RemedySpot.com

RE: RA Nodules

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sorry, Betty. I don't know of a cure for rheumatoid nodules. Sometimes

MTX can increase the number of the nodules, but I can't remember if you

are on it.

I would bring this up at your next appointment with your rheumatologist.

I'm very sorry they bother you.

[ ] RA nodules

> I have the ugliest lumps below both elbows, love long sleeves! I

> have small ones, about the size of little peas, starting on several

> fingers where they hook on to the hand. Not too noticable yet, but

> what if anything can be done? Still able to move fingers just fine,

> arms and neck too......maybe I should be thankful for what I do have,

> and am, but hate the looks of these bumps. Has anyone found a cure or

> help for this? Thanks, Betty in MO

• 4 years later...

I have one on the inside of my left wrist. It doesn't hurt unless I bump it. So far it's the only one I have.

Vicki

----- Original Message ----From: Ken <maputo95@...>Rheumatoid Arthritis Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 5:06:20 PMSubject: RA Nodules

Seasons greetings. I have deveoped a nodule on my right hand above aknuckle. Please could anyone give advice or share their experience onthesepesky lumps.ThanksKen.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

I have them in elbows, ankles too

--- Vicki Hoyt <dvhoyt@...> wrote:

> I have one on the inside of my left wrist. It

> doesn't hurt unless I bump it. So far it's the only

> one I have.

> Vicki

>

>

>

> ----- Original Message ----

> From: Ken <maputo95@...>

> Rheumatoid Arthritis

> Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 5:06:20 PM

> Subject: RA Nodules

>

> Seasons greetings. I have deveoped a nodule on my

> right hand above a

> knuckle. Please could anyone give advice or share

> their experience on

> thesepesky lumps.

>

> Thanks

>

> Ken.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

> Never miss a thing. Make your home page.

> http://www./r/hs

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Find them fast with Search.

http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

Ken, I have a very large one on the top of my left wrist. Several on both arms right before you get to the elbows and several on the backs of my ankles. The further my ra gets out of control and the longer this goes on the larger and more painful they get. I have found the current meds I am on (MTX injections wkly .9cc and Enbrel 1week) have seemed to keep me under control pretty well, plus I try to watch what I eat so I can keep the

foods i know give me trouble out of my diet. Hope this helps. Vicki Hoyt <dvhoyt@...> wrote: I have one on the inside of my left wrist. It doesn't hurt unless I bump it. So far it's the only one I have. Vicki ----- Original Message ----From: Ken <maputo95 >Rheumatoid Arthritis Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 5:06:20 PMSubject: RA Nodules Seasons greetings. I have deveoped a nodule on my right hand above aknuckle. Please could anyone give advice or share their experience onthesepesky lumps.ThanksKen. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

In my opinion, surgery is a waste of time and money and why put up with more discomfort of surgery?. They will come and go and are of little cause to worry. I had a lot of them during a hard flare and then they go away and haven't had them too bad since. I do have a lot of swelling and puffiness during flares, also seem to have the hard fiber ball joint in upper ring finger pop out several years ago and it doesn't look too good, but it doesn't bother me now except when the hand has a flare as it does a bit now. My main frustrations are the incessant pain and exteme fatigue.

I think getting as close to 8 hours of sleep as possible has helped some. I may get it 3 to five hours at a time (or less <G>) but am happy if I can get at least, durring the night, up to 3 hours at a time and hope I can get the fragments to total 8 or 9 hours for each 24 hour period, but very happy if get 7 total. Used to live, for the past 60 years on about 5 hours a night but need more now.

My last visit Dr says the RA factor or what ever it is called is down from last check of 380 to 259 so i guess that is some kind of progress.

dangetty dang dangy! I am just rambling now!

--Leona, Lee, Jackie, Tvksi, Granny and Momma. We wish you all the best,---- Harold Van Tuyl <hvantuyl@...> wrote:> Hi Ken,>>>> I usually have about 20 of them somewhere on my hands and some seem to stay> and others come and go at their pleasure. They don't hurt me unless I bang> them or put a fair amount of pressure on them but it sometimes does make it> difficult to grip objects with force. They can be removed surgically but> they are likely to come back about as bad as before. I don't have any clue> about what causes then to disappear or to reappear. I have had nodules for> about 5 years. Sorry I don't have any more information on them. God bless.>>>> Harold>>>> _____>> From: Rheumatoid Arthritis > [mailto:Rheumatoid Arthritis ] On Behalf Of Ken> Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 3:06 PM> Rheumatoid Arthritis > Subject: [sPAM] RA Nodules>>>> Seasons greetings. I have deveoped a nodule on my right hand above a> knuckle. Please could anyone give advice or share their experience on> thesepesky lumps.>> Thanks>> Ken.>>>