RemedySpot.com

Re: Side Effects from Anti-depressants???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Not me I act got off mine about 7 months ago but the flares are still murder . But I guess to think about it my RA got bad about the same time I started the Effexor , but that could of had to do with the pain also .From: DJ <DJ_Curran@...>Rheumatoid Arthritis Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 4:59:35 PMSubject: Side Effects from Anti-depressants???

Has anyone had any painful side-effects from anti-depressants? I have

taken Elavil, Paxil, Zoloft, Cymbalta, Lexipro and many others for the

last 20 years or so for migraines. I had severe joint pain after taking

them. As a matter of fact, this was how I was diagnosed with RA 7

years ago. But I, not the DR narrowed down the cause of symptoms by

journaling for 15 years. Now my DR wants to put me back on them. Has

anyone else experienced this at all? I document everything I eat, the

weather, meds etc to help pin-point when flares will arise and now I'm

afraid of taking more meds for depression when THE PAIN is what is

causing the depression. Any advice will be appreciated!

Anti-depressants are actually used for pain managment because it acts on neurotransmitters in the brain. There are many different types of anti-depressant to choose from, I would let your doctor know. I started on a SSRI and was not sucessful, I had lots of side effects then I tried a tri-cyclic Elavil it's working okay with minimal side effects.

From: john stratton <kentuckycowboy2@...>Subject: Re: Side Effects from Anti-depressants???Rheumatoid Arthritis Date: Monday, November 17, 2008, 2:33 PM

Not me I act got off mine about 7 months ago but the flares are still murder . But I guess to think about it my RA got bad about the same time I started the Effexor , but that could of had to do with the pain also .

From: DJ <DJ_Currancomcast (DOT) net>rheumatoid_arthriti sgroups (DOT) comSent: Monday, November 17, 2008 4:59:35 PMSubject: [rheumatoid_ arthritis] Side Effects from Anti-depressants? ??

Has anyone had any painful side-effects from anti-depressants? I have taken Elavil, Paxil, Zoloft, Cymbalta, Lexipro and many others for the last 20 years or so for migraines. I had severe joint pain after taking them. As a matter of fact, this was how I was diagnosed with RA 7 years ago. But I, not the DR narrowed down the cause of symptoms by journaling for 15 years. Now my DR wants to put me back on them. Has anyone else experienced this at all? I document everything I eat, the weather, meds etc to help pin-point when flares will arise and now I'm afraid of taking more meds for depression when THE PAIN is what is causing the depression. Any advice will be appreciated!

I would try naltrexone which is documented to help RA as well as depression. You can look up Naltrexone and Auto Immune Disorders and find info there. This med is a beta-endorphin and unlike anything else in an anti depression class. I hope that helps. Deborah

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 5:59 PM, DJ <DJ_Curran@...> wrote:

Has anyone had any painful side-effects from anti-depressants? I have

taken Elavil, Paxil, Zoloft, Cymbalta, Lexipro and many others for the

last 20 years or so for migraines. I had severe joint pain after taking

them. As a matter of fact, this was how I was diagnosed with RA 7

years ago. But I, not the DR narrowed down the cause of symptoms by

journaling for 15 years. Now my DR wants to put me back on them. Has

anyone else experienced this at all? I document everything I eat, the

weather, meds etc to help pin-point when flares will arise and now I'm

afraid of taking more meds for depression when THE PAIN is what is

causing the depression. Any advice will be appreciated!