RemedySpot.com

Re: finding good information here

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Joan,

Welcome to the group. Are you in Fair Oaks, VA? If so, I live in Charlotttesville, VA and go to DC four times a year to see my rheumy. I'm 30 and was dx'd with JRA in 1999 when I was 22. I have been stable on Ibuprofen, Remicade, Folic Acid & Methotrexate for 8 years now.

Take care,Steph in VA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 2008 Charlottesville Arthritis Walk was Sat. May 3 at UVA's Stadium

The Walk raises both awareness of the prevalence of arthritis and money for research & programs for people with arthritis! The Cville walk raised over $25,000!

"Never underestimate the power of a small, dedicated group of people to change the world -- indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." (Margaret Mead)

AmeriCorps Alums -- Still Getting Things Done

From: jvanvelsor <jvanvelsor@...>Subject: finding good information hereRheumatoid Arthritis Date: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 11:11 AM

Thank you to all who post about their experiences and to offer theirsupport. I am a new member of the group, and am still in the processof diagnosis. I don't take any medications yet except vicodin forpain. The RA has come on very fast and it is quite scary. Readingthe posts from members who are doing well on the various medicationsis really encouraging.Best WishesJoan in Fair Oaks

Guest guest

Hi Joan- A fast onset means its aggressive. It does take you by suprise doesnt it. Yet newly diagnosed have lots of great research and treatment options now with biologics. Be sure to be your own advocate and go to www.arthritisfoundation.org for great information. Yours, Deborah

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 5:12 PM, DeNicola- <stephdenicola@...> wrote:

Hi Joan,

Welcome to the group. Are you in Fair Oaks, VA? If so, I live in Charlotttesville, VA and go to DC four times a year to see my rheumy. I'm 30 and was dx'd with JRA in 1999 when I was 22. I have been stable on Ibuprofen, Remicade, Folic Acid & Methotrexate for 8 years now.

Take care,Steph in VA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 2008 Charlottesville Arthritis Walk was Sat. May 3 at UVA's Stadium

The Walk raises both awareness of the prevalence of arthritis and money for research & programs for people with arthritis! The Cville walk raised over $25,000!

" Never underestimate the power of a small, dedicated group of people to change the world -- indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. " (Margaret Mead)

AmeriCorps Alums -- Still Getting Things Done

From: jvanvelsor <jvanvelsor@...>Subject: finding good information here

Rheumatoid Arthritis Date: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 11:11 AM

Thank you to all who post about their experiences and to offer theirsupport. I am a new member of the group, and am still in the processof diagnosis. I don't take any medications yet except vicodin for

pain. The RA has come on very fast and it is quite scary. Readingthe posts from members who are doing well on the various medicationsis really encouraging.Best WishesJoan in Fair Oaks

Guest guest

>

> Thank you to all who post about their experiences and to offer their

> support. I am a new member of the group, and am still in the process

> of diagnosis. I don't take any medications yet except vicodin for

> pain. The RA has come on very fast and it is quite scary. Reading

> the posts from members who are doing well on the various medications

> is really encouraging.

> Best Wishes

> Joan in Fair Oaks

>

just joined today...it's my birthday! i am also in dx process and

scared. i have spoke with several people with ra and am more scared.

mine is not coming on fast but has builded over several years and is

now at a daily point but not extremely painful as past flares have

been. good luck to you. i meet with my dr tomorrow and find out what

he says...my husband is a physician as well but i am more of a

naturalist as far as meds...guess its time to get over that!

kim

Guest guest

Kim, stay active, the pain will advently go away

Stay strong

Mike

From: kimandnoel <kimandnoel@...>Subject: Re: finding good information hereRheumatoid Arthritis Date: Sunday, June 29, 2008, 11:13 PM

>> Thank you to all who post about their experiences and to offer their> support. I am a new member of the group, and am still in the process> of diagnosis. I don't take any medications yet except vicodin for> pain. The RA has come on very fast and it is quite scary. Reading> the posts from members who are doing well on the various medications> is really encouraging.> Best Wishes> Joan in Fair Oaks>just joined today...it's my birthday! i am also in dx process and scared. i have spoke with several people with ra and am more scared. mine is not coming on fast but has builded over several years and is now at a daily point but not extremely painful as past flares have been. good luck to

you. i meet with my dr tomorrow and find out what he says...my husband is a physician as well but i am more of a naturalist as far as meds...guess its time to get over that!kim

Guest guest

Started rx yesterday and on steroids for 5 days to break flaring cycle.

