RemedySpot.com

Re: To Nicomeit

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Nicomeit, I definatly understand what you are saying. I was diagnosed when I was 25. When I tell people that I have RA the common response is " oh, but your so young", I dont believe many people actually know what RA is. They seem to confuse it with degenerative or osteo arthritis. Most RA sufferers are diagnosed in their 20's or 30's. And is most definatly different from other types of arthritis. It does get frustrating trying to explain the difference to people. There are so many options out there now compared to when I was first diagnosed you should be able to find something to help you feel more like a normal 20 year old. I wish you all the best.

C in Michigan

From: nicomeit <nicomeit@...>Subject: Newly DiagnosedRheumatoid Arthritis Date: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 9:18 PM

I am a 21 years old female and was recently diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. I began having mainly knee pain over 6 months ago. It progressed pretty quickly and the pain make it hard to even walk. I was hesitant to go in to my doctor, but eventually after my hands, wrists, and shoulders began paining, and my joints began to swell I decided it was time. I was than referred to a rheumatologist. I was than diagnosed. I have started treatment, but feeling overwhelmed. I am only 21 years old?? I have so many concerns, and do not understand why this is happening to me when I am so young.

Guest guest

I was diagnosed at 14 (now in my 40s, cough) and spent a whole lifetime explaining.

At the time they called it JRA, now just early onset RA. Wish the bioligics had been around then, could have prevented my deformities! (have had all the mcp joints in both hands replaced except for the thumbs, and surgery on one foot) and spared me a lot of pain and depression.

Also, wish the internet had been around. I never knew anyone else with the illness, though I knew they were out there. This kind of support makes all the difference.

ANYWAY, I remember what it was like to have it when I was 20 so can commiserate.

-------------- Original message -------------- From: <angelac71@...>

Nicomeit, I definatly understand what you are saying. I was diagnosed when I was 25. When I tell people that I have RA the common response is " oh, but your so young", I dont believe many people actually know what RA is. They seem to confuse it with degenerative or osteo arthritis. Most RA sufferers are diagnosed in their 20's or 30's. And is most definatly different from other types of arthritis. It does get frustrating trying to explain the difference to people. There are so many options out there now compared to when I was first diagnosed you should be able to find something to help you feel more like a normal 20 year old. I wish you all the best.

C in Michigan

From: nicomeit <nicomeit >Subject: Newly DiagnosedRheumatoid Arthritis Date: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 9:18 PM

I am a 21 years old female and was recently diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. I began having mainly knee pain over 6 months ago. It progressed pretty quickly and the pain make it hard to even walk. I was hesitant to go in to my doctor, but eventually after my hands, wrists, and shoulders began paining, and my joints began to swell I decided it was time. I was than referred to a rheumatologist. I was than diagnosed. I have started treatment, but feeling overwhelmed. I am only 21 years old?? I have so many concerns, and do not understand why this is happening to me when I am so young.

Guest guest

I was rx with ra after my first son was born 1980. The only advise I was given was to take asprin and live with and keep going as best I could. I had a horrible time taking care of a new baby with hands and feet all swollen and functioning very little. I am 52 now and have many deformities and am very low functioning with hands. I celebrate the fact that you have different drugs to take and search out the right mixture to help stop this for you. Hang in there nicomeit and things will get better just keep in there trying to find the right rx.

From: nicomeit <nicomeit (DOT) com>Subject: [rheumatoid_ arthritis] Newly Diagnosedrheumatoid_arthriti sgroups (DOT) comDate: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 9:18 PM