RemedySpot.com

Weather

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Joyce wrote: can an injury in one area of the body cause you to get RA ?

Ardeith writes: As I non-medical person, I'd guess. Such an injury is a terrific stress on your body.....and stress can cause RA to flare. Also, RA is an autoimmune disorder......and the stress of the surgery could have caused it to flare.....this is something a doctor could explain.....

Joyce wrote: Also what can I expect from my rheumatologist ?

Ardeith writes: An examination to check all your joints for inflammation...and mobility/ flexibility.....to determine if any damage has been done yet......and you will need to tell him about all your physical problems....your health problems, I mean. He may accept the test already done, or order others. And he will probably start you on a medication to try to control the inflammation and the damage that causes......

Joyce wrote: I also live in s.calif currently but want to move to connecticut to be closer to family. Do any of you live in a climate with cold damp winters ?

Ardeith writes: I live in Central/West Florida, and I have more problems when the barometric pressure bounces in front of a storm than I have with the cold we have here. But we think it's cold when the temps are in the forties and fifties. I do have problems if I let my feet get chilled when outside in cold weather....the joints in my feet don't like cold, and my hands don't like digging through the freezer looking for that package of sprouts I know is in there somewhere. Here it's usually hot and damp.....not cold and damp. If you like to be outside a lot, get good warm, dry boots, and wear gloves.... warm ones............

Ardy