RemedySpot.com

Postpartum RA ?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello Gilly , Deborah and the team:

Thanks for the information. Its seems mostly likely the hormones as my wife never had any complications in the last years and the 1st baby was fine . Suddenly for the 2nd baby she started to feel knee pain in the 1st 2 months of pregnancy and it slowly vanished in the later months. It hid damp hard 4 months after delivery.

I am not too sure , will it go into remission after few months , since it happens only due to hormonal changes?? any ideas or hopes??. Hope it does.

Now the Doctor had started additionally with 7.5 MTX for the 1st week. I guess he is getting all the the three MTX, Plaquenil and SSZ together in one go with maximum dose. Its only 6 weeks she was diagonsed. But her nausea is very bad for MTX to be taken as oral pills.

Anybody have experience of RA after delivery goes to remission in a short time?? or it is a wishful thinking??

But i was reading a mother's website where i was overwhelmed to see about 600 posts with the RA symptoms postpartum but only 2 or 3 recognised it was RA. the rest had no idea why.??

I am sure the awareness of RA post partum is quite low in Asia compared to US .

But for biologics, its not widely available in Asia ( note, we are from malaysia ) .

have a nice day and enjoy your time.

regards

LL

"MAKE WORLD A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE"