RemedySpot.com

Re: Taking MTX

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I still get queasy ,but itake alot of other meds.On 7/20/07, sugarcookie59 <sugarcookie59@...> wrote:

I find that taking folic acid keeps all the queasiness away ~ I always

take the MTX before bed time ~ Once in bed, Im usually right off to

sleep ~ dosnt take long ~

I also take a muscle relaxant ~ due to the Fibromyalgia ~ I usually

sleep like a baby ~

With all the moisture in the air here in Connecticut this week ~ my

body is tired (very tired) and achy all over.

Guest guest

I also take folic acid with alongside MTX but find that it gives me stomach upset. I am also very anaemic due to haveing very active RA and my doctor has given me a high dose iron supplement combined with folic acid, so I am struggling wih that at the moment with my stomach problems. It seems I may have to go on to iron injections as my stomach is so sensitive. I do not suffer nausea from the MTX which is great, but I do suffer svere exhaustion 2 days after my weekly dose and this lasts for 2 days. I had to look after my little grandson yesterday who is not well while his mom went to work, and it was one of my exhausted days, needless to say when I got home I just crashed out. Also, my daughter lives in a 3 storey house so I had to climb 2 flights of steep stairs all day - and today I have completely seized up, my husband had to help me out of bed and to get dressed. We in the UK are suffering our worst summer for many years, everywhere flooded, many people homeless. Needless to say this terrible weather is bad for us RA sufferers but that is nothing compared to the poor people who have lost everthing in the storms here so I am counting my blessings !! best wishes - Lynda (from rain sodden and flooded Shropshire, England !!) sugarcookie59 <sugarcookie59@...> wrote: I find that taking folic acid keeps all the queasiness away ~ I always take the MTX before bed time ~ Once in bed, Im usually right off to sleep ~ dosnt take long ~ I also take a muscle relaxant ~ due to the Fibromyalgia ~ I usually sleep like a baby ~ With all the moisture in the air here in Connecticut this week ~ my body is tired (very tired) and achy all over.

Guest guest

I also take folic acid with alongside MTX but find that it gives me stomach upset. I am also very anaemic due to haveing very active RA and my doctor has given me a high dose iron supplement combined with folic acid, so I am struggling wih that at the moment with my stomach problems. It seems I may have to go on to iron injections as my stomach is so sensitive. I do not suffer nausea from the MTX which is great, but I do suffer svere exhaustion 2 days after my weekly dose and this lasts for 2 days. I had to look after my little grandson yesterday who is not well while his mom went to work, and it was one of my exhausted days, needless to say when I got home I just crashed out. Also, my daughter lives in a 3 storey house so I had to climb 2 flights of steep stairs all day - and today I have completely seized up, my husband had to help me out of bed and to get dressed. We in the UK are suffering our worst summer for many years, everywhere flooded, many people homeless. Needless to say this terrible weather is bad for us RA sufferers but that is nothing compared to the poor people who have lost everthing in the storms here so I am counting my blessings !! best wishes - Lynda (from rain sodden and flooded Shropshire, England !!) sugarcookie59 <sugarcookie59@...> wrote: I find that taking folic acid keeps all the queasiness away ~ I always take the MTX before bed time ~ Once in bed, Im usually right off to sleep ~ dosnt take long ~ I also take a muscle relaxant ~ due to the Fibromyalgia ~ I usually sleep like a baby ~ With all the moisture in the air here in Connecticut this week ~ my body is tired (very tired) and achy all over.

Guest guest

Dear lynda- Do Try Nulev. It contains magnesium and helps SO MUCH with the stomach thing. I found yogurt helps immensely to coat the stomach and protect the lining as well. Try to stay away from acidic products too like citric juices and tomato sauces unless they are cream sauces. Hugs, Deborah

On 7/21/07, KENNETH PARTON <lynda.parton@...> wrote:

I also take folic acid with alongside MTX but find that it gives me stomach upset.

I am also very anaemic due to haveing very active RA and my doctor has given me a high dose iron supplement combined with folic acid, so I am struggling wih that at the moment with my stomach problems. It seems I may have to go on to iron injections as my stomach is so sensitive.

I do not suffer nausea from the MTX which is great, but I do suffer svere exhaustion 2 days after my weekly dose and this lasts for 2 days. I had to look after my little grandson yesterday who is not well while his mom went to work, and it was one of my exhausted days, needless to say when I got home I just crashed out. Also, my daughter lives in a 3 storey house so I had to climb 2 flights of steep stairs all day - and today I have completely seized up, my husband had to help me out of bed and to get dressed.

We in the UK are suffering our worst summer for many years, everywhere flooded, many people homeless. Needless to say this terrible weather is bad for us RA sufferers but that is nothing compared to the poor people who have lost everthing in the storms here so I am counting my blessings !!

best wishes - Lynda (from rain sodden and flooded Shropshire, England !!)

sugarcookie59 <sugarcookie59 > wrote:

I find that taking folic acid keeps all the queasiness away ~ I always take the MTX before bed time ~ Once in bed, Im usually right off to sleep ~ dosnt take long ~ I also take a muscle relaxant ~ due to the Fibromyalgia ~ I usually sleep like a baby ~ With all the moisture in the air here in Connecticut this week ~ my body is tired (very tired) and achy all over.

