RemedySpot.com

RE: [SPAM] Ken and Minocin

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I haven’t tried Minocycline myself

because I was controlled well enough before I learned about it. On other

message boards I have been in contact with several people who have tried it and

most of them are quite happy with it and often take no other RA medications.

I have done well for about 5 years on Methotrexate weekly and Remicade every 8

weeks. Well, when getting started on Remicade I did go down to 6 weeks

between infusions but now I am back to 8 weeks.

Antibiotics like Minocin or its relatives

not only help RA but also kill off the good flora in our digestive tract that are

needed for proper nutrition. When you take an antibiotic you also need to

take a probiotic to replenish the good flora and help avoid leaky gut. Since

I’m not on an antibiotic I only take yogurt with acidophilus to help my

good flora but there are stronger and more balanced probiotics available from

health food stores. I have heard good things about Threelac but I’ve

never used it. I hope you have great success in treating your RA.

God bless.

Harold

Rheumatoid Arthritis

[mailto:Rheumatoid Arthritis ] On

Behalf Of Ken

Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2007

12:28 PM

To:

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Subject:

[sPAM] Ken and Minocin

Thanks to all who shared on the topic of nodules. What you wrote is

reassuring.

I am taking Minocin 100 mg for my RA and wonder if any of you, Leona,

Harold and all have never tried Antibiotic Therapy. Am I wasting my

time on it?

Ken.

_,_._,___

I have had RA for one year. My RA factor at diagnosis was 2125. I started out on methotrexate and prednisone. That didnt work well and now I am on enbrel once a week injection and plaquniel. I also take hydrocodone, flexaril,darvocet, neurontin plus about 14 more meds per day. I hav'nt tried an antibiotic. I go Wednesday to see my rummy. I want to know if my factor is going down. I sure am hurting a lot. I had a bad case of neuropathy before I got RA. It sure is good to hear from all of you. Thank you for your openness and have a Merry Christmas. dearhunterHarold Van Tuyl <hvantuyl@...> wrote: I haven’t tried Minocycline myself because I was controlled well enough before I learned about it. On other message boards I have been in contact with several people who have tried it and most of them are quite happy with it and often take no other RA medications. I have done well for about 5 years on Methotrexate weekly and Remicade every 8 weeks. Well, when getting started on Remicade I did go down to 6 weeks between infusions but now I am back to 8 weeks. Antibiotics like Minocin or its relatives not only help RA but also kill off the good flora in our digestive tract that are needed for proper nutrition. When you take an antibiotic you also need to take a probiotic to replenish the good flora and help avoid leaky gut. Since I’m not on an antibiotic I only take yogurt with acidophilus to help my good flora but there are stronger and more balanced probiotics available from health food stores. I have heard good things about Threelac but I’ve never used it. I hope you have great success in treating your RA. God bless. Harold From: Rheumatoid Arthritis [mailto:Rheumatoid Arthritis ] On Behalf Of KenSent: Sunday, December 16, 2007 12:28 PMTo:

Rheumatoid Arthritis Subject: [sPAM] Ken and Minocin Thanks to all who shared on the topic of nodules. What you wrote is reassuring.I am taking Minocin 100 mg for my RA and wonder if any of you, Leona, Harold and all have never tried Antibiotic Therapy. Am I wasting my time on it?Ken._,_._,___

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.