RemedySpot.com

Re: RE:i have a question for all of u.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Jackie- Since Remicade is a TNF binding drug and used to treat LUPUS as well, I think your RA has evolved and given you secondary Lupus. A good friend of mine who had the disease for many years found her RA had evolved into lupus. It sometimes happens. If you havent been on a biologic at all since 1998 than most likely your disease is at fault, not the drug. Remember that RA and Lupus and MS are all in the connective tissue disease family and are kissing cousins. Hyperactivity of white blood cells attack the joints or the organs or nerve endings. Do not panic. They guessed at Lupus when my RA factor wasnt present. I didnt have lupus at all, just very rampant RA. Your blood becomes a hot zone then. You should visit the lupus foundation website to get more information about the common occurence of RA and Lupus in conjunction. If you arent on prednisone and plaquenil you may want to start. It is alot more common that most people know. Remicade could have triggered the Lupus laying dormant in your system but it would have come out anyway and now you have a good strong treatment indicator. Hormones have a HUGE role to play in contracting lupus as well as RA. Factor that in to account. If you are estrogen dominant then chances are stronger that your disease has evolved. If you are freaking out about this and need further assistance, I can email my friend in AZ who has both and get some information from her on what she is doing for herself therapuetically. Hugs, Deborah

On 4/16/07, ajslady2004 <ajslady2004@...> wrote:

hello ppli started getting remiacde in dec for my r a that i've had since 98.i found out two weeks ago that i have lupus of the skin and that i migth have it inside as well.has anyone ever got lupus from getting remiacde? has anyone ever been told they have lupus after four infusetion of remiacde?i have red marks all over my face and chest and fingers i got cream for it from my dr..tty jackie