RemedySpot.com

Re: against Orencia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi everyone- Just an FYI. The current issue of Arthritis Today has a must have biologics section that explains in detail each medication. Even more exciting are the new RA meds in trials or submitted for approval to the FDA that are all Listed. This includes the much anticipated trial of interlukin 6 which I have been following. The emails just prove that each biologic works for different people. I have to say after reading that an infusion of Rituxan administers 1000mgs in comparison to the 3mg of Remicade I get every 8 weeks. With a thousand milligrams and based on individual results even I am reluctant. To be honest, It isnt so much the biologic that causes an infection because it simply interferes with the inflammation cascade and inhibits cells from sending inappropriate signals to one another. Methotrexate and prednisone are what lower your immune system to the point where you can become extremely susceptible to infection. It targets white blood cells which are abnormal (like cancer cells) and MTX targets them and literally stops the cells from dividing. This is why the next day we feel so wiped out. I have found that Leucovorin has helped me immensely. I take MTX at bedtime and then take " Luke " when I get up straight away. I dont have half the fatigue. Taking folate alone didnt help my energy level or wiped out feeling but " Luke " really helps. Also if you have a chronic condition like bronchial COPD or anything like it, you should not be considered for a Biologic until your lungs are completely clear or in the case of COPD, something like Cyclosporine might work better. I took it at symptom onset in 96 and it worked a good 5 years for me until remicade. It may be an option. I also know that if you have stenosis or leaking valves in your heart, you can get pnuemonia just by laying down with your head below your heart. If you have not explored or been tested for congestive lung disease be sure to have an EKG to make sure. Be well everyone. Deborah P.S. Care Place Support Forum is where the rest of the group went.

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 2:12 AM, Marika <tobytoby99350@...> wrote:

> > > >> > > > Support Group

> > > > Hi my name is Cindi I am 38. I have lost my job my family > > due to> > > it. I have had my hip replaced, elbow and knee. Now the docter wants> > > to change the meds. I have tried most of the meds out there.

> > Been on> > > Enbrell for six years.It worked great at first I was runing > > down 14> > > year olds. I loved lived again. But then the R.A. came back again> > > they never goten my it to go sleep. Now they want to try

> > Orencia. I> > > just want to now if anybody has tried it?> > > > thanks> > > > Cindi> > > >> > > Dear > > > I have RA for the past 16 years, dont even rmember how many

> > medication> I have ben on in the past some worked for awihle, > > some did not .> > > When the put me on methorexate, it sure made my life better, > > but for> > > the past two years it got worse, the tryd Orencia on me, and i

> > had so> > > many sideeffects, it was unbelievable, but my Dr just ignored them> > > all.I even landet in the hospithaltwo times with pneumonia, it was> > > affecting my lungs, i got of that medication, and also gave up

that> > > Dr.So my dear, i wish you better luck, God knows we need all > > the help> > > we can get.> > > Marika> > >> > > > > >> >

>

Guest guest

I understand your concern. It is a well known fact that Orencia is not to be given to patients with chronic lung problems. I am so sorry you had that experience. I am also glad that you moved on to another doctor. I hope that you start feeling better soon!----- Original Message -----From: Marika <tobytoby99350@...>Date: Thursday, June 26, 2008 1:12Subject: against OrenciaRheumatoid Arthritis > > > > > >> > > > > Support Group> > > > > Hi my name is Cindi I am 38. I have lost my job my > family > > > due to> > > > it. I have had my hip replaced, elbow and knee. Now the > docter > wants> > > > to change the meds. I have tried most of the meds out > there. > > > Been on> > > > Enbrell for six years.It worked great at first I was > runing > > > down 14> > > > year olds. I loved lived again. But then the R.A. came > back > again> > > > they never goten my it to go sleep. Now they want to try > > > Orencia. I> > > > just want to now if anybody has tried it?> > > > > thanks> > > > > Cindi> > > > >> > > > Dear > > > > I have RA for the past 16 years, dont even rmember how > many > > > medication> I have ben on in the past some worked for > awihle, > > > some did not .> > > > When the put me on methorexate, it sure made my life > better, > > > but for> > > > the past two years it got worse, the tryd Orencia on me, > and i > > > had so> > > > many sideeffects, it was unbelievable, but my Dr just > ignored > them> > > > all.I even landet in the hospithaltwo times with > pneumonia, it > was> > > > affecting my lungs, i got of that medication, and also > gave up > that> > > > Dr.So my dear, i wish you better luck, God knows we need > all > > > the help> > > > we can get.> > > > Marika> > > >> > > > > > > >> > >> >> > >