe sinus infections. Before taking Enbrel I hadn't needed an antibiotic more than once or twice in more than 10 years. I have had RA for 18 years and am 33 years old. I switched from Enbrel to Humira hoping that Humira would cause less of a problem but was still getting sick. As an Assistant Public Defender, I am exposed to a lot of illness both at the courthouse and at the jail as many of my clients cannot afford good health care. I am off meds right now because I haven't been able to get back to the doctor to figure out another option. I am in a bit of a flare up but am hangin in there.

----- Original Message ----From: "HelenLW7@..." <HelenLW7@...>Rheumatoid Arthritis Sent: Friday, September 5, 2008 6:09:52 PMSubject: Re: Will colds always be bad

Helen

Go to www.amazon.com and get colloidal silver in 250ppm strength. It attacks the enzyme in bacteria that cause an infection. Also try try fulvic acid as well in supplement form. It also works topically when you have a cut or clogged pore. It removes redness and inflammation as well as any white infective fluid. Yours, Deborah.

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Andie Fleming <Andie_Fleming@...> wrote:

I have been on both Enbrel and Humira and have quit taking both of them because I started developing severe sinus infections. Before taking Enbrel I hadn't needed an antibiotic more than once or twice in more than 10 years. I have had RA for 18 years and am 33 years old. I switched from Enbrel to Humira hoping that Humira would cause less of a problem but was still getting sick. As an Assistant Public Defender, I am exposed to a lot of illness both at the courthouse and at the jail as many of my clients cannot afford good health care. I am off meds right now because I haven't been able to get back to the doctor to figure out another option. I am in a bit of a flare up but am hangin in there.

----- Original Message ----From: " HelenLW7@... " <HelenLW7@...>

Rheumatoid Arthritis Sent: Friday, September 5, 2008 6:09:52 PMSubject: Re: Will colds always be bad

Helen