I am understanding that not doing the drugs will lead to more joint

damage(?). Has anyone tried the raw food/ green smoothie diet? did it

help?

Guest guest

Kim Happy Birthday!!!

From: kimandnoel <kimandnoelcox (DOT) net>Subject: [rheumatoid_ arthritis] Re: finding good information hererheumatoid_arthriti sgroups (DOT) comDate: Sunday, June 29, 2008, 11:13 PM

>> Thank you to all who post about their experiences and to offer their> support. I am a new member of the group, and am still in the process> of diagnosis. I don't take any medications yet except vicodin for> pain. The RA has come on very fast and it is quite scary. Reading> the posts from members who are doing well on the various medications> is really encouraging.> Best Wishes> Joan in Fair Oaks>just joined today...it's my birthday! i am also in dx process and scared. i have spoke with several people with ra and am more scared. mine is not coming on fast but has builded over several years and is now at a daily point but not extremely painful as past flares have been. good luck to

you. i meet with my dr tomorrow and find out what he says...my husband is a physician as well but i am more of a naturalist as far as meds...guess its time to get over that!kim

Guest guest

Stay with what your Doctor recommeneds, eating right helps, but its small part of the total picture. do not give in to the pain.

Cheers

Mike

From: kimandnoel <kimandnoel@...>Subject: Re: finding good information hereRheumatoid Arthritis Date: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 4:17 PM

Started rx yesterday and on steroids for 5 days to break flaring cycle. I am understanding that not doing the drugs will lead to more joint damage(?). Has anyone tried the raw food/ green smoothie diet? did it help?

Guest guest

I have a friend who has had wonderful results conntrolling RA with raw diet. I am asking her to join the group and explain to you what she does. She may be able to give you links to sites that can help.

When she does join her name is Marsha.

RUe

Guest guest

thank you so much, I have started taking Plaquinel (sp?) and am

currently on a round of steroids but am also doing green smoothies, no

meat and considering raw foods. I don't care about meat that much

anyway so it is an easy change. What about suppliments? anyone? fish

oils? primrose? can anyone save me research time?

Guest guest

thank you!

I felt totally pain free for the first time today so i ran...am now

paying for it. I am unsure if i " did this to myself " or if i would be

hurting anyway so i'm glad i got a run in... can i cause a flare by

exercise? is it better to stay strong as long as i can?? so may

questions and so many scarey stories. Got to let go of control somewhat

which is hard.

Guest guest

I always figured if I enjoyed doing it, it was worth the pain later. I love to crochet and knit, but still have days that the pain is killer and those days I just sit back and look at what I accomplished when there was no pain. Plus according to the doctors, any and all moderate exercise is a way to fight off damage. So I do what I feel up to and then grab the ice packs later and remember the fun while freezing the soreness out.I am currently battling a damaged knee that means surgery somewhere along the line. It is a combination of damage due to age, weight, gout, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid, and a fall. I am trying to delay it as long as possible since I have been warned that recovery will probably take longer than is considered normal, but hopefully my hands will cooperate and stay flare free. That way I will have

something to occupy my mind when the pain gets bad since I am not able to take pain meds due to adverse reactions to every one I have tried (and there have been a lot of them, over the last 30 years).From: kimandnoel <kimandnoel@...>Subject: Re: finding good information hereRheumatoid Arthritis Date: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 11:24 PM

thank you!

I felt totally pain free for the first time today so i ran...am now

paying for it. I am unsure if i "did this to myself" or if i would be

hurting anyway so i'm glad i got a run in... can i cause a flare by

exercise? is it better to stay strong as long as i can?? so may

questions and so many scarey stories. Got to let go of control somewhat

which is hard.