RemedySpot.com

Orencia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Is anyone here on Orencia? I'd like to get others' experiences; I have been on it since early November and it hasn't started working yet. Have heard it could take up to 6 months? It has been absolutely ROTTEN waiting for it to kick in.

, 47, adult onset RA

Guest guest

Thanks for responding, Gwen. I truly appreciate it!How long have you been on it?I also feel very tired after the infusion.

I hope it kicks in soon, I am sooooo miserable.

Are you also on methotrexate or prednisone??Thanks so much

, 47, adult onset RA----- Original Message -----From: Gwen Orel <gwenorel@...>Date: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 9:24Subject: Re: Orencia"Rheumatoid Arthritis " <Rheumatoid Arthritis >> Hi sorry, I am on orencia but hve been very busy. I think > it does work, but> it takes a while to kick in. I always feel very tired > after the infusion.> > Gwen,> 42, onset age 14> > > > From: and Schulz <snooksmama@...>> Reply-"Rheumatoid Arthritis "> <Rheumatoid Arthritis >> Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 09:05:25 -0400> "Rheumatoid Arthritis "> <Rheumatoid Arthritis >> Subject: Re: Orencia> > > > > Its really hard to believe that NO ONE on this list is on > Orencia??? WOW> , 47, adult onset RA> > ----- Original Message -----> From: snooksmama@...> Date: Friday, March 14, 2008 21:34> Subject: Orencia> Rheumatoid Arthritis > > > Is anyone here on Orencia? I'd like to get others' experiences;> > I have been on it since early November and it hasn't started> > working yet. Have heard it could take up to 6 months? It has> > been absolutely ROTTEN waiting for it to kick in.> > , 47, adult onset RA> > > > > >

Guest guest

Hi , I'm on Remicade & have been for 7.5 of the 8 years I have had RA. Take care, Steph in Virginia, age 30, juvenile RA with adult persistence dx'd at age 22 and Schulz <snooksmama@...> wrote: Its really hard to believe that NO ONE on this list is on Orencia??? WOW, 47, adult onset RA----- Original Message -----From: snooksmamainsightbbDate: Friday, March 14, 2008 21:34Subject:

OrenciaRheumatoid Arthritis > Is anyone here on Orencia? I'd like to get others' experiences; > I have been on it since early November and it hasn't started > working yet. Have heard it could take up to 6 months? It has > been absolutely ROTTEN waiting for it to kick in.> , 47, adult onset RA> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The 2008 Charlottesville Arthritis Walk is Sat. May 3 at UVA's Stadium The Walk raises both awareness of the prevalence of arthritis and money for research & programs for people with arthritis! The Cville walk includes a simultaneous Dog Walk as well. "Never underestimate the power of a small, dedicated group of people to change the world -- indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." (Margaret Mead) AmeriCorps Alums -- Still Getting Things Done

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

• 3 months later...
Guest guest

>

> Support Group

> Hi my name is Cindi I am 38. I have lost my job my family due to

it. I have had my hip replaced, elbow and knee. Now the docter wants

to change the meds. I have tried most of the meds out there. Been on

Enbrell for six years.It worked great at first I was runing down 14

year olds. I loved lived again. But then the R.A. came back again

they never goten my it to go sleep. Now they want to try Orencia. I

just want to now if anybody has tried it?

> thanks

> Cindi

>

Dear

I have RA for the past 16 years, dont even rmember how many medication

I have ben on in the past some worked for awihle, some did not .

When the put me on methorexate, it sure made my life better, but for

the past two years it got worse, the tryd Orencia on me, and i had so

many sideeffects, it was unbelievable, but my Dr just ignored them

all.I even landet in the hospithaltwo times with pneumonia, it was

affecting my lungs, i got of that medication, and also gave up that

Dr.So my dear, i wish you better luck, God knows we need all the help

we can get.

