RemedySpot.com

Prednisone/ Ann

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I started at 20 mg per day, then weaned to 10, then 5, 2, none. This over a period of 3 years. I did gain weight, (my doctor, an older gentleman who I just loved, told me that when he was just starting out, they used to give prednisone to TB patients to help their appetites). Also, I developed Type 2 diabetes. I'm still struggling with both. BUT, and this is a big one, I do NOT regret taking the prednisone as it both relieved the horrible pain and gave me back my dignity. I'm going into my 6th year since diagnosis, and generally feel very well, using MTX weekly, and I'm in a study where I receive 2 infusions of Rituxan every 26 weeks. You should know that a good rheumatologist will not allow you to stay on the prednisone any longer than absolutely necessary. He/she will start weaning you from it as soon as it appears the other drugs are working. It could be a juggling act for a bit, until you show real

improvement. After a bad flare over a year ago, I was taking it again for a few days. No drug is without risk or side effects. But quality of life makes it worth it to me. Good luck to you. Hugs, (In Western NY)Rheumatoid Arthritis wrote: just wanted to ask if anyone knows about predisone, I am scared to take because I heard that it makes you gain weight and it causes diabetes, if anyone knows more about this let me know, I am suppose to take 20mg aday, but I am taking only 10mg because I am scared of the side effects.

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make your homepage.