RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: side effect of pain meds

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Just a little FYI. They have done away with both exlax liquid and Freelax caplets because using a chemical laxative means people could abuse them. I cant take mineral oil or aloe vera which are also used because I get horrible abdomenal cramping. I have tried senna ages ago but it didnt work. I might have to look into something else eventually. Hugs everyone. Deborah.

On 7/5/07, bonniebaron <bonniebaron@...> wrote:

yes, senna works. i won't tell you how many years i've been taking it because constipation seems to be a chronic problem in my family but it definitely helps. i'm sure i'm dependent on it by now but figure that's the lesser of the evils. you can get senokot (which is a brand name and extremely expensive) or go to any pharmacy and get their generic brand . . . . just take a look and make sure that's all it is - senna (or sennosides, something like that) and follow the directions on the label.hugs, me/boys>> Has anyone tried " senna " which is a " natural " stool softener and> laxative? I am now on codeine for pain, and the side effect is

> constipation. I tried a daily stool softener alone, plus an extra> serving of fruit daily, but that did not help. I am eating five> servings daily of fruit and/or vegetables now. Thanks, gentle

hugs! > Marcia > > > > ________________________________________________________________________> Never miss an email again!> Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives.

> http://tools.search./toolbar/features/mail/>

Guest guest

Deborah, I think that aloe is good cramp causer used internally as a laxative. Some people seem to be able to take it but it is not a preferred, but olive oil as noted in my previous post constipation/side effect of.. suggest olive oil. years ago I was taking aloe juice daily and ended up having such terrible stomach cramps in pit of stomach I was bent over with them. BUT, had an old friend who had most of his colon removed could take it and seemed to do ok last I had heard--, Lee, We wish you all the best,---- Deborah Bargad <dbargad@...> wrote:> Just a little FYI. They have done away with both exlax liquid and Freelax> caplets because using a chemical laxative means people could abuse them. I> cant take mineral oil or aloe vera which are also used because I get> horrible abdomenal cramping. I have tried senna ages ago but it didnt> work. I might have to look into something else eventually. Hugs everyone.> Deborah.> On 7/5/07, bonniebaron <bonniebaron@...> wrote:> >> >