Marika

Guest guest

Hi Cindi- Here is some information about Orencia and how it differs from the other biologics. I dont have any faith in Orencia as the benefit ratio is very low. Taking a TNF binding agent like Remicade is different from Orencia which is a co stimulator. It inhibits the stimulation of the TNF cascade. Not as effective to my thinking. I dont really hold much faith in injectibles either. My only other option than remicade is Rituxan which is a B- Cell antagonist or B cell blocker and only works for those who fail to benefit from any other TNF. It is my last resort and I wont use it until I have no other choice. Rituxan is given via infusion over 6-8 hours and then again in two more weeks. Then not again for 6 months if there is no incident beforehand. I am sorry RA has been so tough on your personal life. You have really been through it. Bone Replacements are the hardest. I am glad that you are still proactive. You are a fighter. Keep fighting and pushing through. Hugs, Deborah http://arthritis.about.com/od/abatacept/f/orencia.htm

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 7:35 PM, Marika <tobytoby99350@...> wrote:

>> Support Group > Hi my name is Cindi I am 38. I have lost my job my family due to it. I have had my hip replaced, elbow and knee. Now the docter wants to change the meds. I have tried most of the meds out there. Been on

Enbrell for six years.It worked great at first I was runing down 14 year olds. I loved lived again. But then the R.A. came back again they never goten my it to go sleep. Now they want to try Orencia. I just want to now if anybody has tried it?

> thanks> Cindi>Dear I have RA for the past 16 years, dont even rmember how many medicationI have ben on in the past some worked for awihle, some did not .When the put me on methorexate, it sure made my life better, but for

the past two years it got worse, the tryd Orencia on me, and i had so many sideeffects, it was unbelievable, but my Dr just ignored them all.I even landet in the hospithaltwo times with pneumonia, it was affecting my lungs, i got of that medication, and also gave up that

Dr.So my dear, i wish you better luck, God knows we need all the help we can get.Marika

Guest guest

I am on Orencia and having miraculous results. I have been on it since last November. It took a good six months, though, to see the benefits. Now, I am in medicated remission, praise the Lord! Statistically, Orencia has very good results, it just takes awhile to start working. I tried Rituxan and had an anaphylactic reaction to it that was quite scarey.

(RN) age 47----- Original Message -----From: Deborah Bargad <dbargad@...>Date: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 18:54Subject: Re: Re: orenciaRheumatoid Arthritis > Hi Cindi- Here is some information about Orencia and how it > differs from the> other biologics. I dont have any faith in Orencia as the > benefit ratio is> very low. Taking a TNF binding agent like Remicade is > different from> Orencia which is a co stimulator. It inhibits the > stimulation of the TNF> cascade. Not as effective to my thinking. I dont > really hold much faith in> injectibles either. My only other option than remicade is > Rituxan which is> a B- Cell antagonist or B cell blocker and only works for those > who fail to> benefit from any other TNF. It is my last resort and I > wont use it until I> have no other choice. Rituxan is given via infusion over 6-> 8 hours and then> again in two more weeks. Then not again for 6 months if > there is no> incident beforehand. I am sorry RA has been so tough on > your personal> life. You have really been through it. Bone > Replacements are the hardest.> I am glad that you are still proactive. You are a > fighter. Keep fighting> and pushing through. Hugs, Deborah> http://arthritis.about.com/od/abatacept/f/orencia.htm> > On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 7:35 PM, Marika > <tobytoby99350@...> wrote:> > > > > >> > > Support Group> > > Hi my name is Cindi I am 38. I have lost my job my family > due to> > it. I have had my hip replaced, elbow and knee. Now the docter wants> > to change the meds. I have tried most of the meds out there. > Been on> > Enbrell for six years.It worked great at first I was runing > down 14> > year olds. I loved lived again. But then the R.A. came back again> > they never goten my it to go sleep. Now they want to try > Orencia. I> > just want to now if anybody has tried it?> > > thanks> > > Cindi> > >> > Dear > > I have RA for the past 16 years, dont even rmember how many > medication> I have ben on in the past some worked for awihle, > some did not .> > When the put me on methorexate, it sure made my life better, > but for> > the past two years it got worse, the tryd Orencia on me, and i > had so> > many sideeffects, it was unbelievable, but my Dr just ignored them> > all.I even landet in the hospithaltwo times with pneumonia, it was> > affecting my lungs, i got of that medication, and also gave up that> > Dr.So my dear, i wish you better luck, God knows we need all > the help> > we can get.> > Marika> >> > > >>