RemedySpot.com

Re: 1 totoalwrist replacement nightmare=11 surgeries HELP

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Rhonda- I always believe that once a procedure is done, namely an invasive one you can heal from it barring an infection but if you have had numerous surgeries than the body cant heal itself as well especially if your immune system is compromised from RA. I understand that the doctors want to graft vessels or arteries to bring or draw blood from other parts of your body to provide a blood supply to the wound. Next they will try to graft or grow skin into that. I will look online and try to find some additional information for you. I know its frightening. You can call your local Arthritis Foundation Chapter for referrals or just to talk to someone that might be able to provide more help. (

www.arthritsfoundation.org) If I can find anything that might help you, I will send it to you. Hang on and Hang in. I know you are frightened and confused and have been through alot. You will get through this. You are a testament to a strong will and I know it will see you through this also. Gentle Hugs, Deborah

On 7/17/07, Rhonda <unclebad@...> wrote:

Hi This is Rhonda again. I had In april of 2005 a total wrist replacement, Dr. had to remove, then a wrist fusing had to go in and remove the plate and screws body rejected it... 10 surgeries later I still have an open wound. Now they need to take an artirity and a vain from my forearm and place it where the open wound is and also do a skin graff. They are saying there is no bloood there to hell the wound! I really need to talk to someone about this I am very confused. If

someone can help me please I would love to hear from you! Thank you so much Rhonda H. in waterford mich.

Guest guest

READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.zfootdoc.com/new_page_42.htm

On 7/17/07, Deborah Bargad <dbargad@...> wrote:

Dear Rhonda- I always believe that once a procedure is done, namely an invasive one you can heal from it barring an infection but if you have had numerous surgeries than the body cant heal itself as well especially if your immune system is compromised from RA. I understand that the doctors want to graft vessels or arteries to bring or draw blood from other parts of your body to provide a blood supply to the wound. Next they will try to graft or grow skin into that. I will look online and try to find some additional information for you. I know its frightening. You can call your local Arthritis Foundation Chapter for referrals or just to talk to someone that might be able to provide more help. ( www.arthritsfoundation.org) If I can find anything that might help you, I will send it to you. Hang on and Hang in. I know you are frightened and confused and have been through alot. You will get through this. You are a testament to a strong will and I know it will see you through this also. Gentle Hugs, Deborah

On 7/17/07, Rhonda <unclebad@...

> wrote:

Hi This is Rhonda again. I had In april of 2005 a total wrist replacement, Dr. had to remove, then a wrist fusing had to go in and remove the plate and screws body rejected it... 10 surgeries later I still have an open wound. Now they need to take an artirity and a vain from my forearm and place it where the open wound is and also do a skin graff. They are saying there is no bloood there to hell the wound! I really need to talk to someone about this I am very confused. If

someone can help me please I would love to hear from you! Thank you so much Rhonda H. in waterford mich.

Guest guest

> > >> > > Hi This is Rhonda again. I had In april of 2005 a total wrist> > > replacement, Dr. had to remove, then a wrist fusing had to go in and> > > remove the plate and screws body rejected it... 10 surgeries later I> > > still have an open wound. Now they need to take an artirity and a vain> > > from my forearm and place it where the open wound is and also do a skin> > > graff. They are saying there is no bloood there to hell the wound! I> > > really need to talk to someone about this I am very confused. If> > > someone can help me please I would love to hear from you!> > > Thank you so much Rhonda H. in waterford mich.> > >> > > Hi Deborah, thank you very much for the info. This is a new Dr. I am going to right now he is a plastic surgernt and does reconstruction surgery on the wrists and hands. I hope and pray everything goes good. I am having the surgery on Thursday July 26th. I will be in the hospital so after I get back home and feel better I will let you know how it went. Thank you again for the web site info. Talk to you soon. Rhonda> > >> >> >>