joined the group, I was looking for info on RA. Since then,

unfortunately, my fight with RA has taken a toll on me. It seems like

most of the meds just doesn't work for me. I haven't given up though,

I'm back on Humira and mtx, not much else to do. My joints are still

showing a lot of damage, and so much pain too live with. I hope to

post more, and help if needed. Thanks so much, Tawny

• 8 months later...
Guest guest

My daughter goes to Hudson schools and they have an excellant program for autistic children. My daughter is 5 and goes to preschool in AM and get all her speech OT and PT. In the afternoon she is in a class of 3 kids with autism and she gets a lot of one on one time. BarbSent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by AlltelFrom: "Tina Mann" Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 13:50:17 -0400< >Subject: RE: [ ] Hello group Jen! Nice to hear from you! We are actually not to far from one another, as we are in Atwater and Waterloo Schools (no, don’t think Waterloo is a good answer for you either). Out of curiosity, What schools have you checked out? Have you checked out the autism scholarship? Have you tried Kent? They have programs in Southeast but not sure how they are. I have a friend who send’s their daughter there. Unfortunatly I have found from experience that portage county has very little to offer. Email me off group… tmann5sbcglobal (DOT) net Tina " It often requires more courage to dare to do right than to fear to do wrong. " -- Abraham Lincoln From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Jen Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 12:09 PM Subject: [ ] Hello group Hello all, We are brand new to the group and I can't wait to talk to other people who understand what life is like for us. It is hard to find people to relate to and truly understand what your life is like so I am really excited that we found this group....never knew it existed. The main reason for trying to find a group of people in our local area is because my husband and I need to put our son in a different school and I would like to hear from people what local school districts are good. Our son is 7 years old and severely autistic. He is currently at Suffield Elementary in their special education program. I love his teacher but due to some very unfortunate circumstances my husband and I do not want him returning to that environment next year and would like to explore other districts in the area. We would greatly appreciate anyone and everyone's opinions about your school experiences. We live in Brimfield but are very close to Kent, Ravenna, Akron....just about everywhere. Thank you all for reading this and I can't wait to hear from you!!! Jen

Guest guest

I have been to several conferences in the Canton Area. The public schools in summit county, especially Canton seem to have a lot more to offer than in Lorain or Cuyahoga counties. We are on Westside of Cleveland, not much to offer here.

Carol We found the real 'Hotel California' and the 'Seinfeld' diner. What will you find? Explore WhereItsAt.com.