RemedySpot.com

Re: Good Luck Carole

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Carole I too am starting MTX soon and I know two people who have used it for years with great results. One lady is 69 and still working full time as a teacher thanks to MTX. Often the side effects are minimal for many people. Let's keep in touch regarding our progress on MTX. Good Luck Carole. Ken.Carole Aleman <moondahtoo@...> wrote: Thanks for your responses to my question about what to expect when

taking Methotrexate. I already have some joint damage so I am trying it in hope that it stops the progression of the disease. The side effects of the drug are scary but I really don't know what else to do at this point. Take care. Carole Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

I started the MTX two weeks ago. I have been taking it on Friday evening (on a full stomach) and haven't had any problems so far. I am also trying an anti-inflammatory diet -- I was eating way too much junk! Hope we both have results!! Carole Ken Pearson <maputo95@...> wrote: Carole I too am starting MTX soon and I know two people who have used it for years with great results. One lady is 69 and still working

full time as a teacher thanks to MTX. Often the side effects are minimal for many people. Let's keep in touch regarding our progress on MTX. Good Luck Carole. Ken.Carole Aleman <moondahtoo > wrote: Thanks for your responses to my question about what to expect when taking Methotrexate. I already have some joint damage so I am trying it in hope that it stops the progression of the disease. The side effects of the drug are scary but I really don't know what else to do at this point. Take care. Carole Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

Carole and Ken, I took MTX for one year only. It made me nauseous,

and unable to function for 24 hours. So, I took mine on Saturdays, at

bedtime. I had Sundays to recuperate. gentle hugs! Marcia

--- Ken Pearson <maputo95@...> wrote:

> Carole

> I too am starting MTX soon and I know two people who have used it

> for years with great results. One lady is 69 and still working full

> time as a teacher thanks to MTX. Often the side effects are minimal

> for many people.

>

> Let's keep in touch regarding our progress on MTX.

>

> Good Luck Carole.

>

> Ken.

>

> Carole Aleman <moondahtoo@...> wrote:

> Thanks for your responses to my question about what to

> expect when taking Methotrexate.

>

> I already have some joint damage so I am trying it in hope that it

> stops the progression of the disease. The side effects of the drug

> are scary but I really don't know what else to do at this point.

>

> Take care.

>

> Carole

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile.

> Try it now.

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

Search.

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Find them fast with Search.

http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

Guest guest

Carole and Ken, I have been taking MTX for 12 months now, yes - I do have side effects, the main one being stomach gripes and nausea and exhaustion for 2 days following taking the drug, but I have to say that this drug has turned my life around. Before taking the drug I thought I was going to die with the pain, I could not function, could not walk, get into or out of bed, get dressed, my life had ceased to function really. It took approx. 4 months before I started to feel the benefit of MTX, but slowly I feel I have partially returned to my old self. I still have lots of pain and many deformed joints, but without this drug I think my life was not worth living. I am hopefully moving on to an anti TNF soon if my rheumatologist can get funding for it (I live in UK and rely on our National Health Service, where all drugs and treatment is free) however, because these drugs are so expensive, permission still

has to be granted to have them prescribed. My thoughts are with you. Try MTX - be patient remeber it takes time to work. I am sure you will find the same relief I have. God bless you, best wishes - from Lynda ps - my little West Highland terrier had to be euthanased today, he had bowel cancer. My husband Ken and I are traumatised, we loved him so much - his name was Basil and he was 11 years of age. Marcia Stoyle <marciastoyle@...> wrote: Carole and Ken, I took MTX for one year only. It made me nauseous,and unable to function for 24 hours. So, I took mine on Saturdays, atbedtime. I had Sundays to recuperate. gentle hugs! Marcia--- Ken Pearson <maputo95 > wrote:> Carole> I too am starting MTX soon and I know two people who have used it> for years with great results. One lady is 69 and still working full> time as a teacher thanks to MTX. Often the side effects are minimal> for many people. > > Let's keep in touch regarding our progress on MTX.> > Good Luck Carole.> > Ken.> > Carole Aleman <moondahtoo > wrote:> Thanks for your responses to my question about what to> expect when

taking Methotrexate. > > I already have some joint damage so I am trying it in hope that it> stops the progression of the disease. The side effects of the drug> are scary but I really don't know what else to do at this point.> > Take care.> > Carole> > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile.> Try it now. > > > > > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.__________________________________________________________Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

Guest guest

Great to hear that you haven't had any problems after two weeks of MTX. Do let us know how the RA was affecting you and about your diet! Let us postulate wellness!! Ken.Carole Aleman <moondahtoo@...> wrote: I started the MTX two weeks ago. I have been taking it on Friday evening (on a full stomach) and haven't had any problems so far. I am also trying an anti-inflammatory diet -- I was eating way too

much junk! Hope we both have results!! Carole Ken Pearson <maputo95 > wrote: Carole I too am starting MTX soon and I know two people who have used it for years with great results. One lady is 69 and still working full time as a teacher thanks to MTX. Often the side effects are minimal for many people. Let's keep in touch regarding our progress on MTX. Good Luck Carole. Ken.Carole Aleman <moondahtoo > wrote: Thanks for your responses to my question about what to expect when taking Methotrexate.

I already have some joint damage so I am trying it in hope that it stops the progression of the disease. The side effects of the drug are scary but I really don't know what else to do at this point. Take care. Carole Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

Hi Carole How are you doing? I am still wting to get my script for MTX. Ken.Carole Aleman <moondahtoo@...> wrote: I started the MTX two weeks ago. I have been taking it on Friday evening (on a full stomach) and haven't had any problems so far. I am also trying an anti-inflammatory diet -- I was eating way too much junk! Hope we both have results!!

Carole Ken Pearson <maputo95 > wrote: Carole I too am starting MTX soon and I know two people who have used it for years with great results. One lady is 69 and still working full time as a teacher thanks to MTX. Often the side effects are minimal for many people. Let's keep in touch regarding our progress on MTX. Good Luck Carole. Ken.Carole Aleman <moondahtoo > wrote: Thanks for your responses to my question about what to expect when taking Methotrexate. I already have some joint damage so I am trying it in hope

that it stops the progression of the disease. The side effects of the drug are scary but I really don't know what else to do at this point. Take care. Carole Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

Thanks for asking. I have been taking MTX for the last three weeks with no problems. I also have been taking Plaquenil and Prednisone for the last three months. I started an anti-inflammatory diet about ten days ago and have cut down (almost eliminated) dairy products from my diet. I have a lot less swelling in my knees, ankles, etc. now and haven’t needed to take NSAIDs (I had been taking them several times a day). I have also been able to cut my Prednisone dose in half (taking 1/2 of a 5mg tablet). The diet and meds seem

to be working for me and I am feeling better than I have in a long time. Hope you are able to get your prescription soon. Take care. Carole

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.