RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: The results Are in - RA Factor is 61 from 36.5 that it ws in 2004.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This makes me wonder what chart they are using. My PCP and my

neurologist told me that as long as it is lower than your age they don't

worry about it. I am 48, will be 49 this year. My sed rate is 58 and

the RA told me I don't have RA - remember earlier when I sent the email

of my first visit to the RA and she told me I don't have RA?

What the heck is going on here? I don't understand doctors and I am

not sure if that is a good thing or not.

lLa in Maine mailto:sewcraftyme@...

Man is the only Animal that Blushes. Or needs to. Mark Twain

Guest guest

Hi everyone. I have to see my RD on monday for a follow up appoinment. I am on remicade and MTX two 2.5gr pills each week. This month with the crazy cold weather my RA has been bad. I convinced the Dr. to let me try cyclosporine. I had used it before Remicade so though it might help. No go. It is a TNF binding agent and an antimalarial also. Since I am on Remicade and Plaquenil both are contra indicated and I had immediate visual problems so Cyclo is off the table for now. In desperation from pain and after reading about MTX and how it actually prevents new cells for dividing I decided to up my MTX from 2 to 3 three weeks ago and then added another pill and am up to 6 pills now. The wierd part is that I usually feel wiped out the day after. Dragging etc. But last week I took 3 on thurs and 4 on Fri and got up with a bit of energy and much less of a flare. I took it before bed. NO Nausea. This is day two of my second dose and feel a bit tired but better than I usually am. My conclusion is this. I was not taking enough MTX to keep my Ra at bay. Since its a chemo drug, it targets abnormal cells like RA cells that divide too fast and they act just like cancer cells so are targeted immediately. I know pain and I know the increased MTX has helped. Monday I will ask for leucovorin or folic acid but have been feeling a bit more normal despite our blizzard and foot of snow. I also have an uber multi chewable with iron and folate that I take one of before I go to bed each night which seems to help and a skin and hair multi after two days after MTX. I will keep you appraised. Hugs, Deborah

On 4/6/07, Ila <sewcraftyme@...> wrote:

This makes me wonder what chart they are using. My PCP and my neurologist told me that as long as it is lower than your age they don't worry about it. I am 48, will be 49 this year. My sed rate is 58 and

the RA told me I don't have RA - remember earlier when I sent the email of my first visit to the RA and she told me I don't have RA?What the heck is going on here? I don't understand doctors and I am not sure if that is a good thing or not.lLa in Maine mailto:sewcraftyme@...

Guest guest

Re MTX - when I took it my doctor was pretty clear that while I could split the dose within 24 hours - it had to be within that time frame. So if I was supposed to take 6 or 8 pills I could take 3 & 3 or 4 & 4 but they had to be taken exactly 12 hours apart. I wonder how it works taking it over two different days. I was under the impression it wouldn't work on the RA as well that way from what I'd read and my doctor's comments.

I stopped taking it because I had three days of side effects (headache, stomach, exhaustion) and just couldn't function like that.

On 4/6/07, Deborah Bargad <dbargad@...> wrote:

Hi everyone. I have to see my RD on monday for a follow up appoinment. I am on remicade and MTX two 2.5gr pills each week. This month with the crazy cold weather my RA has been bad. I convinced the Dr. to let me try cyclosporine. I had used it before Remicade so though it might help. No go. It is a TNF binding agent and an antimalarial also. Since I am on Remicade and Plaquenil both are contra indicated and I had immediate visual problems so Cyclo is off the table for now. In desperation from pain and after reading about MTX and how it actually prevents new cells for dividing I decided to up my MTX from 2 to 3 three weeks ago and then added another pill and am up to 6 pills now. The wierd part is that I usually feel wiped out the day after. Dragging etc. But last week I took 3 on thurs and 4 on Fri and got up with a bit of energy and much less of a flare. I took it before bed. NO Nausea. This is day two of my second dose and feel a bit tired but better than I usually am. My conclusion is this. I was not taking enough MTX to keep my Ra at bay. Since its a chemo drug, it targets abnormal cells like RA cells that divide too fast and they act just like cancer cells so are targeted immediately. I know pain and I know the increased MTX has helped. Monday I will ask for leucovorin or folic acid but have been feeling a bit more normal despite our blizzard and foot of snow. I also have an uber multi chewable with iron and folate that I take one of before I go to bed each night which seems to help and a skin and hair multi after two days after MTX. I will keep you appraised. Hugs, Deborah

On 4/6/07, Ila <sewcraftyme@...

