RemedySpot.com

Re: Orencia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am on orencia, and my RA is very controlled. If you started so recently, you do need to be a little pit patient. Were you on enbrel or anything before/ most of the biologics have a start-up period. How much prednisone do you take? I take 3 mg a day.

I had surgery on my hand last week, just one finger, to replace a broken mcp implant and correct some tendons. It might make it possible for me to take up the violin again, here’s hoping! I haven’t been able to play since I was a teenager.

Reply- " Rheumatoid Arthritis " <Rheumatoid Arthritis >

Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:21:56 -0500

" Rheumatoid Arthritis " <Rheumatoid Arthritis >

Subject: Orencia

Hi

I started Orencia on October 30. I have yet to feel any better, in fact, I feel worse. I hear it takes a while to see the benefits, but I'm getting discouraged. I had my first infusion, then 2 weeks later the second, then I get the next one next week. Is anybody here on Orencia, and how long did it take to start feeling better? I have been hoping to avoid going back on prednisone, but I am having such a rough time. Any advice appreciated.

Gwen:Thanks so much for responding. I was on Enbrel for about 2 years, and then Humira since January. I am not on prednisone. I take it only for flares, and even though I am definately in one, I really am trying to do without...the stuff makes me more miserable than the RA, almost...I'm also on methotrexate 25 mg by injection once a week, along with an NSAID.

How long did it take before you noticed a difference with the orencia??

I know I am being impatient, but I am just miserable right now..I realize it takes a few months, but not knowing anyone on it and not having anyone to talk with about what to expect...if I had a reasonable goal of when I might start feeling better, I think I could wait more patiently...

That is so awesome that you might be able to play violin again. I used to play guitar, and that is out of the question right now...best wishes for a successful outcome to your surgery

thanks again.

----- Original Message -----From: Gwen Orel <gwenorel@...>Date: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 19:23Subject: Re: Orencia"Rheumatoid Arthritis " <Rheumatoid Arthritis >> I am on orencia, and my RA is very controlled. If you > started so recently,> you do need to be a little pit patient. Were you on enbrel > or anything> before/ most of the biologics have a start-up > period. How much prednisone> do you take? I take 3 mg a day.> > I had surgery on my hand last week, just one finger, to replace > a broken mcp> implant and correct some tendons. It might make it > possible for me to take> up the violin again, here¹s hoping! I haven¹t been able to > play since I was> a teenager.> > > > From: <snooksmama@...>> Reply-"Rheumatoid Arthritis "> <Rheumatoid Arthritis >> Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:21:56 -0500> "Rheumatoid Arthritis "> <Rheumatoid Arthritis >> Subject: Orencia> > > > > > Hi> > I started Orencia on October 30. I have yet to feel any better, > in fact, I> feel worse. I hear it takes a while to see the benefits, but I'm > gettingdiscouraged. I had my first infusion, then 2 weeks later > the second, then I> get the next one next week. Is anybody here on Orencia, and how > long did it> take to start feeling better? I have been hoping to avoid going > back on> prednisone, but I am having such a rough time. Any advice appreciated.> > > > > >

• 3 months later...
Guest guest

Its really hard to believe that NO ONE on this list is on Orencia??? WOW, 47, adult onset RA----- Original Message -----From: snooksmama@...Date: Friday, March 14, 2008 21:34Subject: OrenciaRheumatoid Arthritis > Is anyone here on Orencia? I'd like to get others' experiences; > I have been on it since early November and it hasn't started > working yet. Have heard it could take up to 6 months? It has > been absolutely ROTTEN waiting for it to kick in.> , 47, adult onset RA>

Guest guest

Hi sorry, I am on orencia but hve been very busy. I think it does work, but it takes a while to kick in. I always feel very tired after the infusion.

Gwen,

42, onset age 14

Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 09:05:25 -0400

Subject: Re: Orencia

Its really hard to believe that NO ONE on this list is on Orencia??? WOW

, 47, adult onset RA

----- Original Message -----

Date: Friday, March 14, 2008 21:34

Subject: Orencia

Rheumatoid Arthritis

> Is anyone here on Orencia? I'd like to get others' experiences;

> I have been on it since early November and it hasn't started

> working yet. Have heard it could take up to 6 months? It has

> been absolutely ROTTEN waiting for it to kick in.

> , 47, adult onset RA

>

Guest guest

I think it has been about a year. It does work.

I also take mtx and pred, but I must say my RA is not very active just now. Interesting that you also feel tired! My doc had never heard of that but it def has that effect on me.

Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 09:28:14 -0400

Thanks for responding, Gwen. I truly appreciate it!

How long have you been on it?

I also feel very tired after the infusion.

I hope it kicks in soon, I am sooooo miserable.

Are you also on methotrexate or prednisone??

Thanks so much

, 47, adult onset RA

----- Original Message -----

Date: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 9:24

> Hi sorry, I am on orencia but hve been very busy. I think

> it does work, but

> it takes a while to kick in. I always feel very tired

> after the infusion.

>

> Gwen,

> 42, onset age 14

>

>

>

> From: and Schulz <snooksmama@...>

> Reply- " Rheumatoid Arthritis "

> <Rheumatoid Arthritis >

> Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 09:05:25 -0400

> " Rheumatoid Arthritis "

> <Rheumatoid Arthritis >

> Subject: Re: Orencia

>

>

>

>

> Its really hard to believe that NO ONE on this list is on

> Orencia??? WOW

> , 47, adult onset RA

>

> ----- Original Message -----

> From: snooksmama@...

> Date: Friday, March 14, 2008 21:34

> Subject: Orencia

> Rheumatoid Arthritis

>

> > Is anyone here on Orencia? I'd like to get others' experiences;

> > I have been on it since early November and it hasn't started

> > working yet. Have heard it could take up to 6 months? It has

> > been absolutely ROTTEN waiting for it to kick in.

> > , 47, adult onset RA

> >

>

>

>

>