Guest guest

as i said before, i take mine twice a day - morning and evening. i've

been taking the ginger root three times a day on the weekends and that

really helps with the queasiness. and yes, i take folic acid. but

interestingly, i started taking the evening dose right before bed and i

find that i don't sleep well at all, matter of fact - i seem to be up

half the night. coincidence ? ? ? don't know . . . . .

hugs, bon/boys

>

> I find that taking folic acid keeps all the queasiness away ~ I

always

> take the MTX before bed time ~ Once in bed, Im usually right off to

> sleep ~ dosnt take long ~

>

> I also take a muscle relaxant ~ due to the Fibromyalgia ~ I usually

> sleep like a baby ~

>

> With all the moisture in the air here in Connecticut this week ~ my

> body is tired (very tired) and achy all over.

>

Guest guest

Bonnie- THe MTX might have the same effect as say a claritin or Remicade has. I would suggest trying valerian root which is completely natural or passionflower root or a hops herb blend for help sleeping and simply relaxing. Read up on them online and see what you think. Lemonbalm might also help. I am so glad ginger is helping. Keep me posted. You are in my thoughts. Hugs, Deborah

On 7/23/07, bonniebaron <bonniebaron@...> wrote:

as i said before, i take mine twice a day - morning and evening. i've been taking the ginger root three times a day on the weekends and that really helps with the queasiness. and yes, i take folic acid. but interestingly, i started taking the evening dose right before bed and i find that i don't sleep well at all, matter of fact - i seem to be up half the night. coincidence ? ? ? don't know . . . . .

hugs, bon/boys>> I find that taking folic acid keeps all the queasiness away ~ I always > take the MTX before bed time ~ Once in bed, Im usually right off to > sleep ~ dosnt take long ~ > > I also take a muscle relaxant ~ due to the Fibromyalgia ~ I usually > sleep like a baby ~ > > With all the moisture in the air here in Connecticut this week ~ my > body is tired (very tired) and achy all over.>

Guest guest

i guess i wasn't clear, i don't think the mtx actually keeps me up

since i tend to wake up numerous times throughout the night anyway,

always have, it's just that so many people talk about how it helps

them to sleep, guess i was just hoping that would happen to me too

<g> as for the valerian, i've tried it - doesn't do a thing. i think

i've tried most non-script sleep aids without much luck. oh

well . . . . no real biggie since i usually can fall back to sleep

without too much trouble. don't know about lemonbalm . . . . that's

one i've never heard of. maybe i'll check it out.

hugs, bon/boys

> > >

> > > I find that taking folic acid keeps all the queasiness away ~ I

> > always

> > > take the MTX before bed time ~ Once in bed, Im usually right

off to

> > > sleep ~ dosnt take long ~

> > >

> > > I also take a muscle relaxant ~ due to the Fibromyalgia ~ I

usually

> > > sleep like a baby ~

> > >

> > > With all the moisture in the air here in Connecticut this week

~ my

> > > body is tired (very tired) and achy all over.

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

ive been taking mtx for about a year with good results until now - i had blood work done and my whitecell count was extremely low and they took me off mtx and i have to take leucovorin calcium 3 pills a day for 3 days and get tested again - happen to anyone else?

----- Original Message -----

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 3:02 PM

Subject: Re: Taking MTX

i guess i wasn't clear, i don't think the mtx actually keeps me up since i tend to wake up numerous times throughout the night anyway, always have, it's just that so many people talk about how it helps them to sleep, guess i was just hoping that would happen to me too <g> as for the valerian, i've tried it - doesn't do a thing. i think i've tried most non-script sleep aids without much luck. oh well . . . . no real biggie since i usually can fall back to sleep without too much trouble. don't know about lemonbalm . . . . that's one i've never heard of. maybe i'll check it out.hugs, bon/boys> > >> > > I find that taking folic acid keeps all the queasiness away ~ I> > always> > > take the MTX before bed time ~ Once in bed, Im usually right off to> > > sleep ~ dosnt take long ~> > >> > > I also take a muscle relaxant ~ due to the Fibromyalgia ~ I usually> > > sleep like a baby ~> > >> > > With all the moisture in the air here in Connecticut this week ~ my> > > body is tired (very tired) and achy all over.> > >> >> > > >>

Guest guest

My white count was always high and then liver damage......so no more MTX .....

Carla :)

Posted by: " jeanneteter@... "

jeanneteter@... ffundoog

Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:25 pm (PST)

ive been taking mtx for about a year with good results until now - i had blood work done and my whitecell count was extremely low and they took me off mtx and i have to take leucovorin calcium 3 pills a day for 3 days and get tested again - happen to anyone else?

-- .-.. .-.. ( o )_( o ) __ / '-' '-' \ __ / / " \ \

| \ \___/ / | \ \`-. ____ .-' / / - ' /\ /\ '-. ( (_// (_ _) \\_) )

frogge ºÜº http://www.myspace.com/froggelady

Guest guest

my white count is extremely low - i wonder whar that means

----- Original Message -----

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2007 12:46 PM

Subject: Re: Taking MTX

My white count was always high and then liver damage......so no more MTX .....

Carla :)

Posted by: "jeannetetersbcglobal (DOT) net" jeannetetersbcglobal (DOT) net ffundoog

Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:25 pm (PST)

-- .-.. .-.. ( o )_( o ) __ / '-' '-' \ __ / / " \ \ | \ \___/ / | \ \`-. ____ .-' / / - ' /\ /\ '-. ( (_// (_ _) \\_) ) frogge ºÜº http://www.myspace.com/froggelady