> wrote:

This makes me wonder what chart they are using. My PCP and my neurologist told me that as long as it is lower than your age they don't worry about it. I am 48, will be 49 this year. My sed rate is 58 and

the RA told me I don't have RA - remember earlier when I sent the email of my first visit to the RA and she told me I don't have RA?What the heck is going on here? I don't understand doctors and I am not sure if that is a good thing or not.lLa in Maine mailto:sewcraftyme@...

Guest guest

I got this off a site i refer to alot thought it might help the titer questions. Rheumatoid Factor Abnormal Immunoglobulin G (IgG) antibodies are produced by the lymphocytes in the synovial membranes. They act as antigens. Other IgG and IgM antibodies react with these abnormal antigens to produce immune complexes. The reactive IgM is called the Rheumatoid Factor (RF). In English that means that in people with RA the immune system goes haywire and the process creates some abnormal antibodies. The RF is a measurement of the reactive IgM antibodies. It is important to note that the exact role of these antibodies in rheumatoid arthritis is not yet fully understood. Approximately 80% of the people with

rheumatoid arthritis have positive titers. The other 20% are considered seronegative which means the have no identifiable RF present. So, a negative RF does not rule out the existence of RA. The factor may also be found in the presence of other autoimmune diseases and even in a small percentage of healthy people. Type of Test: Blood Test What the Results Mean: The Rheumatoid Factor is usually expressed as titer. A normal or negative titer is less than 1:20. Levels between 1:20 and 1:80 may indicate something is going on, but not necessarily rheumatoid arthritis. Other autoimmune diseases such as lupus and Sjogrens

syndrome may cause a low positive titer. Heart disease, liver disease, mononucleosis and other conditions may also cause a positive result. Titers over 1:80 are usually, but not always indicative of rheumatoid arthritis. Since this is not a definitive test, a diagnosis should never be based solely on the results of the rheumatoid factor. Krauss <sekrauss@...> wrote: Re MTX -

when I took it my doctor was pretty clear that while I could split the dose within 24 hours - it had to be within that time frame. So if I was supposed to take 6 or 8 pills I could take 3 & 3 or 4 & 4 but they had to be taken exactly 12 hours apart. I wonder how it works taking it over two different days. I was under the impression it wouldn't work on the RA as well that way from what I'd read and my doctor's comments. I stopped taking it because I had three days of side effects (headache, stomach, exhaustion) and just couldn't function like that. On 4/6/07, Deborah Bargad <dbargadgmail> wrote: Hi everyone. I have to see my RD on monday for a follow up appoinment. I am on remicade and MTX two 2.5gr pills each week. This month with the crazy cold weather my RA has been bad. I convinced the Dr. to let me try cyclosporine. I had used it before Remicade so though it might help. No go. It is a TNF binding agent and an antimalarial also. Since I am on Remicade and Plaquenil both are contra indicated and I had immediate visual problems so Cyclo is off the table for now. In desperation from pain and after reading about MTX and how it actually prevents new cells for dividing I decided to up my MTX from 2 to 3 three weeks ago and then added another pill and am up to 6 pills now. The wierd part is that I usually feel wiped out the day after. Dragging etc. But last week I took 3 on thurs and 4 on Fri and got up with a bit of energy and much less of a flare. I took it before bed. NO

Nausea. This is day two of my second dose and feel a bit tired but better than I usually am. My conclusion is this. I was not taking enough MTX to keep my Ra at bay. Since its a chemo drug, it targets abnormal cells like RA cells that divide too fast and they act just like cancer cells so are targeted immediately. I know pain and I know the increased MTX has helped. Monday I will ask for leucovorin or folic acid but have been feeling a bit more normal despite our blizzard and foot of snow. I also have an uber multi chewable with iron and folate that I take one of before I go to bed each night which seems to help and a skin and hair multi after two days after MTX. I will keep you appraised. Hugs, Deborah On 4/6/07, Ila <sewcraftymemaine (DOT) rr.com > wrote: This makes me wonder what chart they are using. My PCP and my neurologist told me that as long as it is lower than your age they don't worry about it. I am 48, will be 49 this year. My sed rate is 58 and the RA told me I don't have RA - remember earlier when I sent the email of my first visit to the RA and she told me I don't have RA?What the heck is going on here? I don't understand doctors and I am not sure if that is a good thing or not.lLa in Maine mailto:sewcraftymemaine (DOT) rr.comMan is the only Animal that Blushes. Or needs to. Mark Twain Dear God, I thank you that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Lord, I pray that you will make me spiritually beautiful. I thank you that I am a new creation in Christ. Help me to walk in that truth today and wear that heavenly glow that only comes by spending time with You. In Jesus' Name, Amen. It's so much more friendly with two. Piglet, Pooh's Little Instruction Book, inspired by A.A. Milne