RemedySpot.com

FYI, for those who care

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am 55 years old. I had the first flare at 20 and then went into remission to the point that I forgot about having it at all except for occasional minor flaresI DO NOT take any kind of pain medication on a regular basis as I have a tendency to either vomit them right back up or break out in hives. (This includes most OTC).I am a Marine. I joined the Corp after my first diagnosis and tolerated boot camp with no problems at 24 year old. I spent 2 years in the Corps and am glad I did because that is the only way I am eligible for any medical care that is not outrageously expensive. Enbrel is $1600 a month if you have to buy it in a pharmacy. (I only pay $8 a month)I work a very physical job and am proud to say that I can work rings around most of the younger people that do the same job.I tried herbals as a alternative to prescription medications but when it came to having to take 3 times the recommended dose of them to

get any relief, I finally gave in and went on prescription medications.I am well aware of the risks that I am taking by using prescription medications, I research them and have take what I have found to my rheumatologist, and then we discuss them.I have yet to go on disability of any kind and plan on working as long as I can.I DO NOT even own a rocking chair.I just had a complete pulmonary work up that I passed with flying colors. I am also working on quitting smoking.My attitude (according to my rheumatologist ) is part of the reason that I am able to function as well as I do. I still crochet and knit on a regular basis and even sell some of the things I make to people as a side line. I was unable to even hold a crochet hook for a while and still have days that it is painful, but between that and using a keyboard I have been able to keep function in my hands. I can't always open a jar, but I have learned small tricks to help

with that. All I can say to anyone is that if you don't like what I am saying for any reason, delete it, don't bother to read it. My name is always right up front when I send something. If I have stepped on your toes, sorry, but from what has been said by some I have helped and that was the whole idea for me joining this group to begin with. That and (if you are interested) because I was having a bad reaction to a prescription medication to begin with and I came here to see if anyone had had the same reaction.

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make your homepage.

What medication are you having a bad reaction too? I am very sensitive to meds. So many I can not take due to allergic reactions.

Toni

That and (if you are interested) because I was having a bad reaction to a prescription medication to begin with and I came here to see if anyone had had the same reaction.Check out AOL Money Finance's list of the hottest products and top money wasters of 2007.