RemedySpot.com

Re: Best U.S. cities for rheumatoid arthritis patients?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

well, I live on the southern shore of the Great Lake Ontario = western

New York State. I prefer winter = at least it is dry. The rest of the

year is just too damp/wet and I hate heat...I do not like to

sweat...doing enough of that due to menopause and some meds. == my

sister is in Houston and it always seems to be raining there...gentle

hugs! Marcia

--- kathy_d87 <kathy_d87@...> wrote:

> Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I've posted. Hope everyone

>

> is having a wonderful new year! My question is this: What town (or

> city) has the best climate for rheumatoid arthritis patients?

> Currently, I live in Houston and the temps are now in the high 30s

> this

> week. Not good for an arthritis patient who has to be at work at

> 7:30

> a.m. I thought about Hawaii, but my former boss (a professor) says

> that Hawaii is not as warm and people think--go figure--I always

> thought it was.

>

> Does anyone have any suggestions, without me having to leave the

> country. ;-)

>

> Thanks!

>

> Kathy

>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Never miss a thing. Make your home page.

http://www./r/hs

hey all! ive read that the best climate is in the southwest,,dry...no damp weather,,,or cold,,im from minneapolis- BUT moved to beautiful and smaller tulsa oklahoma where weather is bad for my RA..its just too damp in the winter and in the summer its humid as "h-e=doulble hockecy sticks" hehe thanks for reading ~debi maddox * RA 5 yrs. http://ihatera.blogspot.com/ Marcia Stoyle <marciastoyle@...> wrote- well, I live on the southern shore of the Great Lake Ontario =

westernNew York State. I prefer winter = at least it is dry. The rest of theyear is just too damp/wet and I hate heat...I do not like tosweat...doing enough of that due to menopause and some meds. == mysister is in Houston and it always seems to be raining there...gentlehugs! Marcia--- kathy_d87 <kathy_d87 > wrote:> Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I've posted. Hope everyone> > is having a wonderful new year! My question is this: What town (or > city) has the best climate for rheumatoid arthritis patients? > Currently, I live in Houston and the temps are now in the high 30s> this > week. Not good for an arthritis patient who has to be at work at> 7:30 > a.m. I thought about Hawaii, but my former boss (a professor) says > that Hawaii is not as warm and people think--go figure--I always > thought

it was. > > Does anyone have any suggestions, without me having to leave the > country. ;-)> > Thanks!> > Kathy> > __________________________________________________________Never miss a thing. Make your home page. http://www./r/hs

People move to arizona. The heat is vicious I think but it is dry and not much weather happens there. If you dont mind the occassional road runner or snake (ewwwww) my best friend and her whole family moved there and are very happy. She has RA and Lupus also. I live in Maine and I wont even start on that after two feet of snow and below zero temps. Hockey sticks is right. Hugs, Deborah

On Jan 4, 2008 6:03 PM, kathy_d87 <kathy_d87@...> wrote:

Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I've posted. Hope everyone is having a wonderful new year! My question is this: What town (or city) has the best climate for rheumatoid arthritis patients?

Currently, I live in Houston and the temps are now in the high 30s this week. Not good for an arthritis patient who has to be at work at 7:30 a.m. I thought about Hawaii, but my former boss (a professor) says

that Hawaii is not as warm and people think--go figure--I always thought it was. Does anyone have any suggestions, without me having to leave the country. ;-)Thanks!Kathy